Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
People, including Sparks himself are really intent on us lunching Sparks, it feels weird to me
If sparks is neutral: Scum don't really care but sparks is probably still lying about his role, better to kill him now.

If sparks is scum: There isn't really any argument for a town sparks so they'd look bad if they defended him and flipped scum.

Anyway lots of people have been defending sparks, they've just been defending him by talking about going for different targets first.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeh, after readiing the thread sparks made the usual mistake. Not sure if it is intentional to play like that but in the end it does not benefit anyone to have him around.

Vote: Funky Dude Sparks

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I fully believe Sparks but then even if he is telling the truth I don't think it's really a bad thing to get rid of a neutral party anyway so

VOTE: Funky Dude Sparks

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight we dine on Sparks!

The fact that his flavour claim is apparently fairly evil probably means he is neutral but a 5-day survivor? I mean we could have a thanos situation on our hand but I highly doubt that.
Oh i would like to be clear, as i talked about with Sorian claiming Nier, the game has very little in the way of genuine bad guys, almost any antagonist across the game could be argued to be town.
And the roll Sparks has claimed is easily one of the most sympathetic antogonists you come across.

That said i dont really see how it would fit a survivor roll at all. Like i would expect lovers, maybe body guard or some other protective roll.

Before anyone else votes, we're 3 from majority.
welp ill hold off swapping back for now then.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh i would like to be clear, as i talked about with Sorian claiming Nier, the game has very little in the way of genuine bad guys, almost any antagonist across the game could be argued to be town.
And the roll Sparks has claimed is easily one of the most sympathetic antogonists you come across.

That said i dont really see how it would fit a survivor roll at all. Like i would expect lovers, maybe body guard or some other protective roll.

welp ill hold off swapping back for now then.
I'm worried that lunching Sparks would have a negative follow on effect. Going off flavour alone I'd say he was either scum or neutral.

Its weird since he is technically 2 characters and one is all about protecting the other. I dont know how that could manifest in terms of gameplay

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is where never playing Nier and not knowing the context of the flavour text can cause potential problems.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Funky Dude Sparks (6 votes)
Fran - #1,081
TheChuggernaut - #1,084
Stantastic - #1,095 #1,244
jman1954goat - #1,206
Aeleus - #1,248
nin - #1,252
Hagi - #1,253

Vincent Alexander (3 votes)
Razmos - #1,148
Reki - #1,234
Stantastic - #1,244

MrHedin (1 votes)
Fanto - #992

Not voting: Benghis Khan, Lone_Prodigy, Funky Dude Sparks, SalvaPot, Kalor, MrHedin, Vincent Alexander

Post Counts:
Funky Dude Sparks: 37 SalvaPot: 29 Stantastic: 28 TheChuggernaut: 27 Fanto: 23 Fran: 22 jman1954goat: 21 Vincent Alexander: 21 Reki: 13 Razmos: 11 Kalor: 8 MrHedin: 7 Hagi: 7 Aeleus: 6 Lone_Prodigy: 4 nin: 2

Current Countdown:
i30hiuaqko

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with votes on Vincent.

I don't agree. Him pushing so much fo letting Sparks live another day is really suspicious.

People, including Sparks himself are really intent on us lunching Sparks, it feels weird to me

You know that he claimed not town, right?

I'm worried that lunching Sparks would have a negative follow on effect. Going off flavour alone I'd say he was either scum or neutral.

Its weird since he is technically 2 characters and one is all about protecting the other. I dont know how that could manifest in terms of gameplay

So, we never lunch him?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
You know that he claimed not town, right?

So, we never lunch him?
I've honestly lost track of what he's said

And no I think we should lunch him, I just think we've got to think carefully about it and not do anything hasty (like reaching majority)

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

i think i might follow already, but what do you mean by a negative follow on effect?
I guess this is where never playing Nier and not knowing the context of the flavour text can cause potential problems.
ehh not really, Flavour is never supposed to be much of a tell even in settings that would be more reliably straight forward.
really im just talking about it so much because really how often am i going to be able to flex on how much i love this game.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
i think i might follow already, but what do you mean by a negative follow on effect?

ehh not really, Flavour is never supposed to be much of a tell even in settings that would be more reliably straight forward.
really im just talking about it so much because really how often am i going to be able to flex on how much i love this game.
In the game Beepy sacrifices himself so that Kalil can escape.
If Sparks is trying to get himself killed there is a probably a reason for that

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
what's a thanos siruation?
In a previous game thanos was a neutral who had the power to eliminate half the players from the game if he got all the infinity stone. On like day 6 the player revealed themselves as thanos and claimed that they didn't want the stones and could win as a survivor. Of course no one believed him given he only needed like 2 more stones to do the snap.

