WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
He's not on that one either.

Jimmy G 🤣

GNKksyNbkAENOcB

I almost feel bad for Justin Fields.

But where's the Hendon Hooker love??

Oct 25, 2017
I knew someone would eventually make that joke.

Happy to provide

You should be more empathic, imagine how humiliating is that another team has a backup QB with more playoff wins than your elite QB, but hey, they won their last Super Bowl a year later so everything is still good

It's okay to admit that you're a choking franchise too. But I am glad that you can make yourself feel better by debating which QB is a bigger failure in the game of failing.

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
Only a matter of time before we see PPV games.
www.sportsmediawatch.com

NFL appears likely to sell Christmas doubleheader to Netflix

Netflix appears on the verge of finally entering the live sports space with an NFL Christmas doubleheader.

Never will they let us watch for free,
For each game now, we must pay a fee.
Leagues once loved by all, now hard to see,
Barring fans with costs that shouldn't be.
It seems the NFL's new decree,
To squeeze us dry, oh, how can it be?
Every match now a luxury,
No longer for the love, but for the money.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
….

As someone with an average to subpar memory, this scares the hell out of me.
It's one of those things that's super daunting if you're unfamiliar, but if you're in that world for years and years it comes to you easier. It's kinda like mathematics where if you haven't taken calc or trig a long equation looks like another language but to someone familiar it's just a basic equation. And if you're not a QB, when you hear a play you only really need to know one or two key words of the play call

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Chip dismantled a prime team because he had a college mentality still and he was very sus with black players.

View: https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/1788606688649445448

yeah, the more I have read and heard the stories, Chip had real issues dealing with the pro players, especially black players. but the funny thing is a lot of the things he introduced to the Eagles, are now standard and the Eagles still use. customized meal plans, smoothies, sleep tracking, gps speed tracking, etc etc

all that stuff is done now by pretty much the whole league. he just had terrible ppl skills and had no business being the GM. robbed Eagles fans of prime McCoy and DeSean. Maclin left as soon as he could too. Vick was miserable. Jason Peters hated him.

Honestly I'm not sure why but this fact was wiped from my memory lol

he was on there for only 1 yr.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, the more I have read and heard the stories, Chip had real issues dealing with the pro players, especially black players. but the funny thing is a lot of the things he introduced to the Eagles, are now standard and the Eagles still use. customized meal plans, smoothies, sleep tracking, gps speed tracking, etc etc

all that stuff is done now by pretty much the whole league. he just had terrible ppl skills and had no business being the GM. robbed Eagles fans of prime McCoy and DeSean. Maclin left as soon as he could too. Vick was miserable. Jason Peters hated him.

he was on there for only 1 yr.

Yeah, but for some reason I thought he was done after the Eagles and that was it, can't even remember him on San Fran sidelines lol.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
I legit forgot the SF year also. I guess I just rolled it into the Tomsula year.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
….

As someone with an average to subpar memory, this scares the hell out of me.

I still remember some of my plays when I was playing in high school and college over 20 years ago. They kept it simple. A lot of this is just names for the formations and specific receiver routes which seems needlessly convoluted to me.

Just like certain movies, people are going to be confused and frustrated as hell trying to figure out what games are on which streaming service pretty soon. Now it's Peacock, Amazon, and Netflix.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I still remember some of my plays when I was playing in high school and college over 20 years ago. They kept it simple. A lot of this is just names for the formations and specific receiver routes which seems needlessly convoluted to me.

Just like certain movies, people are going to be confused and frustrated as hell trying to figure out what games are on which streaming service pretty soon. Now it's Peacock, Amazon, and Netflix.
Don't forget Paramount+!

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree with a lot of what Chip did but he is part of the reason we won a SB. He also is the reason Howie is basically GM for life here.

I like the idea of consistency at the GM position. No worries about having to make desperation moves and not having to be fearful of making a move and missing. More teams should do it.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
So, TJ Watt should now actually own the sack record huh.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I don't agree with a lot of what Chip did but he is part of the reason we won a SB. He also is the reason Howie is basically GM for life here.

I like the idea of consistency at the GM position. No worries about having to make desperation moves and not having to be fearful of making a move and missing. More teams should do it.
He drafted Zach Ertz and Ertz came up big in Minny...so I guess broken clock is right one a day.