sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please someone tell me it's a dumb idea to buy the game and do the NZ trick on my XsX early. (It plays the same on ps5/XSX right?)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If i've never played Automata, does it make sense to play Replicant first? I know the OP says they're pretty self-contained, but since this is a remake of an earlier game, is it more stripped down/basic in a way that would make it flow a bit better to go from Replicant to Automata?

It's a remake of the game Automata was a sequel to where that game's story was impacted by the events that occur in Replicant.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I played this years ago when it was released on PS3 and the gameplay was pretty awful. I still loved the game. Then Nier Automata comes out last gen and it was one of my top 5 games of the generation. I'm so glad we are getting a remaster. I have it preloaded and ready to go. Really looking forward to jumping in tonight.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Anyone else having the dilemma on getting this for PS4 (via PS5) or PC? The port doesn't sound amazing but I still can't decide. I assume the PS4 version is pretty barebones too...

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Pre-ordered and ready for tomorrow. Nier at 60fps, I can't believe it actually happened.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If i've never played Automata, does it make sense to play Replicant first? I know the OP says they're pretty self-contained, but since this is a remake of an earlier game, is it more stripped down/basic in a way that would make it flow a bit better to go from Replicant to Automata?

I would absolutely play this first.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say how the PS4 version operates, but you can't roll the clock forward on PS5 to cheat the flower cultivation minigame. I tried every trick I could think of while offline and near as I can tell, NieR pulls your time from another clock entirely. Maybe CMOS?

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any alternate costumes or outfits for certain playable characters? Some that aren't as revealing?

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Furiously refreshing the USPS tracking for my White Snow Edition, probably won't be arriving until next week. I neeeed those scripts.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm

To be 2B or not to be 2B

That is the question we will be asking when we download the costumes

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Is the combat similar to automata?

I remember playing the automata demo and not liking it, which surprised me as i like P* gameplay.

I thought it was slow and dull, but people keep raving about this and this update says it has enhanced combat and other things.

I am desperate to play something new since im in curfew lol. Will this game help with that?

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS4 copy today and played it for 3 1/2 hours just now. Really enjoying it so far.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Is the combat similar to automata?

I remember playing the automata demo and not liking it, which surprised me as i like P* gameplay.

I thought it was slow and dull, but people keep raving about this and this update says it has enhanced combat and other things.

I am desperate to play something new since im in curfew lol. Will this game help with that?
The combat will still not be very good, combat isn't really the appeal of Nier

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Waitiing for GMG to send me my key. I played the game a long time ago. It's going to be good to replay it again at 60fps.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Wow, the White Snow edition is way bigger than I thought it'd be (i.e. I thought it'd be smaller b/c it's didn't have a figure).

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Anyone else having the dilemma on getting this for PS4 (via PS5) or PC? The port doesn't sound amazing but I still can't decide. I assume the PS4 version is pretty barebones too...
I just went for the PS4 version to play on my PS5. I had so e funds sitting in my PSN wallet that made the decision for me :)

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how i can change into one of these Costumes from the free 4YoRHa dlc?
Just got Weiss. Am i maybe not far enough in the Game yet?

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Played about an hour and I'm remembering more (initially anyway) than I was expecting to after 11 years. Looks great at 60fps.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Does best buy allow returns for another version of the game? I bought it for my series X but if it's 900p I'm taking it back and swapping it for the ps4 version.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Xavi

add this to the OP plz

Hkt8zaT.png

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are some of the sidequests infinite repeateable? Got one to bring some Mutton to a Lady for 1500G, and could turn it in multiple times.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Are some of the sidequests infinite repeateable? Got one to bring some Mutton to a Lady for 1500G, and could turn it in multiple times.

There's some delivery quests you can fail and are able to repeat, but each repeat reduces your reward.

Any needed for alt endings?

You need all weapons to unlock C and D, unless they changed it (I doubt it), and some sidequests give weapons, but there's a shop that lets you buy them if you missed the quests, but obviously doing the sidequest saves time on trying to get money to buy them.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
If its out in Japan right now could we use a VPN to unlock and download it on PS5?