calder

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking Christ.

It's funny, thanks to a mild interest in advanced stats and baseball/hockey nerdery I am well aware of how sequencing distorts our impression of events, and I *still* was shocked and dismayed by Tuesday nights results. I *knew* that there was a strong chance Trump would 'look' better than he was for initial vote tallies but it still shocked me. Human beings really are just hard wired to not process certain types of data in a useful way when emotions get involved.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking Christ.

It's funny, thanks to a mild interest in advanced stats and baseball/hockey nerdery I am well aware of how sequencing distorts our impression of events, and I *still* was shocked and dismayed by Tuesday nights results. I *knew* that there was a strong chance Trump would 'look' better than he was for initial vote tallies but it still shocked me. Human beings really are just hard wired to not process certain types of data in a useful way when emotions get involved.

I mean he did end up getting way too many votes. How 70 million people can look at the last four years and go "HELL YEAH I WANT MORE OF THAT" is incomprehensible to me.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I mean he did end up getting way too many votes. How 70 million people can look at the last four years and go "HELL YEAH I WANT MORE OF THAT" is incomprehensible to me.

They just want to see the world burn. They find trump being a brash arrogant demagogue entertaining and endearing for some reason.

The Internet

Jan 27, 2018
FdmwF4.md.jpg

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, I bet that happened because `I` (uppercase i) looks like `l` (lowercase L) in so many fonts.

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as how the NBA announced their season plans, have we had any news or updates regarding the NHL? I deleted pretty much all my social media over the last week so my news dripfeed has basically dried up.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

If this happens.... It is as nice knowing y'all. I don't know if this thread can survive an all-Canadian division.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
To all fans of the other Canadian teams: fuck you. Your team is a joke and your alleged 'fanbase' is like a parody of clueless toxicity. Your coach is a buffoon but that's fine, your owner and GM are absolute clowns and I hope they remain employed for decades. Everyone who has been to your home arena has whispered about that *smell* and your beloved former goon who now calls games for your local TSN/Snet AHL caliber broadcast is a pathetic homer who isn't even good at it.

Still, you're not as bad as the other teams in the Central, so it could be worse I guess.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
As a Rangers fan, I'm bummed that the Lady Liberty jerseys don't have the red sleeves like the originals. The lack of striping makes it look like a practice jersey.

Last edited:

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Stars are the worst ones easily. Leafs and Wings are not great either.

Colorado I think clearly is the best one.

I hate that 'nucks Whale logo (really wish they'd just use the hockey stick), but I do like that jersey a lot.

Rangers could've been better if they went with White cuffs instead of navy. That being said, I like them better than the original Navy liberty jerseys. I thought the amount of red on those was garish. This tones it back. The white liberties are still my favourites though.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I......actually like the Hawks one. Might even buy one.

Most of them are fuckin horrible though. Theres maybe 5 that look decent.

Extra LOL @ Heretic

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The fleurs on the jersey represent our state flower (the columbine), the n on the jersey represents the new age, the new age, welcome to the new age.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Credit to Anaheim and Arizona for fully embracing their past, warts and all. Although a part of me was hoping we'd see all of the 90's third jersey's back in some shape or form.

The Norduqies jersey in the Avs colours is shockingly nice. Also that Kings jersey should be adopted as their official third going forward. It's that good.

Atleast the Canucks improved on the original 3rd from the early 2000's, but it's still a bit of boring choice. Was hoping for the skate logo in current colours, which has always been a dream of mine.

The Leafs, Red Wings and Stars completely shit the bed though, I'd throw the Islanders in there too if they bothered to participate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i've noticed that in the videos for the Chicago Blackhawks one they are trying to cover up the logo.

like look at this

Chicago Hockey Team coming soon?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Kings jersey is perfect they should really go back to that full time. Have a black and silver third jersey.