Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hall chasing the money/betting on himself/hoping to god Covid is gone and the Cap goes up in a year/praying for a productive and injury free season.

Weird as hell move.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a report earlier that said Hall was down to two teams, Bruins and Predators, and I knew immediately it was wrong

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
That Hall signing is weird. I genuinely don't understand it. Does he think he'll get better offers next year if he does extremely well again with an increasing cap? That seems extremely risky - especially if you don't know yet how you'll jive with your linemates/system...

Oct 25, 2017
Vesey!

CluelessAmpleIchidna-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
There was all sorts of speculation that Hall was not a popular teammate in Edmonton. Now he's hopping around to different teams and nobody wants to give him a long term deal. I don't know about that guy.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

He can thank Makar for the raise. Glad Sakic and Graves agreed before arbitration.

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me about why Toffoli is our new savior plz
Really strong possession player so he's good on the ice generally. Good on the PP. Micah Blake McCurdy loves him. Slowing down, though, and exiting his prime which would be my only concern with that contract going into his 30s. But he's good enough that it'll probably draw Red out of hiding.

But yeah honestly hockey people are fucking morons so there's not enough talk about how Benning gave up a lot to get him and then couldn't find the cap space to keep him.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good contract for Toffoli.

The number of available RHD is dwindling. Hamonic and Vatanen seem like the most prominent remaining ones.

The Toews trade looks like a massive steal by the Avs.

Oct 26, 2017
Preds sign the dude who put them out of the playoffs

Either one of Jarnkrok/Sissons is out of here, or Poile is just splurging on bottom-six players since the Preds are obviously going to be in the basement this year.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Avs are getting scary as a team but what is going to happen next year? They need to resign Landeskog, Makar, Saad and Toews needs a contract this year as well.

Still unbelievable that MacKinnon took such a team friendly deal. The dude is making 3M less than Rantanen each year...

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Calvert, Bellemare and Cole all come off the books next year which will account for Landeskog and Makar raises. Cole is replaced by Timmins/Byram on ELCs. Can fill the bottom six with smarter contracts than Calvert and Bellemare. Saad is probably a year long rental but if we want to keep him we could trade Compher or Donskoi. Also expansion is next year so will be losing someone to that.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this forces the rest of the d-men to get sorted out. Maybe the Jets can trade for Schmidt or Weegar