• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Update: story behind the design.

View: https://twitter.com/TheBesteban/status/1555590392506068993?t=3eeIXOmxL_Wm_Nd3Pb8xIA&s=19

sneakerbardetroit.com

Nike Air Force 1 Low "Blue Void" Coming Soon

Nike Air Force 1 Low Blue Void Color: White/Blue Void Style Code: DB3541-100 Release Date: July 14, 2021 Price: $140 USD Where to Buy: Nike.com

View: https://twitter.com/BeesDoctor/status/1554234710154514432

Bittersweet as he wasn't told they were releasing.

View: https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/1554250612396593152

View: https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/1554251936114675712

We respect you still, king MarkMan

Last edited:

Crotin

May 6, 2018
The moment I saw the tweet I bought a pair. That's crazy how these were in limbo since 2019 and everyone is just now finding out about it

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Are they listed somewhere or already sold out and only on resellers?
I imagine that if they've been sold they're probably sold out. Shoes collaborations sell out fast and have a huge resale market. People will basically camp out on the sale page or create bots to bypass per customer sale limits.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
the price is reasonable if you wear a smaller size. If you wear like a 13 then it's like close to $300

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Ayoo? This is a big deal. I want a pair

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Justin Wong can't catch a break.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I copped immediately. They're just hella clean kicks and I love that the Moment 37 reference is subtle. I could rock these with my regular fits. They're not no stunt sneakers.

Great job, MarkMan. Wish they got the rollout they deserve.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Not a sneakerhead so maybe this is the norm, but having the reference in the tag is pretty lame. Be more confident about your roots! In a classy way ofc, not just pasting that whole thing on the shoe.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did the quiet release had anything to do with the EVO controversy?

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
these are clean. I haven't owned any air forces since I was in high school tbh but I'm tempted to grab these.

good shit to MarkMan.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nike still seems shady af. Same with the NBA, Lebron and his statements on Hong Kong. Surprised everyone is all for paying for premium Nikes on here.

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
$140 after all the BS taxes and fees on StockX for my 14s. Honestly not that awful. Just bought!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Not a sneakerhead so maybe this is the norm, but having the reference in the tag is pretty lame. Be more confident about your roots! In a classy way ofc, not just pasting that whole thing on the shoe.

This is what you want
P0.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I copped immediately. They're just hella clean kicks and I love that the Moment 37 reference is subtle. I could rock these with my regular fits. They're not no stunt sneakers.

Great job, MarkMan. Wish they got the rollout they deserve.
If I had the money, I'd grab these immediately.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I have the ryu sb mids from like a decade ago

Crotin

May 6, 2018
I imagine that if they've been sold they're probably sold out. Shoes collaborations sell out fast and have a huge resale market. People will basically camp out on the sale page or create bots to bypass per customer sale limits.

Yeah, they weren't supposed to sell but some stores had them and sold, and then popped up on resale sites

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
That input is wrong. Daigo's Ken inputs a superjump to get the jump toward air roundhouse from neutral to start the combo.

MarkMan

Arcade Stick Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the love (and weirdness) in this thread lmao.

A ton of ppl have been buying it off stockx (just today over 100+ pairs it seems like)

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a subtle and yet cool model, the low price is just the icing on the cake. Would definitely buy if I lived there.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine being upset because "your story wasn't told" but you are apart of selling $200 sneakers...some people in the FGC are such a caricature of themselves sometimes...

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Since these were getting worked on since January 2020, I wonder if the Mr Wiz stuff made them drop the Evo partnership and they just kept the Easter egg on the tag as reference.

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Imagine being upset because "your story wasn't told" but you are apart of selling $200 sneakers...some people in the FGC are such a caricature of themselves sometimes...
Imagine taking the time to develop something, being told it was going to be marketed and revealed in a certain way, building anticipation for yourself to see it released, then finding out two years later that it had already been released without your knowledge and without the agreed upon marketing roll out.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine taking the time to develop something, being told it was going to be marketed and revealed in a certain way, building anticipation for yourself to see it released, then finding out two years later that it had already been released without your knowledge and without the agreed upon marketing roll out.
Yeah...it's a $200 sneaker...full stop...I'm pretty sure his check cleared but let's ignore working for a shit company making the worst products...because you didn't get some Tweets or hashtag along with your announcement...because it's just a fighting game shoe used as an excuse to sell more $200 shoes that basically look alike...like why does Nike have to inform you of anything, they don't need you for sales...

OMG I designed a sneaker marketed towards poor people but only costs like $40 to make...someone call the waaahhbulance

ebugg

Nov 3, 2018
Yeah...it's a $200 sneaker...full stop...I'm pretty sure his check cleared but let's ignore working for a shit company making the worst products...because you didn't get some Tweets or hashtag along with your announcement...because it's just a fighting game shoe used as an excuse to sell more $200 shoes that basically look alike...like why does Nike have to inform you of anything, they don't need you for sales...

OMG I designed a sneaker marketed towards poor people but only costs like $40 to make...someone call the waaahhbulance
this aint it chief. it doesnt matter what you think about nike or how much their shoes cost.
they collaborate with different artists/orgs and if Markman had a hand in concepting/designing (and based off his tweets it looks like he did), it's a bad look for nike not to include him in ANY details about the release. I imagine its not even about his "check clearing" ... If you worked on a project with someone that you poured your heart and sole into, wouldn't you be annoyed or confused if you saw it out in the wild without your knowledge?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
this aint it chief. it doesnt matter what you think about nike or how much their shoes cost.
they collaborate with different artists/orgs and if Markman had a hand in concepting/designing (and based off his tweets it looks like he did), it's a bad look for nike not to include him in ANY details about the release. I imagine its not even about his "check clearing" ... If you worked on a project with someone that you poured your heart and sole into, wouldn't you be annoyed or confused if you saw it out in the wild without your knowledge?
See...let's stop it with the heart and soul crap...

It's just another $200 looking sneaker from Nike...

To expect that they need to do anything you want beyond you designing the show is ridiculous...saying "this ain't it chief" doesn't change that when we know who these shoes are marketed and sold to...to run with some casual convo he had with the Nike co-asst chief of some marketing section of who knows what and acting like you were owed more than that conversation is ridiculous...because it looks like another $200 sneaker...

So yes...the check cleared...it's not exactly going in a cultural institution for art...and there isn't anything about it that screams "non-generic" or even "FGC"...there is nothing special about this sneaker against anything else Nike has done...nothing about him says that he deserves final say on any marketing or sales decisions...and certainly the FGC isn't worthy of the extra effort

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
See...let's stop it with the heart and soul crap...

It's just another $200 looking sneaker from Nike...

To expect that they need to do anything you want beyond you designing the show is ridiculous...saying "this ain't it chief" doesn't change that when we know who these shoes are marketed and sold to...to run with some casual convo he had with the Nike co-asst chief of some marketing section of who knows what and acting like you were owed more than that conversation is ridiculous...because it looks like another $200 sneaker...

So yes...the check cleared...it's not exactly going in a cultural institution for art...and there isn't anything about it that screams "non-generic" or even "FGC"...there is nothing special about this sneaker against anything else Nike has done...nothing about him says that he deserves final say on any marketing or sales decisions...and certainly the FGC isn't worthy of the extra effort

I can kinda understand what you're trying to get at. Ultimately it just comes down to personal investment & passion i imagine. Like maybe just some additional expounding/explanation on the design variations from the regular Air Force 1 was what he wanted to have a hand in telling.

Personally I just think it's a neat crossover of sneaker head community & FGC reference. But i get that appeal isn't for everyone and to some it may just be another pair of shoes.