AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because that's never mattered and we've gone through this same song and dance for years.

Sure it has. It's not a rule by any means, but they never say something like that and then just go completely against it.

It'll be mostly first half games with one or two teases past that. We'll see Kirby, Triangle Strategy, a few surprises, some nice indie stuff, and then maybe a tease for something like BotW2 or something else.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Splatoon 3 I'm betting on being the main game with a release date of May/ June announced.

Then expect a few smaller games and maybe an xenoblade X port.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
how people still expect a xenoblade x port is beyond me. i'm "cereal guy" when it comes to this

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
afb.gif

Can't wait. Hope we that rumored Xenoblade

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm just happy with more BotW - and maybe a commitment to 2022 for the game.

News about the new Xenoblade would be awesome! Artwork from years ago looked fantastic and it's about time for another one.
Fire Emblem too - haven't played the latest one but this would probably get me to finally start it.
Kirby 3D is already pre-ordered. Hyped for that one, don't need any other news to be honest.

Everything else is just gravy.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Sure it has. It's not a rule by any means, but they never say something like that and then just go completely against it.

It'll be mostly first half games with one or two teases past that. We'll see Kirby, Triangle Strategy, a few surprises, some nice indie stuff, and then maybe a tease for something like BotW2 or something else.
I believe they said the same thing last year and announced Splatoon 3 alongside a ton of games for later in the year. Hell I think they did it for the indie direct in December and announced Sea of Stars. It literally has never mattered.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018

Your original post read like it was implying people were being unreasonable for expecting anything outside of the detailed time frame. If that wasn't the case then I apologize

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
It is always a curious time to figure out what they will announce during the first half of the year. Almost serves as a hype check of sorts since any really big announcements might be saved for Summer for games coming during the holiday season.

Can't take any guesses as to what to expect, but I'll definitely be getting comfy for the showcase tomorrow.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Tinfoil one-in-a-million prediction: We'll finally see those Halo ports that have been rumored for years. Specifically Halo 1, 2, and 3.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Cant see there being many new announcements but info on whats alredy been announced will be good enough. Kirby Forgotten Land, Mario Rabbids 2, BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3 and a bunch of Indies and third parties. Thats enough to be going on with.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Hyped!

I've been neglecting my Switch in a very big way this past year. Give me a reason to dust it off, and fall in love with the console again, Nintendo.*

*Shadow-dropping Silksong will do just that.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the remakes and the 2022 Zelda date announcement that will be pushed back with another announcement in a few month targeting 2023. But maybe we get Mariokart 9 in action finally…or not. We will see as usual with these directs, don't go in with high expectations.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Legends Arceus is the most engrossed I've been by a Nintendo game since BotW. Not sure I can handle more excitement right now, lol.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Arceus DLC and Silksong is all I ask for knowing that a Kirby showing is guaranteed.

Anything else would be gravy.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been five years since Breath of the Wild, I'm dying for more Zelda news. It's the only game I care about besides Elden Ring. Give me a title, release date, anything, I'll take it.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Pokémon Legends Arceus is the most engrossed I've been by a Nintendo game since BotW. Not sure I can handle more excitement right now, lol.
I've been reflecting on the Switch library recently. Breath of the Wild. Mario Odyssey. Ring Fit Adventure. Smash Bros Ultimate. Metroid Dread. Bowser's Fury. Pokémon Legends. It's got to me my favorite library of games on any Nintendo console. First time anything has even been in contention since the Super Nintendo. We're in a golden age.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
"Metroid Prime 4 has not been up to our standards so we are rebooting development with Mercury Steam. Please understand"

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
For things that I'd like to see ported from Wii U, both Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD would be nice. Been in the mood to replay those, and a combo pack wouldn't be unreasonable since they're not a new remaster in the way Skyward Sword was.

Paper Mario: Color Splash is one of my port announcement pipe dreams, but I bet they don't think it's worth it given the reception it got and how it used the Gamepad to paint cards in battle. I'm not going to claim it's a """good""" Paper Mario, but I enjoyed my time with the game (more than I can say for Sticker Star). My Wii U Gamepad holds the worst charge, so any plans I had to replay Color Splash are dashed when I remember that.

Anyway, my top hope is a Fire Emblem announcement. Gimme Genealogy of the Holy War remake. A new game would also be nice. Also hoping that Tomodachi Life gets a Switch game. Miitopia doesn't scratch the same itch.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yaaaaay, I'm off tomorrow!

Naaaaay, I'm hanging out with friends and co-workers at the exact time it starts!

Maaaaaybe I can get them to watch it with me?

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly hoping for Fire Emblem and maybe some kind of Xenoblade announcement(XC3 or XCX port are both good).

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
preparing for the Era meltdown when they spend more than 60 seconds on Kirby because we know it exists already

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Re-remakes of Pokemon Red/Blue in the Arceus formula here we goooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh yeah and Golden Sun remakes.