• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are your expectations for today?

• *turns green* SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

Votes: 407 26.1%
  • I'm just here for Bill Trinen cameos like every normal person

Votes: 623 39.9%
  • If Acid Ghost is half as good as Eminem's last album, I'll be happy

Votes: 147 9.4%
  • Nothing. Heck, I don't know what I am doing in this thread

Votes: 383 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, to be honest, we are just big fans of The Wild Thornberrys.
nigel_joins_smash_bros_by_jewel375-d8fueni.jpg

Confirmed.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit, here I was imagining a modest Direct but now you all have me fully expecting Smash.

I'm gonna end up being disappointed aren't I?

Oct 25, 2017
GcfVyKQ.png

My friend's uncle's roommate's niece's hot mom who works at Nintendo sent him this. Seems legit

Couldn't resist doing one more of these

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Honestly I wanted a new Smash game with more of a competitive focus for a while but at this point I feel like it would just split the Melee community. I'd rather have a definitive, updated version of Melee that doesn't change much except adding minor QoL fixes like dashback polling change to UCF and some of the features from the 20XX hack pack (like visible L-cancel toggle and savestates). All of which will probably never happen.
Yeah, I know a lot of melee players that feel the same way. They are 100% fine with playing the game the way it is forever or would want some very minor tweaks like what you mentioned, not really wanting a melee 2. And yeah that's not a bad thing, melee is great, and a rerelease like that wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think that a more competitive smash would have to fracture the fanbase though, because again, I feel like most melee players love melee the way it is and would just continue to play that, maybe dabbling in the new game like they did with brawl and smash 4 for a few months. But I think Smash can be competitive without replicating the way melee is played at higher levels, which would attract the crowd still playing smash 4 and well as more casual players who just play whatever the most recent game was.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo said 3DS and Switch games. I doubt we're going to see anything related Mario Kart Tour related unless it connects to MK8D in any way or form. Which I highly doubt.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only three, three, three, three hours to go
I wanna be sedated.
Nothin to do, no Nintendo
I wanna be sedated

FZJrGYa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.