Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Rangers have looked like complete garbage for all of the third period and OT. They'll need a big mistake by Florida to win this.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
That was a good game! Panthers are going to come out like gangbusters for game 4. I predict another good tilt!

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Man, apparently the Stars DJ played La Bamba after they won. Oof. I guess it was an honest mistake, and they weren't aware of the actual significance of the song, so they have since apologized, but daaamn. Not cool bro. Hopefully that fires up the Oilers. For Joey and Ben!!!

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Go PWHL BOSTON! I was at game 2 in Lowell, MA and that goal they took back sucked!!! Happy to see some retribution! 😂

These games are awesome to go to.

Unfortunately Game 5 is sold out. But I'll be watching from home!

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
What's the significance?

Joey Moss was a long time dressing room attendant for the Edmonton Oilers, and the Edmonton Elks (formerly Eskimos), and he was a friend of Wayne Gretzky. Joey was born with downs syndrome, but was always been a bright beacon of light and passion for the Oilers and really just Edmonton in general. He was very much beloved by all in the city, we've even named a school after him. Unfortunately he passed away back in 2020, and as a tribute to him the Oilers play La Bamba after every home victory.

And then on top of all of that, there is Ben Stetler, he was a little 6 year old boy, who was a massive Oilers superfan. He had terminal cancer, but it never seemed to slow him down. He was always a smiling and happy to see the Oilers play, they brought him in to many games and his little catch phrase caught on with everyone. "Play La Bamba Baby!" he would say. A lot of games were dedicated to little Ben when he was around. Great little kid. Unfortunately he passed away in 2022.

So the song really means a lot to the Oilers and to the city of Edmonton.

image.jpg

image-1-3.jpg

I hope the Oilers get to play La Bamba all the way to the Stanley Cup. 🫡

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Joey Moss was a long time dressing room attendant for the Edmonton Oilers, and the Edmonton Elks (formerly Eskimos), and he was a friend of Wayne Gretzky. Joey was born with downs syndrome, but was always been a bright beacon of light and passion for the Oilers and really just Edmonton in general. He was very much beloved by all in the city, we've even named a school after him. Unfortunately he passed away back in 2020, and as a tribute to him the Oilers play La Bamba after every home victory.

And then on top of all of that, there is Ben Stetler, he was a little 6 year old boy, who was a massive Oilers superfan. He had terminal cancer, but it never seemed to slow him down. He was always a smiling and happy to see the Oilers play, they brought him in to many games and his little catch phrase caught on with everyone. "Play La Bamba Baby!" he would say. A lot of games were dedicated to little Ben when he was around. Great little kid. Unfortunately he passed away in 2022.

So the song really means a lot to the Oilers and to the city of Edmonton.

image.jpg

image-1-3.jpg

I hope the Oilers get to play La Bamba all the way to the Stanley Cup. 🫡

Oh wow, thanks for explaining that. Good stuff!

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
lol NHL fining a repeat offender on obvious head hunting.

This decision is actually to help the Panthers tho

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the DOPs used a different angle which makes it look like trouba doesn't lead with his elbow and makes contact with the back when they issued this.

The rangers subreddit being filled with people calling ERod a diver and saying it was embellishing is some wild shit.

Redzap

May 16, 2018
Ok that's two points for the good guys! Unfortunately the Oilers seem to lose a bit of steam after the first period. Hopefully they can keep this pace..

Status
Not open for further replies.