Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fcr6GrmXkAE2wbu

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm burned out on these since playing them on PlayStation and Switch but enjoy Xbox players! The first one is an amazing JRPG, and the second is pretty good once you get used to the town building.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
YaaaaaaaaaS šŸ„³

I have been wanting to play the second game for a long time. I will gladly wait a little more.

Amazing stream so far.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
YES, I haven't played this since the great ps3 game. Diwnloading asap.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really had no idea this wasn't even on Xbox. Thought NNK2 was multiplat

AngelL0ls

Oct 28, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Glad Xbox only gamers get to finally play this gem of a game that I played and platinumed way back on the PS3 and then again when the remaster was done for the PS4.
It's a great little game and so much fun.

The second one is also a very fun adventure too :)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
At least more people can play the first game. The second one is an easier skip.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Amazing games.

Also, don't skip NNK2. It's a great game just not as good as the first one.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap awesome! The first one was great (if a little long) and I still haven't gotten to the second one. Hopefully it comes in the very early parts of 2023.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Holy hell, how anyone is supposed to be able to play all those games?
Currently playing AC Valhalla because of the free Uplay+ month, and to be able to complete it in 30 days means I need to not touch other games at all.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
NNK II is also great. The battle is snappy, maybe too easy at the start, like 1 - 2 hits to kill an enemy, but at some point it becomes harder.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I really should get back to the first NNK. Hope you folks on Xbox enjoy your time with it, the art direction is incredible!

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Ah shit man, amazing. I don't know whether to have this or Switch version though.

Ā£20 for a physical copy on Switch, so I could be swayed over there.

venom slime

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
The first game is lovely. Don't know if I have it in me to experience it again, but I'm really happy more people will get to play it.

Never played the 2nd one! Looking forward to that.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
True Fantasy Online Live resurrection in 3... 2... 1...
That would be the most hype news to me in quite some time. If only it would happen :p.

OT: First game was great, but didn't care too much for the 2nd. Awesome that the first one is available "today" on Game Pass! Still waiting for the store to refresh so we can download it. lol

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
That would be the most hype news to me in quite some time. If only it would happen :p.

OT: First game was great, but didn't care too much for the 2nd. Awesome that the first one is available "today" on Game Pass! Still waiting for the store to refresh so we can download it. lol

Heh, I've found the first game quite terrible and left it unfinished on PS3. :(

Very BAD rhytmn, it bored me a lot.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Ah shit man, amazing. I don't know whether to have this or Switch version though.

Ā£20 for a physical copy on Switch, so I could be swayed over there.

I may be mistaken as it's been a long time but the switch version iirc is a lot more of a straight port over a remaster compared to the Xbox and PlayStation versions of the first game here. I can't remember the exact details but I remember people mentioning back around launch that it was basically just a port and not so much a remaster compared to the other home consoles. That may be an issue for you or not but just some information in case it matters.

Anyway looking forward to playing this on my series x after starting on ps3 and never finishing it

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Well, actually I liked the art-style but I know nothing about its gameplay. I guess that today True Fantasy Live Online would be lost in a sea of similar games. Its time-slot is lost.
Yeah they would have to probly do a lot to make it stand out, you're right. Oh well :/.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I still have an unopened PS3 CE from waaay back when. Would the spellbook from that be useful? (I'm assuming all the actual information is now in-game, but it still might be nice to have a physical spellbook present unless they've removed the very *concept* from the game)

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Does this remastered version have any QoL improvements over the original or is it all visual enhancements?

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
I still have an unopened PS3 CE from waaay back when. Would the spellbook from that be useful? (I'm assuming all the actual information is now in-game, but it still might be nice to have a physical spellbook present unless they've removed the very *concept* from the game)

Find a digital copy on the interwebs. Don't open your Wizard Edition for the spellbook, lol.

I never used it when I played back on PS3 to answer that question, but it's probably helpful if you refuse to use other information available online.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I may be mistaken as it's been a long time but the switch version iirc is a lot more of a straight port over a remaster compared to the Xbox and PlayStation versions of the first game here. I can't remember the exact details but I remember people mentioning back around launch that it was basically just a port and not so much a remaster compared to the other home consoles. That may be an issue for you or not but just some information in case it matters.

Anyway looking forward to playing this on my series x after starting on ps3 and never finishing it

There's something about jRPGs and being able to have them on the go, or just sat on the sofa with the TV on. I tend to funnel them onto Switch instead unless the experience really is not up to scratch. It's like I'd continue playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Switch rather than on XB, same for FFX, FFXII. For me, certain types of game suit specific platforms. I do feel I need to make headway on my Switch catalogue for a bit now though, I've been so heavy on Gamepass this year!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I've passed on this a million times over the years, even when the price was super low, so I'm happy I'll be able to finally play it now.