• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will NOT be in the top 10 selected.

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Marvin Harrison

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Malik Nabers

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Joe Alt

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 127 77.9%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
California
I need to calm down, or else I'm gonna have a fucking heart attack.

NO FUCK IT

"OH IT'S OK IF THE NINERS DON'T DO ANYTHING TO ADDRESS THE O LINE IN THE OFFSEASON, THEY'LL JUST FOCUS ON THAT IN THE DRAFT"

WELL HERE WE FUCKING ARE WITH DICK TO SHOW FOR IT

If Purdy gets hurt fire Lynch and Kyle into the fucking sun

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
No one getting monster picks, sheeesh an NFL draft takes at least 2-3 seasons to pan out, all these picks look good on paper, but the average NFL career is 3.3 years.. in 3 years many of these picks will be looking for a new career.
That is true, it all depends who sticks. But right now, feels like both teams got good picks and did nothing.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Came in a bit later than I expected, but I'm loving the Packers draft so far
Eh, I don't hate it but I think it could have been so much better. Packers have an insane number of picks remaining; them not using some of those to move up is frustrating. I'd rather they moved up and got DeJean in the 2nd or move up now and get someone decent rather than sit on 7 picks in round 5 or later.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Andru Phillips sounds like a good selection and fit in Shane Bowen's defense. Nickel/S star spot. Similar to what I figure DeJean would've fit.

Draft has produced three starters so far, plus the original second rounder was sent to CAR for Brian Burns.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm going to need an adult to explain that SF/KC trade to me.

KC thought another team might jump up into the Niners spot and take Kingsley, so they decided that getting him was worth giving up a 5th-round pick in exchange for a 6th-rounder to make certain they got him, as he was probably a lot higher on their board than other tackles.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
KC thought another team might jump up into the Niners spot and take Kingsley, so they decided that getting him was worth giving up a 5th-round pick in exchange for a 6th-rounder to make certain they got him, as he was probably a lot higher on their board than other tackles.

Yep and another team nabbed the guy the 9ers wanted, hence the trade.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
We traded back.

I guess that tells you how we viewed Wilson.

Trotter it'll be, later on.

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Bengals pick up a receiver in Jermaine Burton with their first 3rd round pick. That's neat, we could def use a receiver who can play a little slot this year and be the number 2 next year when Higgins is gone.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Man the Lions sure are committed to introducing as much fresh competition into the cornerback room as humanly possible. I don't hate the pick but I do kind of wonder how much field-time he's going to get when there's already at least Mosely, Davis, Robertson, and Arnold ahead of him. Granted, Detroit cornerbacks always get injured and three of those four guys I just mentioned are likely to miss half the season at some point or another so maybe all the loading up isn't a bad call.

I've tried to keep in mind that Brad Holmes was pretty consistent in saying they're looking for great players moreso than positional need in the draft so I don't want to overreact to going Corner-Corner and now having to sit on our hands until the fifth round, but I'm sure curious what their draft board is looking like if they felt like no one else was close enough at other spots we could use some help with.
I love it. The secondary was absolute trash last year and the reason Lions weren't in the Super Bowl. Holmes revamped the entire thing in one off-season.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
falcons gon get crazy bad grades from this draft, they're just out there doing whatever lmao

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I love it. The secondary was absolute trash last year and the reason Lions weren't in the Super Bowl. Holmes revamped the entire thing in one off-season.

It's definitely the way a good front office should respond. But I do wonder if the defensive line will improve enough to help Hutch.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I guess the thing is, this is absolutely true....but was also absolutely true last year. We brought in Mosely, Sutton, and CJGJ, drafted Branch, it was supposed to be the big reclamation already...and we saw how that went. Mosely died immediately, CJGJ went out in game 2 and was gone most of the year, our other options went down one by one until we were left with Kindle "The Facemask" Vildor and the defense looking like a problem again.

The secondary was absolute trash, but the lackluster pass-rush didn't do them any favors with that, and we haven't particularly improved at that this offseason either. It can still work with what we're doing, but it kind of necessitates two of these like five corners we're bringing in maintaining excellent man-to-man so that receivers can't make space when the scrambly QBs inevitably slip out of our DEs' fingers...even if all these guys have some promise, I still wouldn't feel great about that bet.