• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will NOT be in the top 10 selected.

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Marvin Harrison

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Malik Nabers

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Joe Alt

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 127 77.9%

• Total voters

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
2024 NFL Draft Round 2

33) Buffalo Bills: Keon Coleman, WR
34) Los Angeles Chargers: Ladd McConkey, WR
35) Atlanta Falcons: Ruke Orhorhoro, DL
36) Washington Commanders: Johnny Newton, DL
37) New England Patriots: Ja'Lynn Polk, WR
38) Tennessee Titans: T'Vondre Sweat, DT
39) Los Angeles Rams: Braden Fiske DT
40) Philadelphia Eagles: Cooper DeJean CB
41) New Orleans Saints: Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB
42) Houston Texans: Kamari Lassiter, CB
43) Arizona Cardinals: Max Melton, CB
44) Las Vegas Raiders: Jackson Powers-Johnson, OL
45) Green Bay Packers: Edgerrin Cooper, LB
46) Carolina Panthers: Jonathan Brooks, RB
47) New York Giants: Tyler Nubin, S
48) Jacksonville Jaguars: Maason Smith, DT
49) Cincinnati Bengals: Kris Jenkins, DT
50) Washington Commanders: Mike Sainristil, CB
51) Pittsburgh Steelers: Zach Frazier, OL
52) Indianapolis Colts: Adonai Mitchell, WR
53) Washington Commanders: Ben Sinnot, TE
54) Cleveland Browns: Michael Hall Jr, DT
55) Miami Dolphins: Patrick Paul, OT
56) Dallas Cowboys: Marshawn Kneeland, DT
57) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Chris Braswell, EDGE
58) Green Bay Packers: Javon Bullard, S
59) Houston Texans: Blake Fisher, OT
60) Buffalo Bills: Cole Bishop, S
61) Detroit Lions: Ennis Rakestraw Jr, CB
62) Baltimore Ravens: Roger Rosengarten, OT
63) Kansas City Chiefs: Kingsley Suamataia, OT
64) San Francisco 49ers: Renardo Green, CB

2024 NFL Draft Round 3

65) New York Jets: Malachi Corley, WR
66) Arizona Cardinals: Trey Benson, RB
67) Washington Commanders: Brandon Coleman, OT
68) New England Patriots: Caedan Wallace, OL
69) Los Angeles Chargers: Junior Colson, LB
70) New York Giants: Andru Phillips, CB
71) Arizona Cardinals: Isaiah Adams, OL
72) Carolina Panthers: Trevin Wallace, LB
73) Dallas Cowboys: Cooper Beebe, OL
74) Atlanta Falcons: Bralen Trice, EDGE
75) Chicago Bears: Kiran Amegadjie, OT
76) Denver Broncos: Jonah Elliss, EDGE
77) Las Vegas Raiders: Delmar Glaze, OT
78) Houston Texans: Clane Bullock, S
79) Indianapolis Colts: Matt Goncalves, OT
80) Cincinnati Bengals: Jermain Burton, WR
81) Seattle Seahawks: Christian Haynes, OL
82) Arizona Cardinals: Tip Reiman, TE
83) Los Angeles Rams: Blake Corum, RB
84) Pittsburgh Steelers: Roman Wilson, WR
85) Cleveland Browns: Zak Zinter, OL
86) San Francisco 49ers: Dominick Puni, OL
87) Dallas Cowboys: Marist Liufau, LB
88) Green Bay Packers: MarShawn Lloyd, RB
89) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tykee Smith, S
90) Arizona Cardinals: Elijah Jones, CB
91) Green Bay Packers: Ty'Ron Hopper, LB
92) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jalen McMillan, WR
93) Baltimore Ravens: Adisa Isaac, EDGE
94) Philadelphia Eagles: Jalyx Hunt, LB
95) Buffalo Bills: DeWayne Carter, DT
96) Jacksonville Jaguars: Jarrian Jones, S
97) Cincinnati Bengals: McKinnley Jackson, DT
98) Pittsburgh Steelers: Payton Wilson, LB
99) Los Angeles Rams: Kamren Kinchens, S
100) Washington Commanders: Luke McCaffrey, WR

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yep, now we're at the end of the 3rd and picked up a 3rd pick in the 4th. got eight picks left. now it's time for that scouting dept to make that money

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a good last name lol

Anything but. He's a versatile beast. I'll take it.

