• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know what point he's trying to make. Yeah, you'll get breakthrough cases, but it'll still be less than the alternative.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
This is just Bill going against the grain. The media ran with the story yesterday that the reason for Cam's release was due to him not being vaccinated.

Even if that story was correct, Bill isn't going to give them any satisfaction and will be grumpy about it.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
This is just Bill going against the grain. The media ran with the story yesterday that the reason for Cam's release was due to him not being vaccinated.

Even if that story was correct, Bill isn't going to give them any satisfaction and will be grumpy about it.
This is not "being grumpy" about it. Just say his status had nothing to do with his release. The argument is that being unvaccinated subjects a player to stricter protocols that can impact his availability, that's why it could potentially matter and influence the decision on who to keep on the team, no one is arguing the eficacy of immunization here. Bill knows that, he just obfuscated the issue with irresponsible rhetoric about "look, the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting Covid" as if that's what's being discussed.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
This is not "being grumpy" about it. Just say his status had nothing to do with his release. The argument is that being unvaccinated subjects a player to stricter protocols that can impact his availability, that's why it could potentially matter and influence the decision on who to keep on the team, no one is arguing the eficacy of immunization here. Bill knows that, he just obfuscated the issue with irresponsible rhetoric about "look, the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting Covid" as if that's what's being discussed.
Bill said that.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he didn't say that, I'm saying that's all he needed to say on the issue. When asked what Mac Jones did to show them he could start the answer was "I don't know", but when talking about the impact being unvaccinated had on Cam's release, this whole thesis comes out? Sure.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm not saying he didn't say that, I'm saying that's all he needed to say on the issue. When asked what Mac Jones did to show them he could start the answer was "I don't know", but when talking about the impact being unvaccinated had on Cam's release, this whole thesis comes out? Sure.
This is BB. The translation of his answer is basically, "No...and by the way, fuck you".

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Either way, Bill is being a contrarian dumbass here. Every time he doesn't like how a media session is going, he digs in and makes it worse.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The NFL shouldn't need to be scrambling to find a host for NO/GB. How the NFL does not have a stadium essentially on stand by to host games just in case is beyond me. If they won't let college only stadiums field NFL teams, then just let them play at the field at the hall of fame or any other former NFL city like St. Louis.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I don't understand the pessimism. Maybe you're just tired of Howie. Sure it's only a late round pick, but the Eagles actually do okay with late round selections and UDFAs IMO and it helps find talent to fill out the back end of the roster worst case. Getting something for Pyror is nice when he could've been cut for nothing. If it leads to someone like Kelce, Mills, Watkins or Mailata then that's great.

Yeah, I am pretty sick and tired of Howie but none of these moves are some masterstrokes. This is what most teams do. Trade 6th-7th rd picks to take chances on guys. Outside of the Rams maybe, most GMs/Teams like to accumulate picks. Howie got a 6th woohoo! What a genius! Give him a lifetime contract!

And the Eagles do well with late-round picks? I bet they are on par with the rest of the league and miss more than they hit on. A lot of the late rd and UDFAs have to play for the Eagles because the guys they take early are busts or always hurt. Mailata is only a thing because Dillard has underperformed, to put it lightly.

The real genius would have been to not take Dillard (who they traded up for so it wasn't even just 1 pick), instead take another player worthy of the 1st rd selection, and then take Mailata when they did. Or not taking JJAW over DK Metcalf so you have to spend 2 first-round and a bunch of late-round picks to find solutions at WR.

Howie messed up an SB roster with terrible drafts and contracts that tied their hands but hey at least he swindled the Jags out of a 6th for the 3rd string QB!!!

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Howie messed up an SB roster with terrible drafts and contracts that tied their hands but hey at least he swindled the Jags out of a 6th for the 3rd string QB!!!
I disagree with this. Howie created the Super Bowl roster. His problem post super bowl was loyalty. Seemed like he wanted to keep the guys together (and Doug may have been an influence their) and that led to some bad contracts and put us in the situation we're in now. I think he's earned the chance to lead us through another rebuild, but if he fails then it's time to move on.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So if Brady wins another SB in TB and Mac wins as many SB's in NE Brady did..did Bill make Brady or vice versa?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I disagree with this. Howie created the Super Bowl roster. His problem post super bowl was loyalty. Seemed like he wanted to keep the guys together (and Doug may have been an influence their) and that led to some bad contracts and put us in the situation we're in now. I think he's earned the chance to lead us through another rebuild, but if he fails then it's time to move on.

Howie made all the right moves just that 1 yr and even then it was because he hit on all the second-tier FAs they picked up. The draft was still abysmal. He hit on all those moves for 2017 and it was a surprise to even him. They didn't go into 2017 as some juggernaut team poised for an SB run. It was only the 2nd yr for Wentz and the rumor that off-season was that they were looking to fire Doug after just 1 season. The coaches and players outdid and outplayed all expectations.

He's either been mediocre or terrible outside of 2017 (before and after), cycled through 3 HCs, and is on 2-3 new franchise QB.

He's good with the cap and they are loaded with picks moving forward but if Hurts falls flat on his face, there will be a new excuse. "Oh he wasn't supposed to be the franchise QB anyway let him select one in 22!" and then if that fails I bet they fire Sirianni and his staff before Howie feels any heat.

Lurie loves Howie and forget about firing him, he has yet to hold him accountable. For anything. They fired Doug and shipped Wentz out. Let's you know where they think the blame should fall.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NFL shouldn't need to be scrambling to find a host for NO/GB. How the NFL does not have a stadium essentially on stand by to host games just in case is beyond me. If they won't let college only stadiums field NFL teams, then just let them play at the field at the hall of fame or any other former NFL city like St. Louis.

Like I said earlier in the thread, they should have a contingency plan for every game. There are only 272 games in the regular season. It wouldn't be difficult to figure out alternatives should there be an unexpected (or expected, as is the case with a hurricane) emergency make it impossible to play in the scheduled stadium.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Can't use my chan joke here because apparently he's banned. Again.

Looks like a star destroyer.

71XLPa30oQL._AC_SX425_.jpg

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

Season is two weeks away and the Steelers are already down two starters, including a pro-bowler.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Lol I liked that they looked for every advantage, lots more in the article including looking at the least desirable and most expensive place to travel from Green Bay šŸ˜‚

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Ertz hated Wentz/Doug confirmed

Ertz and Wentz are best buds.

Ertz never wanted to leave but they didn't want to extend him and he got into it with Howie at the start of last season over his contract and future with the Eagles.

I think this is Ertz having fun with the new coaching staff + realizing his market has all but disappeared, the Eagles won't give him a new deal or more money, and his bet at one last big contract is to ball out this yr (as Hurt's safety valve) and hit FA next yr.

The new coaching staff helping to mend fences. This is what I wanted to see happen with Wentz and the Eagles but Lurie and Howie wanted him out quick.

Say it ain't so Howie

Makes sense. Ertz had no trade market, they can possibly get a late first or early 2nd for Goedert, and out of the two, they know they have to pay Goedert a lot of money if they want to keep him.

If they made this trade, they knew they had Ertz for this season at least.

Wentz season back on!

I think I read he was a close contact for a trainer with the Colts who tested positive. I guess by protocol he doesn't need to be out for long as long as he tests negative. Still idiotic to not get the vaccine. These guys are morons.