• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will NOT be in the top 10 selected.

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Marvin Harrison

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Malik Nabers

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Joe Alt

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 126 77.8%

• Total voters

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
All this "diva WR" talk only makes me all the more glad that we just paid Amon Ra. Dude came in as a who-knows mid-round pick and has cemented himself as one of the best receivers in the league, and not only that but he's been a 100% pro from beginning to present day and any diva accusations have remained miles away. Dude's work ethic is now the Lions' exemplar and now hopefully he gets some of his rightful recognition from others around the league.
Yeah he definitely is a different kind of WR. Has the numbers and the talent to talk all the shit he wants, but he never does.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Wow, and the Lions follow up the Amon Ra deal and ink Sewell to a huge extension too.

We are loading up on our cornerstones. Sewell is definitely shifting to the left side once Decker's contract runs out, too.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If you put Amon Ra's contract in front of Aiyuk right now he'd probably sign it in a heart beat and suddenly he's not a "diva" anymore and is more like that quiet, humble hardworking dude St. Brown is. I love being reminded how people in here have the stupidest logic lol

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
All this "diva WR" talk only makes me all the more glad that we just paid Amon Ra. Dude came in as a who-knows mid-round pick and has cemented himself as one of the best receivers in the league, and not only that but he's been a 100% pro from beginning to present day and any diva accusations have remained miles away. Dude's work ethic is now the Lions' exemplar and now hopefully he gets some of his rightful recognition from others around the league.
Love our Sun God.

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017
Don't really understand why Amon Ra was drafted so low... He was so polished in every aspect. I assumed that even after he was successful in the NFL, GMs were like "well, he's just a possession WR putting up empty stats. You don't draft those types high. I'd rather swing and miss on a guy who could be a true star!" Now he's the highest paid WR in the league...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really understand why Amon Ra was drafted so low... He was so polished in every aspect. I assumed that even after he was successful in the NFL, GMs were like "well, he's just a possession WR putting up empty stats. You don't draft those types high. I'd rather swing and miss on a guy who could be a true star!" Now he's the highest paid WR in the league...

Physical attributes don't jump off the page at you. Those kinds of guys are often overlooked or undervalued at draft time but also often end up being pretty consistent and productive NFL players especially at the skill positions. We just saw this with Puka Nacua last year too. Everyone wants their top 10/first round WRs to be 6'4 with 4.3 40s.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
If you put Amon Ra's contract in front of Aiyuk right now he'd probably sign it in a heart beat and suddenly he's not a "diva" anymore and is more like that quiet, humble hardworking dude St. Brown is. I love being reminded how people in here have the stupidest logic lol
It's funny that we never hear about these low ball contracts teams offer at first.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at some of Maye's tape from 2022 and now I can see why people were so high on him.

Maye has been looking like a potential turnover machine to me. A lot of the tape I've seen was either throwing into wide open coverages, and a tendency to only make reads towards one side of the field. I see too much of a gunslinger type with him.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maye has been looking like a potential turnover machine to me. A lot of the tape I've seen was either throwing into wide open coverages, and a tendency to only make reads towards one side of the field. I see too much of a gunslinger type with him.

Was the tape from 2022 or 2023? 2023 he kinda looked like ass at times. But that was a different offense from 2022.

TRS8088

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, Illinois, USA

They are getting roasted locally for this horrible press conference, so of course they want to direct everyone to the pretty fake pictures. They opened it with a pastor from an underserved area of the city praying for the billionaire family to get their stadium, and the "progressive" mayor who ran a campaign on not using taxpayer money to pay for stadiums is right there with them. The Bears think everyone here is an idiot. What a disaster if they get one dime of taxpayer money.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
They are getting roasted locally for this horrible press conference, so of course they want to direct everyone to the pretty fake pictures. They opened it with a pastor from an underserved area of the city praying for the billionaire family to get their stadium, and the "progressive" mayor who ran a campaign on not using taxpayer money to pay for stadiums is right there with them. The Bears think everyone here is an idiot. What a disaster if they get one dime of taxpayer money.
They're only asking for a measly 2 billion.

Nov 23, 2017
As an Eagles fan, I'm honestly not excited for the draft this year. 22 isn't a great spot to pick from and most of the top guys i want will be gone by then. Howie could trade up but I don't want to give up valuable picks. But as far as NFL chaos goes, I'm stoked for that. Can't wait for some team to overpay to overdraft JJ McCarthy. Feels like destiny.

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, and the Lions follow up the Amon Ra deal and ink Sewell to a huge extension too.

