Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Seemed like they thought they could clamp down for 20min and win 1-0. They need to wake the hell up fast now.
I mean it feels like they are leaving everything to Shesterkin and he is having to carry the whole team on his back.

Edit: Geez I wasn't even paying attention and they score again.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
These are probably the two best teams in the league right now, so yeah, this can easily go any way each game, as we've seen with the 1 goal differential. Neither team can rest until it's over.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
With how bad the canes pp had been why don't they just run their normal lines. It couldn't be worse.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
GNgJrx8aQAA0xif

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, while it was a great shot, that single shorthanded goal was really set up by the Carolina back linesman falling on his face on his own. Nothing looked clean for the Rangers, and honestly I'd say Carolina has some serious momentum right now.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yea this series is over. It would take a herculean effort from Mackinnon and co to make this happen.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, bye Avs

Actually going to be a really fun final 4 for once. Panthers, Canes, Stars, Western Conference Finalist, nice mix of teams

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020

View: https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1790386613731922156

Oilers moving off Skinner, starting Pickard. Probably the craziest playoffs for goalies I've ever seen.

I hope Pickard can step up and give us a little more stability. He doesn't even need to be exceptional, just solid.

I'm not as down on Skinner as some, and this kind of pressure can crack anyone, but the Canucks have done a good job exposing and exploiting his weaknesses during this series.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just talking out my ass here but I want to imagine Pickard wins tonight, Canucks come out hard in game 5 and chase Pickard out in Van. Just for a Skinner anime return to battle the also returning Thatcher Demko. Skinner can be the hero and take games 6 and 7 from Demko. Vancouver fans can't even be upset because of the perfect redemption arc.

Also Sammy Gagner gets the game winner in OT in game 7. 🤞

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
The one thing I'm looking for during tonight's Bruins/Panthers game is how many refs are just freeskating while on their phones scrolling FanDuel. O/U 1.5

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Pickard vs Silovs in the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs. Just like we all expected back in October.

Shots on net?

Tbh not sure what his weaknesses are. The Canucks goals have been fairly different and most of them where he didn't have much chance.
He's a heavy boy, he doesn't move to well around the net laterally and is slow to his feet. He's not the best at tracking pucks in traffic. When he loses his confidence he doesn't get out to challenge as much, sits deeper in his net, look like a guy just hoping the pucks hit him. no confidence :(

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
If Game 3 is any indication, Skinner's main weakness is when his defense lets Vancouver's best goal scorer have the puck uncontested in the slot.

Oct 25, 2017
He's a heavy boy, he doesn't move to well around the net laterally and is slow to his feet. He's not the best at tracking pucks in traffic. When he loses his confidence he doesn't get out to challenge as much, sits deeper in his net, look like a guy just hoping the pucks hit him. no confidence :(

If Game 3 is any indication, Skinner's main weakness is when his defense lets Vancouver's best goal scorer have the puck uncontested in the slot.

Yessir, it would also help if anyone other than mcdraiman/ekbouche could pot a goal or 2
Just gonna nod to all of this.

Feeling pretty bitter about the officiating and specifically the selective fines/suspensions, but that can only melt away with a win tonight so hopefully Pickard shits the bed.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just talking out my ass here but I want to imagine Pickard wins tonight, Canucks come out hard in game 5 and chase Pickard out in Van. Just for a Skinner anime return to battle the also returning Thatcher Demko. Skinner can be the hero and take games 6 and 7 from Demko. Vancouver fans can't even be upset because of the perfect redemption arc.

Also Sammy Gagner gets the game winner in OT in game 7. 🤞
I like how Oilers fans have at least gone from Oilers in 4 and sweeping to Oilers in 7 :) that's RESPECT!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've never sideyed refs so hard
No call on the punch to Marchand's head back in Game 3.
No overturn of the clear interference on the tying goal in Game 4.
All of those 3rd period interference calls late in Game 4... and then two questionable penalties to kick off the game tonight.

Seems par for the course in recent history of the Bs versus sunshine state playoff squads, honestly.