Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about the Canes last night, are they normally that chaotic and sloppy? I felt like every time they got in the zone they blasted the puck towards the net rather than setting up control/plays. It's obviously working in some ways, but i feel like NYR have figured it out and the Canes don't seem disciplined/skilled enough to maintain this. Saw lots of bad and sloppy passes, missed pucks down low, lots of pucks immediately bouncing back out for the Rangers to counter. When Jake & Aho got the puck low it felt like plays materialized a lot more versus whatever the hell was going on with all the flinging at the net.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm biased towards Avalanche, but didn't Kucherov carry the Lightning?
Yes. He had 54 points more than the closest player on his team and I'm not convinced Tampa makes the playoffs without him. He also set an NHL single season record for assists by a winger and had the third most points in a season ever by a winger. He should be a shoe in for both Hart and Lindsay, but will win neither because he's an asshole.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Seems silly to not have McDavid after he got 100 assist, and 3rd overall points. But 69 goals is a lot I guess.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
This is a tough hart vote between MacK and Kuch. I give it to Kuch tho as Solo was saying he's kinda prick to the media. At least seemed that way at the ASG in Toronto this year and some interviews.

So my edumacated guess is Hart to MacK and Lindsay to Kuch cause I doubt the players care about that other stuff.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm biased towards Avalanche, but didn't Kucherov carry the Lightning?

he did, but all these players carried their teams to an extent, and i'm biased but nate carried the avs... the argument always goes "well he carried a worse team and dragged them into the playoffs" but that's not really a criteria, it's most valuable and plenty of players added a lot of value to their teams

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
My objective opinion is MacK >>> everyone else and they didn't have to outscore Fourgiev.

Also Kucherov is an empty net merchant that can't play defense. Nate Dogg owns the poverty lightning and I won't be accepting any follow up replies at this time.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Survivor's on... is no one manning clapping bears?

bear-clapping.gif

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Bruins killing themselves here.

Good time to sneak out for Popeyes before the late game!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The previous owner gets to keep all of the Coyote naming and stuff, they're also apparently going to get fast tracked for an expansion team once they build a new arena.

Ryan Smith essentially bought the players and coaching staff and that's really it. It's not a relocation which is the weirdest thing.

Oct 25, 2017

Coyotes are common in Utah, occurring in open deserts, grasslands, forests, urban settings, and other habitats. Because coyotes occasionally kills pets, livestock, and young game animals, they are often considered to be pests.

First result on Google but isn't there an agreement with the ex-owner that if he gets an arena and gets an expansion team he gets to keep all the Arizona Coyotes history?
Also, even if there weren't any Coyotes and they wanted to keep the name it wouldn't matter, remember that the NBA team is the JAZZ which Utah is well known for /s

Oct 25, 2017
Boston are such bad losers

Imagine if the NHL suspended dumb players for this in the playoffs like they may in the regular season :p

Boston only has 13 shots?!?!