No one has died

Day 6 Begins

Vote tool:

Day 6 Ends In:
ncnaexzque

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hedin has to be fuming after that card blew up in his face the moment he played it. The good news is, with nobody getting killed overnight, he's the only one being punished.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I was pretty sad to see that flip yesterday, but TBH I knew it was a good possibility. Just an unfortunate use of a town power.

I also wonder if it's at all possible that I prevented the night kill from happening.

I take it you targetted the healing power again?

My PoE today is Neki, Neon, and Cheshire.

include yourself and I'm working with the same thing lol

I wouldn't want to discount anybody at this point, and I'm not sure about either of you. I would agree especially about Neki and Cheshire ... and Neon too. Those handwritten notes really made me town read him, but I could be putting way too much stock in something mafia could easily cook up if they wanted to.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
So last night I used the "unknown" command and had whoever has that power target Stan.
Food for thought. Dunno.

Wait, so you think that the unknown power was the mafia kill shot? If so, that would raise serious concerns about Stan, since I don't see why mafia would have an issue with being forced to kill a town doctor. But if Stan is mafia, that means there are two scum doctors and no town doctors, since nobody has counter claimed. Pretty unlikely.

Why did you choose that use of your power?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't mind being flipped sooner rather than later. I have a terrible track record in melo, regardless of me being the voter or votee.

I'm not discounting the other 6 people I didn't list but they will come later (and scum will resolve some of those spots as well).

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, unknown is just that, unknown. don't think it'd be too useful to theorize about possible theories when it might lead us to just going after a townie. Stan's defense of Monkey was decidedly from a town perspective. I feel ok clearing him.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wait, so you think that the unknown power was the mafia kill shot? If so, that would raise serious concerns about Stan, since I don't see why mafia would have an issue with being forced to kill a town doctor. But if Stan is mafia, that means there are two scum doctors and no town doctors, since nobody has counter claimed. Pretty unlikely.

Why did you choose that use of your power?
Curiosity, more than anything else. We're getting down to the wire here, and I'd be remiss if I didn't use it at least once.
As for the first question, no, I don't think it was the mafia kill shot. I think it was whatever the last mafia member's power role is, because the one restriction to my power is that I can't use the same command twice in a row.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
We'll have to wait and see if Stan claims any use of a power on him that he noticed, and if he is willing to share who he protected. At this point, I would have to town-read the person that Stan protected, if he managed to find a machine. I don't think EC's power use can have prevented the kill.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
gonna put my vote here for now

NeonBorealis

I've really not liked his play the last few days. Gonna do an ISO, see if it holds up.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly my bad about the no vote yesterday, i meant yo be on before days end but had a busy morning. I probably would have landed on hedin anyway so ehh.

Second, i protected EC last night, no sign of interference nor a 'not a machine' lable so yeah i think i saved EC.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Firstly my bad about the no vote yesterday, i meant yo be on before days end but had a busy morning. I probably would have landed on hedin anyway so ehh.

Second, i protected EC last night, no sign of interference nor a 'not a machine' lable so yeah i think i saved EC.
lol, the first game where I don't have a reason to kill EC now

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I think thats the first time iv ever actually utilized a doctor role, in this of all games.
What a time to be alive

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020

I believe you, at this point. To me, both Stan and EC are almost certainly town after this reveal.

I think thats the first time iv ever actually utilized a doctor role, in this of all games.
What a time to be alive

I wonder if it would be helpful for more machines to claim? I already have.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm just had a thought.

Do town aligned JOATs have redundant abilities?

Sneeks had a 1 shot track. Isn't that redundant with Maol who is a claimed 2 shot tracker? Why have two town PRs with the same role?

There's also Maol getting no result with c4 on N1. C4 claims he moved to kill Sorian. It's kind of a mess in terms of refunds and whether no movement is the same as no result, which makes me wonder if Maol made it up. Maybe cross reference with Neon's track result on Neki?

I should also mention the track item from jman but that could go to scum so it's exactly redundant.

And then there's EC's list. Yes we don't know what the listed abilities do and some may be red herrings, but "track" isn't on the list. Again, may be a purposeful choice to exclude the town tracker but it's something to think about.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Hmm just had a thought.

Do town aligned JOATs have redundant abilities?

Sneeks had a 1 shot track. Isn't that redundant with Maol who is a claimed 2 shot tracker? Why have two town PRs with the same role?

There's also Maol getting no result with c4 on N1. C4 claims he moved to kill Sorian. It's kind of a mess in terms of refunds and whether no movement is the same as no result, which makes me wonder if Maol made it up. Maybe cross reference with Neon's track result on Neki?

I should also mention the track item from jman but that could go to scum so it's exactly redundant.

And then there's EC's list. Yes we don't know what the listed abilities do and some may be red herrings, but "track" isn't on the list. Again, may be a purposeful choice to exclude the town tracker but it's something to think about.

"Tracker" would fall under the investigative umbrella. The tracking item went to me from jman.

Just clearing that up.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Surprisingly low amount of movement right now.

Anyways. I'll continue to analyze posts to look for possible teams.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
More people should get their votes and reads down. It only benefits scum to not have that down so we know where our baselines are.

For the record, my town reads are Thorny, Zeke, Stan and EC.

My PoE basically covers everyone else, with a particular focus on Neon, LP, and Cheshire.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Sure!

Night 1 -|- Protect HPSauce
Night 2 -|- Investigate Neki
Night 3 -|- Support Maolfunction
Night 4 -|- Protect Hawthorn
Night 5 -|- Unknown Stan

Night 1 -|- Protect HPSauce - Stan claimed
Night 3 -|- Support Maolfunction - Neki claimed
Night 4 -|- Protect Hawthorn - Stan claimed
Night 5 -|- Unknown Stan

Here it is with the claims, for easier analysis.

Looking at it like this, I feel concerned about Neki's support action. He said that he chose the block N3, but noone has claimed to be affected by Neki's action on other nights. Support is a broad category, but I would think that people would have to be notified of a possible buff in order to use it? Could this be a scum support power?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Night 1 -|- Protect HPSauce - Stan claimed
Night 3 -|- Support Maolfunction - Neki claimed
Night 4 -|- Protect Hawthorn - Stan claimed
Night 5 -|- Unknown Stan

Here it is with the claims, for easier analysis.

Looking at it like this, I feel concerned about Neki's support action. He said that he chose the block N3, but noone has claimed to be affected by Neki's action on other nights. Support is a broad category, but I would think that people would have to be notified of a possible buff in order to use it? Could this be a scum support power?
Entirely possible considering the Even Team had a support role. Hard to say for certain. I would like to hear Neki's thoughts about the overall game state though.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
More people should get their votes and reads down. It only benefits scum to not have that down so we know where our baselines are.

For the record, my town reads are Thorny, Zeke, Stan and EC.

My PoE basically covers everyone else, with a particular focus on Neon, LP, and Cheshire.

I continue to town read Stan, EC, Zeke, and Ephi. Cheshire after a reread seems relatively town to me -- I still have her in my PoE but wouldn't go for her today. That means I have Neon, Neki, Maol, and LP to look at today. I would say that I suspect Neki the most of them so far.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
EC and Stan are mostly cleared for me in terms of claimed roles and actions. Stan for claiming doctor and EC for being his protection target on a deathless night.

Zeke and Hawthorn I town read but because of the way this game has gone I'm not giving them a full pass yet.

I'll put Maol and Neki together: could go either way on them.

Neon and Cheshire are my unknowns and where I will look today.