We are loading up on our cornerstones. Sewell is definitely shifting to the left side once Decker's contract runs out, too.
IMO, the two best linemen in football is Sewell and Trent Williams. Sewell shut down Nick Bosa in his first start ever playing LT.

Oct 29, 2017
The year he was drafted was a very big one for that position. This year will be similar.

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Bengals have 10 draft picks which includes an extra 3rd, 6th and 7th. Really hope they pack package a couple of those extra picks and use it to move the 2nd round pick up. Ideally get someone like Latham at 18, then if Byron Murphy or Newton fall to the second round move up and get them.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Sheila woke up feeling SPENDY today. Glad Sewell and (Praise the) Sun God got locked up before the draft.

Now do Goff

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I really think the jets should trade down. Get a 2nd round pick and pick up JJ or Michael Penix Jr.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
As an Eagles fan, I'm honestly not excited for the draft this year. 22 isn't a great spot to pick from and most of the top guys i want will be gone by then. Howie could trade up but I don't want to give up valuable picks. But as far as NFL chaos goes, I'm stoked for that. Can't wait for some team to overpay to overdraft JJ McCarthy. Feels like destiny.
It'll be fine. Just get Laiatu Latu, Xavier Legette, and Kamari Lassiter with the first three picks and it will be a great class.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In my book, if the Colts trade up to the top ten, it would basically be only for one of the three big WRs. But I don't see it as likely.

Jan 20, 2022

Kind of don't like domed stadiums in areas that have inclimate weather. I've always liked that football is an all-weather sport. Love watching teams grind it out in the snow. Feels like we're losing that with all these indoor stadiums. I get that the cities want to bid for the Super Bowl and the NFL would never play a Super Bowl in snow (cowards), but still feels like part of the identity of the sport.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
In my book, if the Colts trade up to the top ten, it would basically be only for one of the three big WRs. But I don't see it as likely.
I could see someone trading with the Falcons or Titans if they're trying to snipe the 2nd/3rd WR still on the board. If Nabers or especially Odunze drop to 9, you know Chicago will take them.

Kind of don't like domed stadiums in areas that have inclimate weather. I've always liked that football is an all-weather sport. Love watching teams grind it out in the snow. Feels like we're losing that with all these indoor stadiums. I get that the cities want to bid for the Super Bowl and the NFL would never play a Super Bowl in snow (cowards), but still feels like part of the identity of the sport.

Were getting in door/dome stadiums cause cities and such want to host events (Concerts, other sporting events and more) all year round.

Look at Green Bay/Lambeau Field it can't host much of anything (also helps the city is like 80% Bars), that and weather home field advantage hasn't really meant much look at the bills and Aaron Rogers history of playoffs at home.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

That's where I am at. Trading up means giving up one of the 2nds and they don't have a 3rd thanks to the awful Kenny Pickett deal.

I rather they stay put at 22 and take BPA and hold on to their two 2nd rd picks.

It'll be fine. Just get Laiatu Latu, Xavier Legette, and Kamari Lassiter with the first three picks and it will be a great class.

I'd be more than ok with this haul!

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah if they trade up it would be for Odunze or Nabers if they're there at 9. But it's unlikely with Ballard's draft history. It's more likely they trade up 3 spots for Bowers if he's there. I think it's a trade back and draft Worthy in the 20s.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I really think the jets should trade down. Get a 2nd round pick and pick up JJ or Michael Penix Jr.
JJ will likely go in the top 5 (Vikings via trade with Chargers)? Penix may not make it past the Raiders and if he does, it wouldn't surprise me if he slips to day 2. Valuations of him seem to vary wildly.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017

I'm here for maximum chaos….

#3 is where it all starts.

Looking at our Mock draft hope Giants don't have an opportunity to pick Nabers, I hope the draft plays out differently and MHJ/Nabers are gone, but McCarthy is there at 6, then the Giants can get a kings ransom from desperate teams.

Denver, swap first round picks and give me Surtain..

Vikings swap first round picks, and give me next year's first round pick...

I am more incline to trade the 6 than take a player..

If they have to take a player trade up and get Daniels or Maye otherwise trade out..

Schoen said he has 15 first round grades this year. Doesn't sound to me like a trade down.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Jay Glazer draft info, he made an appearance on a LA radio show and chimed in what he heard.

- The Patriots like Drake Maye a lot.
- He doesn't think 4 QBs go in the top 4.
- Penix at 13 is too high
- JC Latham's stock has skyrocketed
- No consensus on WRs 1-3
- Medicals are split on Laiatu Latu.