• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Ever since playing the OG on PS3, my mission has been to make the poor unsuspecting people that want to play this game aware of how utterly garbage the party AI is. You'll walk into the harder fights with a sense of dread, just not for the reasons you'd expect.

I never thought I'd curse so much at characters that look straight from a Ghibli movie.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow wasn't expecting this. Always thought this game looked neat but never had a PS3 to play it on when it was released. Will definitely have to give it a go.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
I mean if you don't waiting for games (I myself don't) I'm noticing a lot of games that usually only come out on PlayStation (bar first party titles) eventually find their way to gamepass. It's a pretty good deal

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
There's something about jRPGs and being able to have them on the go, or just sat on the sofa with the TV on. I tend to funnel them onto Switch instead unless the experience really is not up to scratch. It's like I'd continue playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Switch rather than on XB, same for FFX, FFXII. For me, certain types of game suit specific platforms. I do feel I need to make headway on my Switch catalogue for a bit now though, I've been so heavy on Gamepass this year!

Oh absolutely I get that. I do the same for a lot of them as long as the performance isn't absolutely atrocious then switch is a great way to play these kinds of games

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I only got so far on the original: to some really hard boss fight just as you get the boat, so I'll definitely give this a go here.

Oct 30, 2017
The first game was a big meh from me, but I really enjoyed the second game.

ni no kuni 2 rules, the hate for it on this forum is insanely overblown.

the story is admittedly ridiculous but the world is beautiful, the city-building stuff is neat and the battle system is about three million times better than the original.

It is interesting because there is no mention of it releasing on Game Pass in the trailer.

it says 配信予定 (planned for downloadability) instead of 発売予定 (planned to go on sale) which makes me think it's game pass. can't be certain though, sometimes 配信s are 発売ed (and you'd have to be able to buy it too if it did come to game pass anyway).

Last edited:

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
ni no kuni is great, its artstyle, music and story are all super lovely, on the other hand gameplay is not that great sadly. ni no kuni 2 fixes that but the story is way worse.

Sangral