• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
The Hollow Knight DLC releases on the 14th so I don't see why it can't be shown beforehand in the Direct one day earlier.

Small correction: they said that we'd get our first look at the dlc. Not that it comes out on thursday.

Honestly, I don't see that dlc released until later in the year.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Zell and Harker probably don't know when the Direct is going to be announced, they just know when it's going to be airing. And if the Direct wasn't on the 13th, they or Emily/Nate/Jonneh would have said so.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zell and Harker probably don't know when the Direct is going to be announced, they just know when it's going to be airing. And if the Direct wasn't on the 13th, they or Emily/Nate/Jonneh would have said so.
Thank you for this post. We've been through this ringer tons of times. Everyone would've been corrected by now if the Direct wasn't on the 13th.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Miyamoto just called me and said because the date had leaked they delayed the Direct until April. Sorry guys.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what the fuck

people should take off work as often as possible for any and every reason they want
I don't know why they're allowed to say people should seek professional help for taking days off of work. People can do whatever they want. How is there a mental issue. Just report them and those who agree with it.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Even if its a holiday they should still announce it. Something is definitely wrong going on at Nintendo
Dont you think something is wrong? First they skip all of January and then we're almost half way through FEB and still nothing? Then all hardcore Ninty fans can say is, "They wont announce it on a holiday?" why not? Holidays aren't even special like they were thousands of years ago, its 2019.
Uhh what? What would be wrong? What are you even alluding to?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey so I'm late to the party. There's a Direct supposedly coming on the 13th? Are there rumours on what's going to be shown?

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing with DQXI S is that Nintendo has Dragon Quest Builders 2 to promote first. I don't think they're going to want to try to "sell" two Dragon Quest games at once. They'll be spaced out a bit, with their own promotional cycles. In Japan, DQB2 is already out, and DQXI S is the next DQ game (with the promotional machine already started).

This isn't to say that there will be a huge delay, necessarily. Maybe DQB2 gets an April release date this week and and DQXI S gets a late-summer release date at E3. I just don't think both DQB2 and DQXI S will both be 1H 2019 titles in NA/EU.
I agree with your statement in so far that DQB2 and DQXI S aren't going to be released in close proximity. That said, I dont see why they wouldn't market them in relative conjunction to each other, seeing how one is a Minecraft-inspired spin-off and the other is a main installment. Square Enix should really stop treating those spin-offs as replacements for the real deal, it's how they abandoned DQ back when it was mostly on DS (IIRC).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get:

We spent all weekend going over the fact that Monday is a holiday in Japan, and that for the past year and change they've announced Directs 1 day before the Direct, not 2. Therefore nobody should have been expecting an announcement today.

Now no announcement comes today and everyone freaks out. Sounds about right.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Hey so I'm late to the party. There's a Direct supposedly coming on the 13th? Are there rumours on what's going to be shown?

The only game that has been directly suggested that it will be shown in the coming Direct is Metroid Prime Trilogy. There are a handful of titles that have been teased as potentially coming in 2019, though not necessarily announced in the Direct (you can find the full list in the OP).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Also there is always the chance we're getting a Direct mini. In which case we wouldn't see an announcement at all, it would just pop up on their youtube channel.

Either way I'd be shocked if we don't get something on the 13th (NA/EU time).

Nintendo is doomed tho

They're always doomed. That's their secret.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Dont you think something is wrong? First they skip all of January and then we're almost half way through FEB and still nothing? Then all hardcore Ninty fans can say is, "They wont announce it on a holiday?" why not? Holidays aren't even special like they were thousands of years ago, its 2019.

What?? A lot of people still have days off work on holidays.

The only 2018 one there was the Smash Brothers Direct (game-specific Directs are usually announced earlier), all the others were from 2017 so before the Directs I referenced.

Of course there's always the possibility that there isn't a Direct this week but what I took issue with was your blank denial of any possibility of that happening due to it not being revealed two days before despite that not being the case for the prior two Directs.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I don't get:

We spent all weekend going over the fact that Monday is a holiday in Japan, and that for the past year and change they've announced Directs 1 day before the Direct, not 2. Therefore nobody should have been expecting an announcement today.

Now no announcement comes today and everyone freaks out. Sounds about right.

A lot of people seem to be extremely high strung about this entire Direct affair and it's become difficult to follow the thread during those high energy peaks. It's just easier to step back a bit and let things calm down.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought you were joking around. You're serious though?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people seem to be extremely high strung about this entire Direct affair and it's become difficult to follow the thread during those high energy peaks. It's just easier to step back a bit and let things calm down.

Yeah it's kinda nuts. Direct hype needs to be studied, it almost feels like we see reactions similar to chemical addictions.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
King Zell said said Metroid Prime Trilogy might show up and another supposed insider said Animal Crossing will be there.
Omfg
The only game that has been directly suggested that it will be shown in the coming Direct is Metroid Prime Trilogy. There are a handful of titles that have been teased as potentially coming in 2019, though not necessarily announced in the Direct (you can find the full list in the OP).
Right on, thanks.

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
my god this thread moved fast...nintendo needs to announce the Direct for all of our sanity tbh
NeighboringMixedGerbil-max-1mb.gif

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I think when king zell said "13 is your lucky number," he was referring to this post talking about the announcement date. This makes me believe the direct is on the 14th.

14th is on Thursday which makes more sense I think. I swear most directs are on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.