Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should go to Lawrence's pro day, you never know if the Jags will fuck up.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Weird season for obvious reasons, and the on field product definitely took a hit as a result.

I wonder if the league will continue allowing more holding, offensive flags were way down this season.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if the Texans didn't even try to shop him out of goodness in their hearts.
Probably more like Watt told them he would run his mouth if they don't release him, lol.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Was his contract that bad that they couldn't even get a late round draft pick for him?

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Easy choice for Houston. Outside 2018, he really hasn't done much over the past five seasons and given his cap number, best option to move on. Use the cap savings on multiple starters.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
As a Jags fan, do you want Lawrence or Watson? I think Houston might take that trade if you give up the #1 pick overall for Watson.

Honestly? Probably Lawrence. I really like Watson, but I've seen QBs after they've had the shit kicked out of them for years.

Also, I think they'd want more than just the #1.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
It'd be fun to see JJ on his home state Packers but he'd probably have to take peanuts as his salary for that to happen.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
As much as I'd love him on the Pats, I think he'll end up in Pittsburgh to team up with his brothers. Even if it's for a lot less money than he would otherwise get.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
The Texan decline reminds me SO much of the Jags decline after the AFC championship game. It's in that AFC South blood. Titans time is comin'

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

All the ESPN guys are convinced that Watson to the Jets is not happening.

Howie please somehow trade for Watson. I'll never question you again.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
As much as I'd love him on the Pats, I think he'll end up in Pittsburgh to team up with his brothers. Even if it's for a lot less money than he would otherwise get.
I mean, does he want to play with his brothers or does he want a ring? I'd guess he wants to chase a championship. I'd guess Buffalo/KC/Tampa/GB will be his top targets

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I don't see JJ Watt on the Steelers at all. No cap and they don't have any chance at a ring. Might not even make the playoffs next year with Old Man Ben, losing half the team and one of the hardest schedules in the NFL. He'd be wise to go to a contender.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean that's nice they did that for him but him having to get tf out of there is still an indictment on the team/organization though.

McNair bought into Easterby's con and now that team is fucked. Easterby has no business being in the position that he's in now.

I feel bad for Deshaun Watson in all of this. He is stuck.

I mean, does he want to play with his brothers or does he want a ring? I'd guess he wants to chase a championship. I'd guess Buffalo/KC/Tampa/GB will be his top targets

I'm not sure he's after a ring. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Always though this Jets talk was weird. Makes sense for the Texans, not for Watson. If he couldn't win with the Texans why would he wanna go to a team like that?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

The Jets have some good vibes right now but they're still a year or two away from potentially being legitimate. If it was year 2 under Saleh and a turnaround was apparent, I'd think Watson would be more intrigued but it's tough to bank on them immediately turning it around.

Seems like a lot of momentum is being generated for Wilson to be drafted by NY..

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Always though this Jets talk was weird. Makes sense for the Texans, not for Watson. If he couldn't win with the Texans why would he wanna go to a team like that?
Fair question but the Jets are a buzzing team right now with a large cap and a ton of draft picks and a new coach that players appear to love. They're actually light years ahead of Houston but yeah, it's tough to assume a 2-14 team will immediately turn it around.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Tons of cap space and even if they gave up the farm, they would still have tons of draft capital. A new coach that everyone likes.