KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why would 'modern Star Wars' be factored when two of the three guests appeared on the original trilogy

Reminder that "Modern Star Wars" at the time was the Prequel Trilogy, with Revenge of the Sith coming out 3 years earlier, with Yoda's Design being based on his Attack of the Clones/Revenge of the Sith design.

And The Apprentice/Starkiller was from a game that wasn't even out yet.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
God damn it why did I plan to go to PGW today and not yesterday, missed Taro, Kayane and this annoucement :(

A lot of people here saying 2B was coming had me believe it wouldn't happen lol, this is a perfect guest character imo, love 2B. Plus new stage and music From Automata ? We're blessed !

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Doesn't really make sense but I love Nier Automata and 2B so I don't care. Yes that makes me a hypocrite for railing against the Star Wars characters for so many years.

I'm curious as to why 2B is being so well received compared to the Star Wars characters, given how both are from immersion breaking sci fi universes
I can only speak for myself but it's because Star Wars sucks and Nier Automata is fucking rad.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Real Talk. If you complain about any guest character "not fitting". You're kinda missing the whole point of a guest character.

Guest characters are meant to illicit those fun school ground fantasies. Like some of the talk in here has reached a point where even crossover IPs shouldn't exist and that's just absurd.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Real Talk. If you complain about any guest character "not fitting". You're kinda missing the whole point of a guest character.

Guest characters are meant to illicit those fun school ground fantasies. Like some of the talk in here has reached a point where even crossover IPs shouldn't exist and that's just absurd.
The case maybe with Neegan for Tekken 7 but even that case is more of a odd choice than character who should not come to tekken 7.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Put any character in a fighting game if it's going to make people that might not buy the game, or that are on the fence about buying the game, make the leap. I don't care who it is. I don't care if they don't fit. It doesn't matter. More money toward a game I like is better than less money toward a game I like.

Oct 25, 2017
YakuzaKiwami2Smokerain.gif
Save him for Tekken.
Her high quality model looks almost out of place next to the low poly models of the rest of the SC6 cast. ;)

DqhkUtLU0AE84yp.jpg:orig
Seeing a breast that isn't an octagon in SC breaks my immersion. Please fix,
Gonna be weird having a character in SoulCalibur with a better ass than Ivy.
Not at all consisting 2B is the first character in the game with anything resembling an ass.
Hmm?

Can't say I've noticed this.
Look at Taki performing her CE and you'll see.
Giant katana, badass teleporting dashes, miniature robot of mass destruction companion. She's pretty damn cool/stylish.
You'd have saved yourself 100+ characters if you just said "We want to fuck 2B."
There is nothing of her in the gamefiles.

People are mad about Tira because she actually was finished
I'm absolutely sure this character, shown off to be nearly complete a week after launch, started development 2 months ago.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely sure this character, shown off to be nearly complete a week after launch, started development 2 months ago.

Oh no doubt but again she is just your regular dlc character whose development started towards the end of the development of the base game while Tira was finished when the game went gold and simply locked to be on disc day 1 dlc

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no doubt but again she is just your regular dlc character whose development started towards the end of the development of the base game while Tira was finished when the game went gold and simply locked to be on disc day 1 dlc
I was being sarcastic. I'm more than aware 2B was being developed along the main game while Tira was made like any other character in the launch roster just to be locked behind a paywall.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty bad take.
no... it was the proper response.

We already know the game's director is unapologetic in 2B's design.
The comment about her anatomy being twisted is valid and I actually agree with, but the art isn't as extreme as the examples given and only tries to derail the conversation.
There is a thread about female design's still active.

2B is in friggin Soul Caliber.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Save him for Tekken.
I got a feeling Harada is waiting for Xbox to get any Yakuza game.
no... it was the proper response.

We already know the game's director is unapologetic in 2B's design.
The comment about her anatomy being twisted is valid and I actually agree with, but the art isn't as extreme as the examples given and only tries to derail the conversation.
There is a thread about female design's still active.

2B is in friggin Soul Caliber.
Your other post suggests otherwise.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
I got a feeling Harada is waiting for Xbox to get any Yakuza game.

Your other post suggests otherwise.

My comment isn't enough to suggest anything other than the character is a drawing so it has the ability to break anatomical rules.

Some people break it and it works...

Others do it and even though things are technically in the right place, it can look...

well like this...

edJD9wI.jpg

just depends on your own personal threshold.

2B is in SC!!!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
What a time to be alive *__*

Edit: This just sold me on the Season Pass for my PC and PS4 copies of the game.

Last edited:

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I know this is just a little silly guest character thing but that stage and that remix of the overworld theme and the new items including a Yoko Taro mask/Emil head is really making me feel feelings about the meta narrative of this

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After watching the Japanese 2B stream, I think they covered the bases quite well--they said she is good for people who don't play fighting games or are newcomers, but has the depth between short range and long range attacks. Sounds like the Noctis of Soul Calibur.

Can't wait.

Last edited: