• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Benning is a figurehead. No question. The Aquilinis have a plan and he's the idiot happy to execute it. One good reason why they don't want a President above Benning and a good reason why they don't want to bring in anyone else despite how bad the Canucks have been since 2015.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Has the presence of minorities around you been bothering you again?
YAGpXPd.png

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they've been bad enough for long enough that they ought to be pretty high by default, right? Even if they were drafting via dart board.
Boeser graduated, Juolevi has disappointed and Petey graduated. Besides Demko any value is coming from the last two drafts and there's still the normal amount of uncertainty there (except for Hughes).

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Hockey soonski, buddies.

So many off season reps, buddy.

Coupla dangles, celebrate the biscuit a little, coupla towies.

Hold my spitter.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are the Kings sitting at 2nd overall?

This. You're getting paid by Sportsnet, try to have some semblance of professionalism.
I think the pretense of 'objectivity' among the pundit class has already been tossed away with the new generation. Guys like Dangle and DGB proudly proclaim their allegiances while opining on the sport.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
This. You're getting paid by Sportsnet, try to have some semblance of professionalism.

I feel like that's exactly what Sportsnet is paying him for. It's also the off-season, there's not much to do.

If you wanna take issue with something, though, Bob McKenzie's pretty much playing drunk online or something. The issue not being the alcohol, but how lame he is doing it lol

Oct 25, 2017
I think the pretense of 'objectivity' among the pundit class has already been tossed away with the new generation. Guys like Dangle and DGB proudly proclaim their allegiances while opining on the sport.
Correct. The new landscape is going to create and reward idiots like Dangle. Not that I'm going to shed tears for the rigid, suited dinosaurs but I didn't ask for this either.

I feel like that's exactly what Sportsnet is paying him for. It's also the off-season, there's not much to do.

If you wanna take issue with something, though, Bob McKenzie's pretty much playing drunk online or something. The issue not being the alcohol, but how lame he is doing it lol
Yeah. His shameless article pleading with Marner is up on Sportsnet for a reason. They want this.

Also I'd like to take issue with both pls

Oct 27, 2017
For all that's been said about the potential political shittyness of Max Domi, him showing up at Pride in Montreal was pretty great.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
People just a heads up but with my current ResetEra contract stalemate I have decided to meet with a forum based in Zurich about posting in their NHL threads exclusively for 1 year.

Conversely I may take out typing insurance and come to the NHL Training Camp thread without a contract and continue to negotiate. I trust this will not be a distraction to the other quality posters here.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to all that talk about Kreider getting traded? Did the Rangers simply forget or something?

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't Davidson know how this works? You name two random dudes to those positions and only later do people realize one is the son of your former AHL teammate and the other one is the nephew of the guy who hired you to your first front office job! Then you get *your* son a job with another team by calling around and finding a old golf buddy who has an open spot as a scout and says your kid can work there for a few years to learn how to be a scout by doing it at the NHL level which means he'll get at least 3 or 4 more chances with other teams even if he's terrible at it.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota hiring Bill Guerin as GM:

Doesn't Davidson know how this works? You name two random dudes to those positions and only later do people realize one is the son of your former AHL teammate and the other one is the nephew of the guy who hired you to your first front office job! Then you get *your* son a job with another team by calling around and finding a old golf buddy who has an open spot as a scout and says your kid can work there for a few years to learn how to be a scout by doing it at the NHL level which means he'll get at least 3 or 4 more chances with other teams even if he's terrible at it.

That nepotism in full display.

Last edited: