DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo/status/1790351413350142299
Nicolas Cage will once again play Spider-Man Noir, but this time in a live-action series.

Cage is set to star in the live-action show "Noir," which has been ordered to series at MGM+ and Amazon Prime Video. The series will debut domestically on MGM+'s linear channel followed by a global launch on Prime Video. Variety exclusively reported the series was in development February 2023, though Cage was not attached at that time.
"Expanding the Marvel universe with 'Noir' is a uniquely special opportunity and we are honored to bring this series to our global Prime Video customers," said Vernon Sanders, head of television for Amazon MGM Studios. "The extremely talented Nicolas Cage is an ideal choice for our new superhero and the accomplished producing team with Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Amy Pascal, and the incredible team at Sony is dedicated to expanding this franchise in the most authentic way."
Cage previously played Spider-Man Noir in the Academy Award-winning animated film "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse." This will be the first time the character has been portrayed in a live-action project. Per the official logline, "Noir" will tell the story "of an aging and down on his luck private investigator (Cage) in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city's one and only superhero."
variety.com

Nicolas Cage to Star in Spider-Man Noir Live-Action Series at MGM+, Amazon Prime Video

Nicolas Cage will once again play Spider-Man Noir, but this time in a live-action series at Amazon

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not. Cage is always at his best when he's invested and having fun doing weird shit. As long as the visual style is DEEPLY striking, go for it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sin City already nailed the visuals so they just gotta ape that. Make it lighter, comedic, campy / tongue-in-cheek, yet "hard boiled" and this could be very fun. A fully-committed Cage is always a good time.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Even though I think Spider-Man is being run into the ground, I can suspend my cynicism for this. Tbh they would be stupid not to do it.

There is not a single actor who understands the assignment more than Nic Cage. Even in terrible movies, he knows what's expected of him and commits to the bit 110%.
I watched that Renfield movie a few weeks ago, it was bizarre, it was basically a 1/10 when Cage was offscreen and a 9/10 when he was onscreen. Its a pity he wasn't onscreen for nearly long enough.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Fantastic! Hope it gets the budget and creativity it deserves as a project!

So he played Superman, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man now in live action. Who's next?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'll get excited when I see actual progress on this project. Silk has been in dev hell too long for my liking.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, didn't know I wanted it until now.

Feels weird this show is on Prime and not D+

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I love this time-line. Nick Cage didn't get to be Superman so at the age of 60 he's cast as Spider-Man instead. Love it!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
DhdM4voV4AAzNk8.jpg

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Per the official logline, "Noir" will tell the story "of an aging and down on his luck private investigator (Cage) in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city's one and only superhero."

So it's actially post retirement Spider-Man Noir. Sounds interesting, more interesting than a straightforward adaption anyway.

Bengraven