• Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 129 78.2%

• Total voters

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's saying no games on Xmas.

Those games are the result of two games to be played on Wednesday, December 25. The four teams that play on Christmas will play four days early, on December 21. <— from the article. Christmas teams to play on the 21st also for the Sunday-> Thursday turnaround I guess

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Love Goff and we had to pay him but….eesh. The cap will go up and other QB's are going to get paid soon which will push Geoff's number down the rankings but still. If Goff could move around even a little I'd feel better. Like scramble for the odd first down or easy 5 yards. But he's a complete statue of a QB.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
that Goff contract lmao

They had to do it, but lmao

Gotta have a neat out in two seasons at minimum

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
tumblr_ni11pnqnFJ1qhcrb0o1_500.gif

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
The Lions were put in kind of an impossible situation with Goff. He's been too good to just cast away, it's not like we had some known improvement of talent to immediately replace him with (sorry Hooker), and the offense is largely built around his strengths and weaknesses and he just led us to the most successful Lions season that I've personally witnessed. On the other hand, there are clearly holes in his game and he's now being paid as a top 5 QB when his pure talent probably doesn't put him in the top 5. Nature of the business that the next guy to get a contract has to ping the ceiling, though, so this isn't surprising. I'll still feel better having Goff back than paying similar money to bring in Kirk Cousins as a free agent at this point, for example. Other QBs will get bigger money.

The big key is that it's clear the Lions are staking their claim that the next 3-4 years is going to be their big push. Let's hope it works.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm happy that Goff got paid. He deserved it. With a lot of our players still on rookie deals, it should allow enough wiggle room to pay them when it's second contract time.

Oct 29, 2017
The Lions were put in kind of an impossible situation with Goff. He's been too good to just cast away, it's not like we had some known improvement of talent to immediately replace him with (sorry Hooker), and the offense is largely built around his strengths and weaknesses and he just led us to the most successful Lions season that I've personally witnessed. On the other hand, there are clearly holes in his game and he's now being paid as a top 5 QB when his pure talent probably doesn't put him in the top 5. Nature of the business that the next guy to get a contract has to ping the ceiling, though, so this isn't surprising. I'll still feel better having Goff back than paying similar money to bring in Kirk Cousins as a free agent at this point, for example. Other QBs will get bigger money.

The big key is that it's clear the Lions are staking their claim that the next 3-4 years is going to be their big push. Let's hope it works.
I hope so as well.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Bucks and Packers together are kinda fitting seeing they both won a championship in recent history and disappointed since. Shocked the Brewers are in the 9th bracket tho.

All I know is that he better not pull the same shit he did when he got paid in LA. He deserves it though and they did kinda have to pay him

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Some unfortunate team is going to pay Dak, but hopefully they don't pay him as much as Goff or Kirk. I don't wanna see a team get fleeced like that.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Dak is a Cowboy lifer. I was excited when they locked him up. Give me a few more years of worry free Super Bowl football from them.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Dak will put up monster numbers in the regular season again this year and Jerry will give him the biggest bag imaginable. Let's be real here.