• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/28/nicksplat-streaming-service/

Beloved series like AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, CatDog, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, and The Wild Thornberrys are now available on NickSplat, a new streaming video on-demand channel from VRV and Nickelodeon.

The NickSplat streaming channel features a selection of nearly 30 of the network's most popular nostalgic shows, including All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Clarissa Explains It All, Kenan & Kel, and Legends of the Hidden Temple, among others, with additional series to be added at a later date.

NickSplat can be purchased for $5.99 per month, and will be included in the VRV premium bundle for $9.99 per month.

Fans can visit the NickSplat channel guide to find the latest episodes available by visiting vrv.co/nicksplatguide. They can also watch NickSplat on VRV now by heading over to www.vrv.co or downloading the app on Xbox One, PS4, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, and on Android and iOS.

VRV is Crunchyroll's new service.

I am a bit surprised, it seems like Viacom is finally starting to get with the times with Cyma Zarghami gone. This was what everyone though The Splat was when The 90s Are All That block rebranded back in 2015.

That said, the launch content isn't all that I want. No complete series and heavy hitters like Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and SpongeBob aren't there (though they are on Hulu and Amazon). But if they keep their promise of expanding content $5.99/mo is a pretty good deal, especially because this includes content that previously has been hard to come by like Hey Dude, KaBlam, Nick Arcade, Salute Your Shorts, and Legends of the Hidden Temple.

Krejlooc I'm sure you'll be interested.

https://vimeo.com/286922548

Last edited:

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
oh that's neat, something having for a month or two at a time

they should put the new Double Dare on there, I haven't seen it yet(don't get Nickelodeon) and I don't think it's on a streaming service.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
DlsWMrXXgAEKplq.jpg
DlsWMsbXsAEZnmo.jpg

Well, I was thinking about canceling VRV at the end of my billing cycle, but I'm not anymore
looks like it's the first 10 episodes of the gameshows- as long as they continue to fill this out, it will be incredible

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
CatDog Season 1
All That Season 2
Legends of the Hidden Temple Season 1
The Angry Beavers Season 1
Kablam Season 1

Why do they only have one or two seasons?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Does the $10 bundle give you this, Crunchy Roll, and Shudder, among others?

When Castle Rock wraps up, I'll switch over to this I think from Hulu.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, first 10 episodes

No :(

All Shows:
Ahhh Real mosnsters
All That
Are you afraid of the Dark
Catdog
Chalkzone (???)
Clarissa Explains it all
Double Dare 2000
Doug
Guts
Hey Dude
Kablam
Kenan and Kel
Legends of the hidden temple (show and movie)
Nick Arcade
Rocko's Modern Life
Salute your Shorts
Amanda Show
Angry Bevers
Mystery Files of Shelby Woo
Wild Thornberrys

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Cool that this is added to my premium bundle. I loved these shows as a kid.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I was expecting it to mostly be stuff already released on DVD but there is some unique stuff on there. Neat.

I'd really like to see some pre 1990 stuff.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CatDog Season 1
All That Season 2
Kablam Season 1

They seem to be rolling out content on some sort of schedule. Many shows do have rights issues, especially if they included licensed music like Pete & Pete.

The extensive licensed music used in the show makes it really hard to get it out.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Going to be a part of the 10 bundle? Holy crap I'm loving VRV more and more every day.

Just last week I saw they had Freakazoid and have been watching it with the kids.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
CatDog Season 1
All That Season 2
Kablam Season 1

Seems like an intro primer to start the service while they roll out more content on a schedule, not that bad of an idea. Especially with stuff like Legends of the Hidden Temple even having a full season available immediately, which has been requested for a long time

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
They have Nickelodeon's Doug... Not even Nickelodeon could show Nickelodeon's Doug on their classic channel because of Disney owning it.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
honestly Disney should sell Doug back to Nick, at least Nick would do something with the characters, unlike Disney who is fine with leaving them locked in a vault somewhere.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking what?! They made a movie out of Legends of the Hidden temple?!

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'm going to need the full suite of nicktoons before I bite, even at $6. I agree with the ones you listed as MIA.

Hopefully they have plans to expand the selection and not rotate out shows like the other services seem to love doing.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
VRV is now fully owned by AT&T which makes the debut of this new Viacom service on this particular platform somewhat interesting.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
That's a steep price.

Nearly every one of the channels by themselves are $6. But the $10 premium service contains most and is getting to be a pretty insane amount of content. The fact that it contains the entire Crunchyroll anime and manga libraries, funimation, Channel Frederator, etc etc means the service was already pretty huge for animation fans. Then there is a ton of non animated content I couldn't even try to list.

Yeah I wouldn't get the service just for old Nickelodeon stuff, but I've honestly spent more time on VRV then I did on Netflix and Hulu personally.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nearly every one of the channels by themselves are $6. But the $10 premium service contains most and is getting to be a pretty insane amount of content. The fact that it contains the entire Crunchyroll anime and manga libraries, funimation, Channel Frederator, etc etc means the service was already pretty huge for animation fans. Then there is a ton of non animated content I couldn't even try to list.

Yeah I wouldn't get the service just for old Nickelodeon stuff, but I've honestly spent more time on VRV then I did on Netflix and Hulu personally.
Ah, didn't realize it was more than just nickelodian stuff.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super in it for Guts and Kablam. Wait, if I have a crunchyroll sub already, do I have this?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Holy cow, VRV is such a good deal and gets better all the time. Honestly, with how much I like animation it's probably my favorite streaming service.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
This is something I'll check out later once they fill out their library a bit more. Should be a fun time to check some of that stuff out again.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is great. VRV for $10 for all that content is becoming an insane value. So much so that I'm worried they'll hike the price or kill off some stuff sooner or later.