• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh... *Subbed*

Yeah. Ports... not great, but at least the SpecialK fix fixed it right up.

Last edited:

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
How do you go from KH3's fantastic port to this garbage? FF7R and Twewy Neo's chances aren't lookin so good. Square needs to fix their PC division cuz this is garbage,.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Absolutley no problems so far 40~ minutes in with a Radeon RX 480 on medium settings, game runs at 60fps with no noticeable drops (I did turn shadows to medium). Used big picture mode with a xss controller via Bluetooth.

EDIT: however the menu that I changed the settings on was locked at 30~ fps with noticeable drops but after the game loaded I had no issues.
Reloaded the game afterwords to test it again and it was blurry as hell and running a lot worse??? with the same exact settings I had before??? what the heck?

Last edited:

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It runs at 100+ FPS by default which makes everything way the hell too fast, but if I use tge Nvidia control panel to cap it at 60, it instead seems to fluctuate between an unsteady 50-60 FPS which is distracting. What am I missing?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason when capping FPS to 60 with the Nvidia Control panel, FPS caps below, at around 50 instead. Guess i'll have to play around to find the sweet spot for the locked 60.

It runs at 100+ FPS by default which makes everything way the hell too fast, but if I use tge Nvidia control panel to cap it at 60, it instead seems to fluctuate between an unsteady 50-60 FPS which is distracting. What am I missing?
Same. The Control Panel limiter seems bad. Would be great if i could make a separate refresh rate to 60 for the game instead.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Auto hide mouse cursor and the frame rate limiter works better than RTSS.
You can also enable Nvidia Reflex (needs a Nvidia GPU and a VRR/Gsync display) for extra low latency. 👍

Recommend settings for Nvidia GPU + VRR/Gsync display, credits to Aemony for the screenshot:

43UJfkE.png

Last edited:

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason when capping FPS to 60 with the Nvidia Control panel, FPS caps below, at around 50 instead. Guess i'll have to play around to find the sweet spot for the locked 60.

Same. The Control Panel limiter seems bad. Would be great if i could make a separate refresh rate to 60 for the game instead.
Try using Special K to cap the framerate insead.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
My game won't even launch now. Uninstalled, reinstalled and nothing. It's like it tries to go fullscreen then stops on a windowed screen and says not responding.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Toylogic did all versions in-house it seems, but Square Enix really needs to QA better.
Honestly? I think it's more Square has built in expectations that fans will fix their ports and gamers will still buy them and make the decision to save money in porting it over.

Like not at all begrudging the Special K patch or people buying the port (myself included) but I can't help but feel Squeenix's cynicism over this after not patching Automata for three years and releasing Replicant in a similar state.

Square knows, it's not a QA thing, they just don't give a shit.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure which is worse- Square releasing this in the state it is in or people saying "It works great for me if I run a third party frame limiter and another third party application and modify 5 settings in it. I don't know why people are complaining !"

I am so happy I'm lucky enough to have the option of buying Square games on a console. They are the only publisher I never buy on PC. It really sucks because I would love to play this game at 4k and 60fps.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, but I have no idea what to do with that. The Steam thread just has a photo of some settings and no actual files to download as far as I can tell.
First post in this thread has a Tips and Tricks section explaining it. You download a folder, open it and extract the DLL file into your game install. Then rename it to whatever it says in the first post. I remember doing this for Nier Automata and it was pretty painless. CTRL+Shift+Backspace is the shortcut to bring up the settings overlay in-game when it's done.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, this thread confirms I'm going console for this game. After the Game Pass Automata port I had hoped this would be different than the OG Automata release.

Hope y'all with issues are able to resolve them soon.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
i KNEW i should have gotten the refund from GMG before it released

this garbage is not worth the 15 dollar savings

burn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting some slowdowns to 30fps during the starting fights. Going to see if SpecialK helps.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Didn't have an issue launching the game until I DLed Special K. No other games have an issue launching.

Dumb question but how do I change the display settings in the game if it won't launch? I'm looking through the folders and don't see any options...

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure which is worse- Square releasing this in the state it is in or people saying "It works great for me if I run a third party frame limiter and another third party application and modify 5 settings in it. I don't know why people are complaining !"

I am so happy I'm lucky enough to have the option of buying Square games on a console. They are the only publisher I never buy on PC. It really sucks because I would love to play this game at 4k and 60fps.
Not defending SE but I'll take 2 minutes of fiddling in Special K to get 4K/60 over playing at 1080/60.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Disabled the PS4 HID input as recommended and hid the mouse cursor only - seems to be running just fine so far on my 2080ti at 1440p.

Cutscenes don't feel fully smooth but gameplay is silky.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I've only got 15 minutes in, and have to stop until this evening. so far I've had no issues. I'll try to address some of those that were mentioned in this thread.

Again, it's only 15 minutes of playtime.

Specs: 3700x, 3080 GPU, playing on 60hz TV at 4k full screen. Windows and Nvidia drivers are all on the latest versions.

Is there anyway to stop the Mouse Cursor from re-appearing everytime? I'm using a controller.

I just sweep the mouse cursor the side. It never comes back after that.

Oh my god what a shit port. When I take the game full screen in 4K it's all zoomed in and I can't see the lower right corner of the game screen.

It's even worse than Automata, and that's an achievement.

This game shouldn't have passed QA and Square Enix should be embarrassed.

there is definitely something wrong in your screen set up. If anything, the bottom right corner of the screen, the map, is much much sharper than the actual gameplay itself! It's actually kind of bothering me because it seems to be at a higher resolution than the rest of my screen Lol

Um does the game have vibration support at all on any platform? I haven't felt it yet even though theres and option to turn it off and on.

I turned off the steam input as mentioned before. Using an Xbox one controller with the Microsoft USB adapter. Getting vibration normally.

In my very limited 15 minutes of play, it runs at 4K 60 on TV. Full screen. Never went below 59 and never went higher than 61.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Welp, this PC port is trash. Can't get Special K to work, just gonna refund and buy on console I guess.

Square really needs to put more money into their PC ports.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
So is a i7 7700k and a 2080 super enough to play this at 4K or am I better just getting this on ps5.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Runs surprisingly well for me (3070, 5600x, 32gb). The only tweak I applied was forcing 60fps on the Nvidia control panel because without that it ran super fast. Played a bit over an hour, no slowdowns, stuttering or drops so far.
I'm playing with keyboard and mouse by the way.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm using Special K and disabled STEAM Input and everything has been great so far. I do wish this game would run at higher framerates without breaking things, but at least gameplay is smooth without any hiccups.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Another fucked up SE port it seems? This is why I only buy their games for dirt cheap, if at all.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Special K seems to be working great. Had to turn off mouse input entirely in the game, because it would often override my controller and auto select options in the menus. Happened even with the hide when not moved option was enabled.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
How do you go from KH3's fantastic port to this garbage? FF7R and Twewy Neo's chances aren't lookin so good. Square needs to fix their PC division cuz this is garbage,.
KH3 and FF7R both run on Unreal Engine 4, so it should have been relatively easy to port those titles to PC.
Nier R runs on a proprietary engine which may be based on the original Nier's engine which was designed to run on the PS3.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like those quick community fixes are actually a bad thing for the PC platform... instead of getting rightfully shat at SE now will get away with a shitport once again, while people will just point out to community fixes that you need to fiddle around with to get the game running at acceptable level.