• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So, while we're on the topic....

Below are some idea I've gotten for the OT title....

|OT| An Un-familiar Kingdom
|OT| HD Town Building
|OT| Sky Pirates, World Map, and Dragons
|OT| A Higgledy-Piggledy Collection
|OT| The King and I
|OT| The Song of Roland

Anyone else with any ideas?

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

|OT| HD Town Building
|OT| The King and I
|OT| The Song of Roland

2i no Kuni |OT| 2o Kuni for Old Men
You're welcome.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017

|OT| HD Town Building
|OT| The King and I
|OT| The Song of Roland

|OT| Ding Dong Delicious
|OT| Tidy, mun!
|OT| Roland On the River
|OT| Higgledies for Days

....in the last minute or so I've learned I am not very good at this.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
so dont buy the sequel lol

The first one , for me, is the last GREAT JRPG Ive played. Once you got past the first couple of hours, the game was great. And the combat system is much better in 2.
I played it for 25 hours before giving up, the story is boring, tha characters are too much stereotyped and the combat system is too classical, it's just a bad game. The art style is cool, though.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018

|OT| HD Town Building
|OT| The King and I
|OT| The Song of Roland

|OT| King And Lionheart
I like that song

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
|OT| Kingdom on Clay , cause of Roland Garros, get it? no?
|OT| Wrath of the Rats

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Really want this on PC.

Desperately hoping it's a good port and will support 60fps+.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
|OT| Cat Quest

Anyway, I like an un-familiar kingdom the best, but maybe change it to un-familiar tale or something so that we don't have another kingdom after revenant kingdom. Just a suggestion.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Best thing about NNK1 was the world map. I hope they bring it back.

Other than that, I really hope they make a better effort with the writing. NNK1 was a Ghibli-esque premise with the most absurdly generic JRPG trope writing once things got going.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I just preordered on PSN which might have been stupid, but my wife wanted the preorder bonuses. The only thing I disliked about the first was the combat, so if it's as good in 2 as the trailers make it look, we're in for a treat!

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The King and I is very classy, i like it.

If i were to go for something funnier, i'd say:
|OT| Un-familiar creatures

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Been looking forward to this since its original release date of November 2017. Never played the original, but the art style is simply amazing. Kinda wish it came out on Switch actually.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
It's weird, I was still under the assumption this was coming to Xbox One as well and was dying to see how it'd look on the One X. Now I'm torn between getting it on PC now or waiting until I eventually snuff out my Monster Hunter fire and getting it then.

Flarin

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one that doesn't like the new chibi art style for the Kingdom and Skirmish battles? That's also the art style on the world map. Why change what worked so well in the original? It was just scaled down versions of your normal characters.
It looks like these new modes are quite prominent throughout the game and I'd hate if they took any time away from the main, gorgeous Ghibli-inspired look.
I'm hoping this will grow on me, but so far I think that looks so ugly in contrast to the normal style.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
You guys, I'm really pumped for this game. like many of you, been craving a solid modern JRPG. See ya'll in the official thread soon!

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Am I the only one that doesn't like the new chibi art style for the Kingdom and Skirmish battles? That's also the art style on the world map. Why change what worked so well in the original? It was just scaled down versions of your normal characters.
It looks like these new modes are quite prominent throughout the game and I'd hate if they took any time away from the main, gorgeous Ghibli-inspired look.
I'm hoping this will grow on me, but so far I think that looks so ugly in contrast to the normal style.
The answer to "Am I the only one?" Is always no. NBD to me, just wanna play the game.