Screen-Shot-2024-04-15-at-10.30.12-PM.jpg

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Interested to see where the Bengals go with their comp pick. Still could use a CB but really just best player available the rest of the way.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Fangio's project. I like it, but I'm still a massive homer who wants Trotter with a 4th. Or package all the 4ths and Bradberry for an 8th rounder in 2032.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I swear every time I hear that Christian McCaffrey is Ed McCaffrey's son I learn it for the first time. I simply cannot retain this piece of information. I just heard about Luke getting drafted and my initial reaction was "Oh, Ed McCaffrey has a son who plays football" before they went on to say that he's joining his brother in the NFL.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I swear every time I hear that Christian McCaffrey is Ed McCaffrey's son I learn it for the first time. I simply cannot retain this piece of information. I just heard about Luke getting drafted and my initial reaction was "Oh, Ed McCaffrey has a son who plays football" before they went on to say that he's joining his brother in the NFL.

I still remember thinking Dylan McCaffrey was going to be Michigan's QB savior. That was after he had a couple nice TDs passes to Sainristil when they were both freshman in garbage time iirc.

Then he got hurt in the spring, Joe Milton won the starting job, he transferred to play for his dad and fell off the earth.

He looked a lot more like his dad though. 6'5" sinewy with dark hair and the tiny shoulder pads.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

I actually read about this guy on some Eagles sites a few weeks ago. Some had him rising into the 2nd. Can say that about a lot of guys but I like the pick. I think Daniel Jeremiah mentioned this was Fangio's most wanted or one of his most desired guys.

I am a bit perplexed why they kept moving down. Getting a 3rd cool. But then doung it over a over?

Obviously their board and the rest of the league differed from most draft guys cause players like Colson slid way down. Troy Franklin is still out there. TJ Tampa is still available! Maybe they could have just stated at 50 and 53 to take a combo of these guys. But I guess they slid for a reasons. Really really wanted Colson.

Not sure why teams are passing on Frankin and Tampa still. Do the Eagles take a 3rd CB? Does Franklin slide to them in the 4th?

Is there any LB worth picking? They'll end up with Trotter or most likely they pass again on LB.

Oh well LBs are going to be a shit show as always.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I actually read about this guy on some Eagles sites a few weeks ago. Some had him rising into the 2nd. Can say that about a lot of guys but I like the pick. I think Daniel Jeremiah mentioned this was Fangio's most wanted or one of his most desired guys.

I am a bit perplexed why they kept moving down. Getting a 3rd cool. But then doung it over a over?

Obviously their board and the rest of the league differed from most draft guys cause players like Colson slid way down. Troy Franklin is still out there. TJ Tampa is still available! Maybe they could have just stated at 50 and 53 to take a combo of these guys. But I guess they slid for a reasons. Really really wanted Colson.

Not sure why teams are passing on Frankin and Tampa still. Do the Eagles take a 3rd CB? Does Franklin slide to them in the 4th?

Is there any LB worth picking? They'll end up with Trotter or most likely they pass again on LB.

Oh well LBs are going to be a shit show as always.
I def think it's a good risk at this stage of the draft. Dude is athletic as hell and pretty smart as a former Ivy Leaguer. They brought him in for a top 30 visit too, so they had their eye on him. And obviously they feel like they got the coaches to develop him. The team is gonna get expensive as hell too and if they can find a future pass rushing option on the cheap, it's worth the risk especially when bg is on his way out next year and sweat may be gone too.

Also surrpised that Tampa is still there as well and some team will get a good steal with him tomorrow. Cedric Gray's still out there (and he was also a t30 visit) if they want a lb and Trotter too if they wanna go down that route.

And I'm sure they'll take a wideout at some point too at the very least. Maybe Brenden Rice? Also maybe Sanders the tight end?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Would like to see the Patriots draft Devontez Walker tomorrow. Drake's best receiver last year. Someone he is comfortable throwing to on day one.

Edit: What's the knock on brenden rice?

Last edited:

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
No one knows, the least of whom happens to be Kirko Chains himself.

No one knows wtf the Falcons are doing.
I foolishly spent time to watch the Falcons post-round 1 press conference and the GM and coach honestly didn't make much sense. Their argument was he was they couldn't pass him up, didn't want to see him succeed on another team, and aren't worried if he sits for years behind Cousins. Seems like they should have spent their highly valued pick on a player that can help their team win now, especially after signing Cousins. If I were Penix, I would not be thrilled with potentially sitting for years behind Cousins.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I foolishly spent time to watch the Falcons post-round 1 press conference and the GM and coach honestly didn't make much sense. Their argument was he was they couldn't pass him up, didn't want to see him succeed on another team, and aren't worried if he sits for years behind Cousins. Seems like they should have spent their highly valued pick on a player that can help their team win now, especially after signing Cousins. If I were Penix, I would not be thrilled with potentially sitting for years behind Cousins.
If I was Penix I would be fucking furious. The Falcons just sentenced him to a minimum two year back up role to the guy they just gave a ransom for. If Kirk does well he's looking at longer or a trade. The BEST case for him is that the usually healthy Kirk takes another huge hit and he gets playing time. Worst case he sits for two season and loses MILLIONS in potential future earnings because he can't show what he has.

