• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stage Builder is coming back to Smash:
DzUgNh9UwAApSS7.jpg

Oh shit totally right

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol anyone saying this was a bad Direct is delusional and/or ridiculous. A new Mario and a new Zelda got announced, along with demos for two upcoming games, a ton of JRPG stuff, some third party support, a few brand new things (including confirmation that 3DS-like titles/handheld stuff is coming to Switch) and more.

Seriously....get a reality check if you think this was disappointing. Sure it could've had Animal Crossing and MPT, but there's always going to be something. There was more than enough here.

Not to mention we already know Animal crossing is coming this year, and MPT is all but confirmed.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Im going to go out on a limb and say that Star Fox GP, whatever it was, probably doesn't exist anymore. No insiders have had anything to say on it since the initial rumors, which makes me think that it may have been canned. Maybe that happened a while ago, or it was more recent, who knows.

But yeah the first half of this calendar year is no bueno.

JCH33T-

Mar 23, 2018
Manchester, United Kingdom
I know some people are disappointed but I dont really see what more Nintendo can do.

January : Fitness Boxing, NSMBU
March : Yoshi Crafted World
April:Boxboy.
June:Marvel Alliance

By no means is that a great lineup, but Nintendo is only one company.
Boxboy and Marvel UA3 to last 2 months is a bit crazy though. To me, all these ports of 3rd party games are pointless cos I have a PS4 where I play those, but they are definitely important for the platform when some only own Switch

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao at the people spreading that DMC trilogy rumour. Trilogies are doomed on this system haha.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
sorry guys about the MPT thing, this game is an insider killer, maybe with the delay of MP4 the trilogy got delayed also
No worries on that. I personally would love to be playing these games like...yesterday...but it's not your job to put it out. The Direct in general was amazing to me and I still can't believe that the Link's Awakening Remake is actually a thing. I also feel like there is a lot more just under the surface that Nintendo is still keeping under wraps. Too much smoke from too many sources for these rumors to be 100% false.

Subhero

Nov 18, 2018
Are you fucking shittin' me?!
As a Nintendo DieHard this felt freakin' disappointing. Eerily similar to WiiU Directs.
No major/relevant 3rd party announcements (yeah, Platinum, they got them pocketed,, so just like WiiU; SE bothered to port, big deal?!).
MP4? Non existent.
Fire Emblem? We just dialed up the gfx, expect the GC offering.
Mario Maker 2: cheapest (up-) port since NSMBU Deluxe.
Rune Factory 3DS Remake Deluxe my ass (I already had those experiences).
Indy shmindie...
This doesn't bode well. Seems like studios/publishers are zooming in on the PS5/XBX2 platform imho, breaking Switch's long tail in the process.
Really just disappointed, expected more without even being hyped for this Direct....

Edit: Forgot about Link's Awakening as the "Surprise 2D Zelda" announcement. Yeah, you cannot improve on perfection.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
The original Link's Awakening was also super cutesy and irreverent with chain chomps, cartoony crocodiles in hats, Mario paintings and Yoshi dolls and shit. Can't quite understand why some people are bumping on the art style of the remake. It's brilliant in terms of both being faithful to the spirit of the original and simply being straight up gorgeous.

I'm so fucking in.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I disagree. There's no Metroid game on Switch (not counting NES titles) and clearly there's a demand for a new title on the series for it. Now that MP4 has been delayed to TBA, something needs to be released in the time being. This was the reason why MP4 was prematurely announced in the first place after Nintendo announced the 3DS title.

It boogles my mind on how Nintendo is fucking up with the franchise, by leaving in the limbo for years after ONE bust which was stinker, annoucing a game nobody asked for, announcing a 3DS game when all the spotlights were already on Switch forcing them to prematurely announce MP4, delaying MP4 and restarting development from scratch and now the rumored sitting on a complete game.
I agree with their handling of the franchise overall (except them giving the game back to Retro, I'm thankful for that.)
We are looking at like 3 years for MP4 to release probably, if they release the trilogy 1 year before that it's a smarter business decision than releasing it now, especially in regards to people that never played these things and need an impression before 4 launches. That's just how these things work, sadly.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I'm surprised that I didn't enjoy that Direct. There are so many announced games that I was expecting updates on that just didn't get anything. They somehow chose exact slice of software that I don't really care about. I don't care about Mario Maker, but I may get it for the sake of having something else to play. They somehow made "2D Zelda" an even less exciting prospect for me by making it an ugly remake of a game I didn't like. Any and all interest dissolved as soon I finished the math of Link + Boat + Storm. And oh boy the anime.

