• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1268074176626168/
12504728_217191888828780_2592884435338657792_n.jpg

The Humanity Bureau VR Movie App is a custom themed multi format movie experience app. You'll be invited to the VR episodic premiere of The Humanity Bureau VR featuring Academy Award winner Nicolas Cage. You'll be teleported and immersed into the exclusive The Humanity Bureau VR movie lounge to enjoy rich selection of content: The Humanity Bureau VR cinematic experience in 7 episodes, bonus material from behind the scenes and making of, the feature film movie trailers, Standard 2D, Barco Escape formats and on Earth Day 2018 you will get the full feature length movie in Standard 2D and the unique and very special Barco Escape (3-screen) format version that will revolutionize the future of cinema.

Have to admit, I'm kind of curious about this in a 90's Digital Pictures Sega CD kind of way.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Why doesn't he just do TV instead of shoveling out crap movies and stuff like this? He can be on a respectable emmy winning show. Many big academy award winning actors are doing shows now because of it... even reignited some careers in the process.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When was the exact moment that Nicholas Cage went from respected Hollywood actor to... what he is now?

Edit: Regardless, I'm kinda curious to see how this turns out.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't he just do TV instead of shoveling out crap movies and stuff like this? He can be on a respectable emmy winning show. Many big academy award winning actors are doing shows now because of it... even reignited some careers in the process.
Or just play up to the memes and what he is known for. Make more National Treasures and stuff like that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Money. He's been in an astounding amount of debt since the GFC. Guy still puts out the occasional great performance to remind you he's a super talented actor, but yeah, if you meet his rate and send him your script, he'll do your movie.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Man, he really will film anything for a paycheck. I'm actually curious to see how it turns out.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
This is really cool. Even though most movies he is in lately are completely horrible, Ill watch this for sure. I own an oculus and wish there was more media out there like this.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Work addiction, he just can't stop and I think he signs the line on anything!

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and deep fakes, he's at the forefront of every major technological innovation in the medium.

Visionary

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
Has any actor managed to elevate themselves above a meme quarry as deep as Mr. Cage is in? There are times when I think that he is doomed to be fodder for funny/mildly disturbing internet pictures.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I hope he manages another academy award before all is said and done.
Despite the stuff he's been doing as of late (His indie circuit stuff has been pretty good still)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Now you too can watch Nicolas Cage scream at the top of his lungs like a lunatic before your very eyes.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was about to say, his acting is actually pretty decent in this.
When's he's being directed properly, he's one of the greatest talents in Hollywood. His work on films like Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, Raising Arizona etc is as good anything you'll see from any actor.

He does have a natural inclination towards quirkiness and overacting though, and he has done lots of shitty movies lately to pay the bills. But he did do Joe fairly recently, which was one of his best performances in years. He's still got it, he just needs a good director (Tarantino?) to bring out the best in him.

God, I'd love a Tarantino/Cage collaboration. That would be incredible.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
They should have used Mom and Dad, at least there you are getting unapologetic pulp schlock Cage in your face with a handful of fun set pieces.

This film is unironically bad, I saw it awhile ago.

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Has any actor managed to elevate themselves above a meme quarry as deep as Mr. Cage is in? There are times when I think that he is doomed to be fodder for funny/mildly disturbing internet pictures.
This, I can't think of any other actor that had this descending curve, what a waste :/

p.s. yeah, the trailer is hilariously bad, but not Nic, he still believe in what he do!

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Why the heck does Cage look so weird in promo material images anymore? He still looks like Cage for the most part in actual film, but the various cover art and other images I've seen the last couple of years make him look almost like someone else.