• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for it to go horribly wrong tomorrow but hey at least the chance is still there on the final day.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
100!!

Yay McDavid. Glad he got it first. But it's gonna be cool to see Kucherov get it too. Crazy year for stats.

hutton

Feb 20, 2018
What a sneaky goal by Kaprisov. If he only played consistently good all year the Wild would be a playoff team.

And congrats to McDavid getting his 100th assist. What an amazing achievement.

Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mailloux has been cleared to play by the league. Entitlement, toxicity, heads in the sand and the old boys club wins again.

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm just dumb (highly likely) but I only just found out the Arizona/Utah situation would have Arizona retain the records and history/name of the Coyotes. Basically the Utah team (Yetis?) is being treated as an expansion franchise without an expansion draft, while the Coyotes are just suspended.

Which just furthers what I've been saying about giving the Winnipeg Jets their records back lol.

After reading that Athletic article I like the dealing Gary Bettman ultimately made. No public fight, drawn out legal situation or forcing a sale just a clean break and the owner walks away with a healthy profit (purchased at $300 million, gets a cool billion), while retaining AHL team and rights for 5 years. Which gives Alex Meruelo incentive to get the ball rolling on that arena sooner rather than later. I'm hoping that those right revert back to the NHL after 5 years so proper expansion/reactivation can happen eventually without a protracted legal fight Meruelo.
Looks like some of Utah's arena situation is banking on the 2032 Olympics but a much more acceptable situation compared to Arizona, that and Ryan Smith seems to be well liked in Utah. Also helps that Ryan Smith and company don't need to build everything from scratch although I figure there will be some job cuts due to redundancy and those unwilling to relocate.

Anyway, clean slate for the Yetis(?). Can bank on "first game" and "first season" buzz as a new franchise, while an eventual Coyotes reactivation and benefit from a "return" buzz based on their history. And you could do a lot worse in terms of relocation teams than Arizona who walk in with a ton of draft capital. It helps that the Utah team has so many draft picks coming in they might as well be an expansion franchise, arguably preferable to an expansion franchise.

Of all the ways the Coyotes situation could have played out, clean process overall.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's not going away away but yeah it all rides on this summer and if it lands, it's only paused for 2-3 seasons.

Murelo better put his money where his mouth is. I can't keep hoping Ishbia will save them.
The bigger issue is if he doesn't get any land within that time period how much is he going to gouge a team wanting the Coyotes IP? Or did the NHL have a provision where he has to sale it for a certain price if he doesn't get another team going.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The bigger issue is if he doesn't get any land within that time period how much is he going to gouge a team wanting the Coyotes IP? Or did the NHL have a provision where he has to sale it for a certain price if he doesn't get another team going.

It's contingent and he's giving up his spot on the board. He'll also have to qualify again to be allowed back on the board.

He owns nothing to sell.

hutton

Feb 20, 2018

Tortorella faced a similar situation in 2010 when he coached the Rangers, although he didn't have to pull the goalie. In the last game of the season they met the Flyers where the winners advanced to the playoffs. They lost 2-1 in a shoot out and Philly finished with 88 points to New Yorks 87 points.
Its ironic that he now coaches the same franchise that sent his team golfing that year.

Whatever happens its an insanely exciting end to the season.

I'm rooting for the Pens but I think Washington makes it.

hutton

Feb 20, 2018

View: https://x.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1780224673113837903

Buffalo cleaned house. Wonder who the new coach will be. I always think Woodcroft should be a frontrunner.

I wonder who would be the right coach for the Sabres? Woodcroft or maybe Berube or Gallant? Would any of those three even want to coach in Buffalo?

Not putting Buffalo down in any way (I want them to end their miserable non-playoff streak) but you have to wonder how coaches with some sort of a track record view the organization.

Maybe Babcock? (I'm kidding).

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder who would be the right coach for the Sabres? Woodcroft or maybe Berube or Gallant? Would any of those three even want to coach in Buffalo?

Not putting Buffalo down in any way (I want them to end their miserable non-playoff streak) but you have to wonder how coaches with some sort of a track record view the organization.

Maybe Babcock? (I'm kidding).

If you look at the resume alone, Babcock is probably a good fit for the Sabres. I'm pretty sure Ruff is happy to sit at home and collect money from the Devils but he wouldn't be a bad choice to return. Berube might be the pick. Between this and the Sens job I'd like to think Buffalo would front the cost for whoever they think is the best fit.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
If you look at the resume alone, Babcock is probably a good fit for the Sabres. I'm pretty sure Ruff is happy to sit at home and collect money from the Devils but he wouldn't be a bad choice to return. Berube might be the pick. Between this and the Sens job I'd like to think Buffalo would front the cost for whoever they think is the best fit.
No Babcock, no Ruff. Please.

Tagovailoa

Feb 5, 2023
Only solace I take is the Flyers are fucking inept and Torts is a bag of shit and maybe getting canned.

This Penguins team just has not had a goalie worth a shit since Matt Murray sold his soul to ether the Preds in 2017.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Torts. Already eliminated and did it.

Never rooting for Philly again while he's still coaching that bum ass team.