I'll be buying Box Boy, Fire Emblem, and DQB2. Nothing else shown here is a riveting prospect, but at least Pokemon, AC, and Luigi are still out there... somewhere. ALSO the lack of NSO update/SNES games is perhaps the biggest bummer of the show.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the direct was okay, but mostly bc most of the games they showed I have no real interest in. I'm definitely hyped for FE, that weeb shit is like coke and I love it. Zelda looks beautiful!

Dec 18, 2018
  • No Bayo 3 news
  • No Pikmin remaster or Pikmin 4 news
  • No Pokemon news
  • No Animal Crossing news
  • No Metroid Prime Trilogy news
  • LA remake w/ graphic style I dislike
  • bunch of anime games

If you don't like anime-styled JRPGs, this direct didn't have much beyond Super Mario Maker 2 and Tetris 99
If the direct only announced super Mario maker 2, i would be more than happy. Games I'm going to buy are smm2, Zelda, Yoshi, fire emblem.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
As a Nintendo DieHard this felt freakin' disappointing. Eerily similar to WiiU Directs.
No major/relevant 3rd party announcements (yeah, Platinum, they got them pocketed,, so just like WiiU; SE bothered to port, big deal?!).
MP4? Non existent.
Indy shmindie...
This doesn't bode well. Seems like studios/publishers are zooming in on the PS5/XBX2 platform imho, breaking Switch's long tail in the process.
Really just disappointed, expected more without even being hyped for this Direct....
Relax

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
So by the way, Hellblade releasing on switch sets a new standard regarding what kind of port we can expect, no? If I recall, the game runs at 30fps on other console with an aggressive dynamic resolution.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
MP4? Non existent.
Indy shmindie...

Edit: Forgot about Link's Awakening as the "Surprise 2D Zelda" announcement. Yeah, you cannot improve on perfection.
Yeah it's very worrying. Hopefully they can turn things around fast

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing Direct !!!

Really excited for June and onward, it looks like an avalanche of interesting games.

Too bad that FE got delayed.

Feb 2, 2019
sorry guys about the MPT thing, this game is an insider killer, maybe with the delay of MP4 the trilogy got delayed also

No need to, I think you're legit.

It's just clear Nintendo is burnt by leaks and are following them closely. They're probably changing their plans to mess with leaks.

Drought mentioned! Years first half just has NSMBU, Yoshi and Friggin Super Mario Maker 2. But yeah. Drought!

For the first six months ? Yes, that looks dry.

To me this direct meant one thing : most major publishers and studios are all focusing on next-gen 2020.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
That direct gets a meh/10 for me.

Pros:
Fire Emblem
Mario Maker 2

Cons:
Animal Crossing?
Bayonetta 3?
Luigi's Mansion?
Metroid trilogy?
Persona anything?
SMT5?

Just meh. I listed MM2 as a pro despite not really enjoying the first one much, because it was still intriguing and it was cool seeing what people could come up with.

You don't like the Direct because MPT and Persona wasn't in the Direct? Seriously? That was never ever promised.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I'm actually so pumped for Links Awakening, goddamn it looks cute as hell. Glad it's not some Four Swords multiplayer thing.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
  • No Bayo 3 news
  • No Pikmin remaster or Pikmin 4 news
  • No Pokemon news
  • No Animal Crossing news
  • No Metroid Prime Trilogy news
  • LA remake w/ graphic style I dislike
  • bunch of anime games

If you don't like anime-styled JRPGs, this direct didn't have much beyond Super Mario Maker 2 and Tetris 99
Yes, why not put also the 2020's games?

I really wish we never gonna have another Direct thread. Because this is the result.