Turned out he was telling the truth.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Crazy idea that doesn't change how we vote today. if sparks is two characters one who sacrifices themselves so the other can live. what if only half of sparks role dies when he is lynched and he stays in the game with the kalil getting a new ability. yes i know this sounds wild .

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy idea that doesn't change how we vote today. if sparks is two characters one who sacrifices themselves so the other can live. what if only half of sparks role dies when he is lynched and he stays in the game with the kalil getting a new ability. yes i know this sounds wild .
Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing, but it is highly speculative as you say

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Sparks "dying" then coming back as another character would be a pretty cool twist but then you run into day 3 not trusting them again and wondering if their win condition changes with them.

haha that's cool least when the remaster/remake comes out you'll have a bunch of new people to fawn over the game with. I'm looking forward to playing it myself.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Sparks claimed a BP vest folks, that's what seems to make flavor-sense of the "covering for another character" part of it.

Which is also the second protection in the game if you count Sorian's kinda vest.

Let's say Sparks is the lunch today, where do we look tomorrow if he flips neutral? And if he flips mafia?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
In the game Beepy sacrifices himself so that Kalil can escape.
If Sparks is trying to get himself killed there is a probably a reason for that
Sparks "dying" then coming back as another character would be a pretty cool twist but then you run into day 3 not trusting them again and wondering if their win condition changes with them.
Yall keep bringing it up but i seriously do not buy this notion that sparks is trying to get himself lunched. hes like this in every game he plays, and his particular mistakes this game have been far too haphazard for that.
like what yall are suspecting would require sparks to know his own meta well enough to be able to mess up in a very particular way so that it isnt just taken as his usual messiness, and i just dont see him being able to pull that off so effortlessly.
Sparks is just a hot mess at mafia, its really that simple.
haha that's cool least when the remaster/remake comes out you'll have a bunch of new people to fawn over the game with. I'm looking forward to playing it myself.
yep, and hey if i still want to feel special ill always have Drakengard 1.
sure as hell that one aint getting a remaster any time soon.

Sparks claimed a BP vest folks, that's what seems to make flavor-sense of the "covering for another character" part of it.

Which is also the second protection in the game if you count Sorian's kinda vest.

Let's say Sparks is the lunch today, where do we look tomorrow if he flips neutral? And if he flips mafia?
to the first flavour bit, that is a very good point, mind it could fit just as well for that being a scum role.

to the latter, I mean im still just as up for a VA lunch, not to mention the several other players who have been very content to sit back and blend today.
you know who you are.

Also im still on the fence about salva, i was hoping that my discussion with him would help me figure out if he was sincere about his D1 explanations or if it was all justifications invented after the fact, but even with the further time to think it over i just cant tell.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Right, i need to go sleep now.

My vote is still on VA, i would rather see Sparks lunched but hes 3 away from majority already and id rather not put it closer this far out.
That said VA is my easy second choice so i wouldn't be too upset if it does end up on him.

Theres a slim chance ill be on before the day ends this time, but dont count on it.

Later yall.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree. Him pushing so much fo letting Sparks live another day is really suspicious.
Did he say this, or did he say he wanted to talk about something else? To me it seemed like he was tired of talking about Sparks, not that he didn't want him to be the lunch today.
I need something new to discuss outside of Sparky.
I just want to talk about anything else right now. Literally anything.
I don't disagree about Sparks right now being the best lunch. I just want other discussion in case Sparka does flip town so we have something else to run with.
As someone who never enjoys talking about Sparks because wow, how many different ways are there to say "this guy makes no sense", I get it.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Did he say this, or did he say he wanted to talk about something else? To me it seemed like he was tired of talking about Sparks, not that he didn't want him to be the lunch today.

As someone who never enjoys talking about Sparks because wow, how many different ways are there to say "this guy makes no sense", I get it.
Sparks can be read! But yeah I agree with your position on VA, I find him suspicious for some meta reasons but this itself in NAI

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

But he did:

We can get back to Sparks tomorrow.

Voting for Sparks is NAI. Can we afford that when we're already down 3 town?

Are you reading the game? He already claimed not town.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sparks is an easy lynch for today but I don't believe their 5 day survivor claim at all. I won't place a vote right now since it's close to majority but that's where I'd put it. I'd rather not take the risk.

