Oct 27, 2017
idk…. i really liked today's direct. maybe because i'm super into RPGs and farming games. like, i know i'm a nerd for that but i was really happy.

octopath traveler 2!! YES, please.

also made the weirdest noise of joy when goldeneye appeared.

(kinda sad WW and TP didn't get announced though. maybe it's time to plug in the wii u again.)

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Insiders can, and have been, right about things.

But until I'm actually playing them, I'm considering the Zelda and Prime remasters to be non-existent.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "leakers" and "insiders" need to be held accountable. Unacceptable.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
This plus many of the games slated for next year (that were pushed from this year) is making next year look absolutely nuts. My wallet is very much not ready. Especially with all this inflation 😅.

Nintendo really impressed me today. I hope Sony has some fun announcements, as they will definitely be compared to this Direct lol.

Forspoken, RE4, TOTK, FFXVI + more I'm sure I'm forgetting … my goodness it is so awesome to have Japanese devs firing on all cylinders.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can Era at least stop stanning for insiders and tell me everytime "no but you don't understand, THIS ONE is legit, #ingrubbwetrust"

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This was a really great direct. Excited for Xenoblade 3 dlc and Octopath II. We finally got a Zelda name too for BOTW 2. It's great.

Stainless

Feb 26, 2018
Nashville,TN
I tuned in hoping for WW and TP, but it is cool to know the new zelda game is less than 9 months away. I was expecting holiday 2023 and then pushback to 2024, so that's a good surprise that they put a date on it.

Farming sims all the rage now

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
WW remake was the one Zelda game I was looking forward to so I'm disappointed it wasn't there. I'm looking forward to Pikmin 4, but not much else.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty good overall although I was hoping for another major release before the end of the year.

Also, am I crazy or were like half the games from Square Enix?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Broke: we can't stream this in the UK because of the title "Tears of the kingdom"

Woke: we can't stream this because the UK residents won't want to be reminded they're going to all have to learn to farm for their food themselves.

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone believed Metroid Prime remaster was going to be there after years and years of rumours, they're idiots hahaha.
I fall for it every time though
Clown-Applying-Makeup.jpg

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Based on what they showed, there is a fair amount coming out between now and May 2023 with Botw2 head lining. I think its safe to say the WW and TP remasters are not coming out. If Nintendo were to release you would want to market and raise their profiles as they are Zelda games for max bang. I just don't see it happening now.

Metroid Prime remaster has a shot, maybe for the end of year. Still hopeful for that.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
I'm going to give all directs an F until they release Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp. I know there's a war in Ukraine, but you can't get my hopes up after ignoring the series for 14 years and then never release it. Also, I hate what they're doing with Fire Emblem. It's fine for a musou game and some gacha mobile game I'm never going to play, but pulling in heroes from previous Fire Emblem games is so lazy. I don't know how you go from Three Houses to that.

Octopath Traveler 2 looks good. The 5 seconds of Tears of the Kingdom footage we got looked good too.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I wager none of them are insiders, they go with educated guesses and blame "their sources" if they turn out false. If they get it right they get internet fame, they get it wrong "but muh sources", this site and many users here don't like when these "insiders" are called out, there is a weird stanning cult for these people here.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Can Era at least stop stanning for insiders and tell me everytime "no but you don't understand, THIS ONE is legit, #ingrubbwetrust"

For the Grubb lovers:
mynintendonews.com

Rumour: Jeff Grubb reiterates Metroid Prime remaster still on for holiday 2022

Venture Beat journalist Jeff Grubb has appeared on the Nintendo Shack channel to chat about some of what will be shown during the rumoured September Nintendo Direct presentation.

Something needs to be done about the creepy vendetta some have against insiders before one of y'all snaps and takes it too far.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
Had just started wind waker with the wife since shes been wanting to play it for awhile on series s. Does anyone know if you can emulate wii u to play the hd version, or are we best sticking with the game cube versions?

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Did Nintendo ever say anything about HD ports of WW or TP, or of a remake of Metroid Prime. Or are people just getting their hopes up due to unsubstantiated rumors?

Also, no Switch 2 until 2024 at the least. There's just too much coming out in 23 for the Switch for a new console to make sense. IMO of course, but until Nintendo says it themselves, that's what I'm sticking with

Xemnas89

Aug 28, 2019
fell for the prime remaster again lol. This time I thought it was believable because this year is the 20th anniversary of it's release and it would've been a perfect time to release it. For what it's worth emily is on twitter saying it exists and that it looks pretty good so idk.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
One day I may be wrong, but so far it's held constant, but any leak that says Metroid Prime or Metroid Prime Trilogy is being ported or remastered will turn out to be bogus. Not sure if I'd include the WW and TP remasters in there, since that's brought up far less, but as of now I can't imagine them actually happening until like 6 months after BotW2.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I wager none of them are insiders, they go with educated guesses and blame "their sources" if they turn out false. If they get it right they get internet fame, they get it wrong "but muh sources", this site and many users here don't like when these "insiders" are called out, there is a weird stanning cult for these people here.
Yeah, exactly.

Panicky Duck

Dec 14, 2020
Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4, and Zelda were alright. There were so many JRPG's they began to blend in with each other. No Metroid Prime remaster, but I only have myself to blame for that.

C

Edit: I just realized this isn't the thread with the poll.

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give all directs an F until they release Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp. I know there's a war in Ukraine, but you can't get my hopes up after ignoring the series for 14 years and then never release it.
arrested-development-david-cross.gif

Something needs to be done about the creepy vendetta some have against insiders before one of y'all snaps and takes it too far.
I mean I'm sure for some it's maybe a vendetta, but most of us are just tired of taking everything they say as gospel, getting so much wrong, and then acting like anyone that doesn't believe them is stupid, rinse and repeat. It's mainly the culture that pops up surrounding them that gets obnoxious and really ruins the discourse.

For crying out loud I was told I was "acting like a conspiracy theorist" or something like that when I said the "Switch Pro" wasn't real last year after all the talk of "Switch Pro reveal imminent" only for the OLED to get announced.

Really I think most (at least I hope most people) are asking is that maybe we don't have a thread every time Jeff Grubb says something.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Pretty underwhelming, best thing was pikmin 4 being revealed even with no gameplay. Not interested in FE or octopath personally. After how they teased how the name of botw2 might spoil game elements, it ended up being generic. Lack of metroid prime HD was a huge blow for me, but I guess they're really dedicated to the whole no new metroid showing until prime 4 is ready thing.

All in all it was average, which is disappointing considering they skipped summer.

They owe us nothing, it's your choice to believe them