Either way the Falcons took him and put him in a complete shit situation. I can't imagine he is happy about it behind the scenes. Especially when you look at the situations that McCarthy and Williams were thrown into. Instant starters with stars all around them.

For someone as talented and driven as Penix that has to fucking hurt.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Steelers still need a CB I think, but so far they've had the best (or one of the best, at least) drafts this year.

Granted, I'm biased, but still.

Oct 27, 2017
And gave the fastest guy in the draft to the chiefs whose offense loves to have some burners.

No idea what they were thinking.
Eh... I always liked Coleman when I watched him at FSU. I think draft people get hung up on 40 times a bit like its the one most amazing stat that determines success for a WR. We'll see. Worthy is interesting but its not like the Chiefs weren't going to find a way to trade up and get him anyway and in return the Bills are able to get a 3rd round pick for a DT, which they needed.

Plus, Coleman had the fastest Gauntlet drill time at the combine, which I guess you could argue is a better indicator of game speed than just the 40- Puka Nakua also had a mediocre 40 time last year but had a good Gauntlet time, like Coleman.

I'd frankly be more concerned with Worthy being barely 160 pounds. Curious to see how he'll hold up in a full NFL season (yes, I'm a Bills fan and nervous about this pick...)

And for the Bills, they have 4 5th round picks to throw around today if they want to trade up in the 4th to try and get another WR, of which there are still some decent ones out there. So I think the Bills are doing all right. Outside of the top 3, maybe 4 WRs in this class I think every other guy had some kind of notable flaw, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
The Bills really traded down to take Keon Coleman? A wr that couldn't separate in college? Beane what are you doing?

They want good hands and physicality at the boundary, and picked up another day 2 pick to get a guy they would've drafted at 28. Allen wanted him, Bills had a decent grade on him, we'll see what happens if he develops his route tree.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Their argument was he was they couldn't pass him up, didn't want to see him succeed on another team
If I was Penix this excuse would piss me the fuck off. This not Madden, these are people's careers and lives. Because of Penix's age, and regardless of what team he's on, he has a shorter than usual window to show he can succeed in the NFL, and the Falcons made that window even smaller. Super selfish of Falcon's management.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Solid draft by Packers so far. Glad we took an RB in the 2nd.

It's kind of surreal to see the Packers draft and actually not need them to go for pass catchers

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
If I was Penix this excuse would piss me the fuck off. This not Madden, these are people's careers and lives. Because of Penix's age, and regardless of what team he's on, he has a shorter than usual window to show he can succeed in the NFL, and the Falcons made that window even smaller. Super selfish of Falcon's management.

Penix could pull an Eli and nobody would blame him

Hell Kirk could retire tomorrow and nobody would blame him either

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Penix could pull an Eli and nobody would blame him

Hell Kirk could retire tomorrow and nobody would blame him either
For sure. Way to go, Falcons, you managed to possibly piss off both your QBs and give them justification to hold out/demand a trade. I want to know much Raheem Morris played a part in the pick. Penix pick wouldn't have happened if they hired Bill.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Heard some people/"insiders" on a number of shows talk about the Falcons decision and it's a pretty clear case of GM incompetence and cowardice.

-They didn't structure Kirk's contract as if he was a bridge. There was ways of structuring the contract so the Falcons had more flexibility but they did none of it. So this decision was made after Cousins had signed.
-They made this decision off of watching film and bringing Penix in and just being mesmerized about how he threw the ball in the wind. So essentially Zach Wilson 2.0. If they had done their research appropriately timeline-wise, they could have made the decision about Penix before signing the contract with Cousins.
-They didn't bring Penix in for a 30 visit, which is usually done for medicals (which take a guess is the big concern for Penix)
-Pretty much everybody involved (owner, GM, coach) had been burned and fired for not having a good QB in the past. So it's more important for them that they have the guy than anything based on their prior experiences.
-Cousins is still pretty angry about this even after draft night. Not just for himself but rather asking "What is the team doing?" sort of way. This might be a locker room problem.

I think Nick Wright nailed it by saying the Falcons are more concerned about at least being mediocre than actually winning a championship. The succession plan feels more like an excuse.