• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do y'all east coasters just never watch west games? Our games are late enough for us here in Edmonton, it's insane if you live out east.
I rarely do, even more rarely now with 3 kids. I commute an hour to work as well, so I'm up at 5am local during the week. I can't be staying up til 2am local watching games and still be a functional human being. I'll make exceptions when it really matters to me (those Habs/Vegas conference finals games in Vegas in 2021 were rough, as was the Raptors championship run in 2019), but generally speaking no, I have no choice but to skip them as a halfway responsible adult.

When I lived in Alberta for a year I felt spoiled though. Habs games were on at 5pm local and the "late" games as I was uses to them being back in the east were at 8pm.

Oct 28, 2017
Burins got away with absolute murder there. Suplex to Matthews. Double penalties missed on Marchand and Bert. But Sammy's gotta have that.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
God I hate the Bruins.

But I also hate the Leafs....🤔

Both lose please, thanks!

The lack of calls that led to a goal was both bullshit, and hilarious. Haha

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
The officiating has missed some calls here, but you can't base your victories or losses on officiating. You have to work for it.

Oct 28, 2017
Keefe getting out coached again. 4th line got stuck in their own zone down a goal. Easily killed a minute fishing the puck out of their side of the net.

Keefe AGAIN?? Had Boston in their zone, 3rd line out there with no offensive dmen. Goalie still in net too with 3 minutes left.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Where would Crosby go? If he's chasing a Cup only a handful of teams would qualify and none currently have the cap space for him. He may end up in a new conference with more travel, live in a new city for months if not years, and uproot his family if he has one.

I think elite veteran players who chase one Cup like Bourque or Iginla are an exception rather than the rule. In their mid 30s with a family and a cabinet of trophies, most players are content to play out their contract and retire on their terms.

Avs LTIR Landeskog's 7M, they can easily take him if they let Drouin walk which he probably will since he'll be asking for a big raise. Landeskog being iffy makes it murky since he's not ruled out to come back next year... but if they were smart they'd LTIR and figure it out after the fact.

That said it's a pipe dream, he's going down with that ship.