As for people afterwards, I'm curious about jman as their play today was been rubbing me the wrong way.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Sparks is an easy lynch for today but I don't believe their 5 day survivor claim at all. I won't place a vote right now since it's close to majority but that's where I'd put it. I'd rather not take the risk.

As for people afterwards, I'm curious about jman as their play today was been rubbing me the wrong way.
is there anything in particular you want me to explain ?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I have to defend Vincent here your reading this completely wrong Fran
So, hey, you may think I'm tunneling - honestly, maybe I am, will be re-evaluating too - but I wrote this one earlier and didn't get to share it before the Sparks stuff. We need to discuss other players and competing wagons, so;
Please god, yes. Anything other than Sparks for tonight, even if it is about me. We can get back to Sparks tomorrow.

He is just saying he wants to discuss anything but fran "tonight" we are in a day phase he is very clearly talking about real life tonight and he wants to get back to Fran real life tomorrow (today now this was said yesterday)not day 3
No he did not you are misunderstanding Fran.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
It's look like Sparks is going to be an easy lunch but in an effort to keep things going I want to look at this sequence:

Hi there.
had a ton to do but will now read through the thread.
give me a second

Yeh, after readiing the thread sparks made the usual mistake. Not sure if it is intentional to play like that but in the end it does not benefit anyone to have him around.

This screams flying under the radar to me. Come in and say they had been busy (hey, its the weekend I get it) and say they are going to catch up, then nothing until almost 12 hours later, and then just throw a vote on the Sparks train. No other thoughts or insights during their supposed read through, just a token comment and then a quick and easy vote on an already formed train.

Also nothing from Ben on this day so far but that might be something for the mods to take care of.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I'll be around for like 45mins then I'll be dming till eod. I'll make a post of my general thoughts but if you want anything from me, ask now.

Also nothing from Ben on this day so far but that might be something for the mods to take care of.
If someone posts less than 5 times in a day they'll be replaced from the game.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the Sparks case is easy to solve, you should vote there only if you think he's lying*.

1. Sparks is saying the truth scenario
If this is the case it's a waste of time to vote him out, for the following reasons;
a) Survivors aren't considered threats to town for wincon purposes.
b) Even if he was somehow considered a threat, he says he exits by D5. It'd take incredible town-play for us to get rid of all the baddies before that phase.
c) We're basically wasting a lunch there since he'll get out eventually anyways.
d) Easy wagon for baddies to hide in, easy noise to lay low.

2. Sparks is lying
Then kill him immediately;
a) We have an unsolved second death on N1, for all we know he could be an SK.
b) He could be a meanie with a provided fake claim. That BP detail and flavor are a bit too specific to just make on the spot.
b) Well that and, you always lunch liars.

So there. Do you think he's lying? I'm still doubtful, but cautiously leaning on a yes.

*Admitedly, the nice thing about a Sparks lunch even if he's telling the truth is that since he's almost certainly not town, a neutral flip would basically discount the existence of an SK. While it's not a 100% safe thing to assume, it'd be weird to have two neutrals in the setup - not impossible with a small mafia team though - and lend more credence to the Town Night Vig theory, because a Mafia Night Vig sounds a bit excessive.

This screams flying under the radar to me. Come in and say they had been busy (hey, its the weekend I get it) and say they are going to catch up, then nothing until almost 12 hours later, and then just throw a vote on the Sparks train. No other thoughts or insights during their supposed read through, just a token comment and then a quick and easy vote on an already formed train.

This is interesting because Fanto, who's yet to move his vote from you, town-reads nin. How do you feel about that?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
TOWN
Reki
Fran
Aeleus
Chugg
Nin
Vincent
Razmos
Stan
Kalor
Jman
Hagi
Hedin
Benghis
Salva
LP
Sparks
SCUM

I guess that's where my thoughts are now when I look through the player list. That Null Zone area in the middle and towards the bottom is rough for me, and I'm probably totally wrong on my Town, but meh, that's where I'm at.

Consider my vote on Sparks in spirit since he's close to majority, I agree he should be the lunch today and I honestly don't think there will be a competing wagon as much as we would want one ideally.

But just to move my vote somewhere else for now:

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

I sense that he is in Coasting Scum LP mode rather than Town LP mode.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Hi there MrHedin,

Just came back to home. I was away the whole weekend and thought i would be able to contribute earlier and more, i mean compare this day to the last day and ofc red flags concerning my activity will pop.

Its pretty easy to solve though.
No time.
I mean i want to be on your radar and on everyone elses.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh and since i am back now have we talked about music instruments yet ?

Oct 26, 2017
Since you're here, Nin---I know Day 1 reads can be flimsy, but you were pretty divided on either Fanto or Chuggs Day 1, then you ended up placing a vote on Kalor for coasting, which was interestingly enough where Chuggs put a vote that led to Fanto calling them out.

Good morning. Will be wandering with the family today but coming back for day end.

How I feel atm.

I will probably put my vote on Fanto / chuggernaut

Fanto: you feel weird today. The way you reacted to chuggernaut has me divided

Should I go with my gut who is telling me Fanto or my brain who tells me chugg.
because this is a point without an argument.
your saying the fact he put them both as town reads is suspect, in of itself, without any real reason why.
i dont think you make points without reasoning, so im confused.

Thanks for putting my words out there.
I'm amazed that you think the same way.

tbf. Even though i did not like the defensiveness of Fanto my next vote would go for kalor,
the way he has just been coasting and the way he comes off is just giving me bad to worse vibes tan fanto atm.

will do the right thing

Vote: Kalor
will catch up on the last pages noa
Just curious where your reads stand on Chuggs and Fanto now?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
This is interesting because Fanto, who's yet to move his vote from you, town-reads nin. How do you feel about that?

Well Fanto's reads are his own, that he voted for me at the time (which I viewed that vote to see how I would react) and hasn't come out against nin or anything doesn't really affect me that much. I don't know if I necessarily think nin is scum but in an effort of trying to start other conversations rather than just let the Sparks discussion dominate I just pointed out something that slightly raised my eyebrows.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
In a previous game thanos was a neutral who had the power to eliminate half the players from the game if he got all the infinity stone. On like day 6 the player revealed themselves as thanos and claimed that they didn't want the stones and could win as a survivor. Of course no one believed him given he only needed like 2 more stones to do the snap.

Turned out he was telling the truth.

Do you think that he buried himself or of Town just not trusting him.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well Fanto's reads are his own, that he voted for me at the time (which I viewed that vote to see how I would react) and hasn't come out against nin or anything doesn't really affect me that much. I don't know if I necessarily think nin is scum but in an effort of trying to start other conversations rather than just let the Sparks discussion dominate I just pointed out something that slightly raised my eyebrows.

Fair point. I mean i would also prefer that the discussoin should be spread out and not be about one single person.
I mean i did damage in putting a vote down and leaving without even being there to discuss it i get it.
Not sure if i can "undone" this but even if the next real candidate is Vincent Alexander with 3 Votes.
If i assume correctly the votes seem to be set in stone except something huge happens.

For me its simple i dont believe him and even if he is telling the truth the way he played has me just guessing all the time.

Did not want to talk about it again but here we are.
Lets move on and start talking about others though.

We have not really talked until now so lets do the easy route for now.

Kill:
Investiage:
Protect:

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I would add that, to make this more interesting, no one is allowed to choose Sparks.

Kill: LP
Investigate: Kalor/Jman
Protect: Fran

Sure why not.

Want to level up it?

GIVE REASON.
Sounds tough? well it sure is. It is called expose yourself.

Kill: Chuggernaut
Investiage: Salva
Protect: Fran

Reasons are the ones from the day Prior.
Chugg, the way he interacts with Salva has me Raising Eyebrows. Get rid of that.
Salva is as cocky as a latin american can be. Too cocky for my taste. Will have to investiage.
Fran on the other hand just screams someone who has something and needs protection.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
LP as I explained above, coasting hard, gives me Scum vibes.

Kalor is a big Null read for me, and Jman I am very curious about, so I'd like to investigate either of them.

Fran is my top Town read, I might not agree with him on everything but I think he is giving useful insight into his opinions and it doesn't feel like he's holding back.

Oct 26, 2017
Kill:
  • Ugh. I hate to say LP also...but I can't find myself sticking to anyone else. At least other folks I have a read on. With LP, I genuinely have no idea.
Investigate: Chuggs or Jman
  • Chuggs has bounced back-and-forth for me. They started Day 2 lean scum, but bounced over to town on my list based on how he reacted and handled accusations against himself. However, he's sort-of vanished, and I don't know what to make of it. Perhaps he is busy. Perhaps he is laying low. I don't know.
  • I lean town on Jman, but they've had one or two posts too many where they are sheeping other's opinions. This could easily be explained away by Jman being new, or it could be scum not wanting to stand out.
Protect: Reki
  • Their accusations against me came off as sincere. Since they were well-formed accusations, I have a hard time seeing them as anything other than town doing some good and proper scum hunting.