• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody wanted to believe in Microsoft games coming to Switch. Well some of us did. My expectations are Microsoft and Nintendo will work on collaborations in the future to come to either system. In the meantime we'll get some old Microsoft games coming to Switch.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A couple things from Liam's latest podcast. He now says he could see Scalebound being revived and coming to Switch. He reached out to sources at Nintendo and there's rumors about it.

He also heard that Microsoft and Nintendo had discussions about making original games than can be on Xbox and Switch.

Oh cool so he's said both that it's not happening and could be happening he can declare him right either way.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
A bit off-topic but I'm currently going through Yo-Kai Watch on 3DS for the first time and I think this really encapsulates the graphical jump in between those two portable consoles (not that the 3DS screenshot is from an emulator with a higher native res, but I meant more the upgrade in terms of scale):
D13AaMgXQAAe3AA.png

D13AbE4XgAARb-O.jpg

I want to see more of those 3DS ips making the jump on Switch to witness how bigger in scale can they become.
I definitely was clear that YW4 was a beautiful game, but yeah, this shows the massive jump they've made. It's a MHW-tier jump, so it will be very interesting to see if it helps in generating a larger audience worldwide.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... both of those tidbits are interesting. In terms of Microsoft ports, we currently have Super Lucky's Tale, Ori and Cuphead specifically rumored, but those are just ports (ports that I would pick up in the case of the latter two, but ports nonetheless).

"Original games" is an interesting idea, but i'm not getting my hopes up for anything. I'm really just expecting ports (Rare Replay and/or MCC being the biggest releases we would get) from this "partnership", but I guess we'll see.

I think this is the beginning of the relationship. They bring MS games to Switch since MS wants to be a platform and they work on collaborations for future games just like Nintendo does with any third party company.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
A bit off-topic but I'm currently going through Yo-Kai Watch on 3DS for the first time and I think this really encapsulates the graphical jump in between those two portable consoles (not that the 3DS screenshot is from an emulator with a higher native res, but I meant more the upgrade in terms of scale):
D13AaMgXQAAe3AA.png

D13AbE4XgAARb-O.jpg

I want to see more of those 3DS ips making the jump on Switch to witness how bigger in scale can they become.
I definitely was clear that YW4 was a beautiful game, but yeah, this shows the massive jump they've made. It's a MHW-tier jump, so it will be very interesting to see if it helps in generating a larger audience worldwide.
If only Pokemon would follow suit...

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
While we are thinking in games, as King used the word «stuff», instead of a single game, he could be corroborating those Microsoft Game Pass (maybe only streaming) rumours on Switch?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
While we are thinking in games, as King used the word «stuff», instead of a single game, he could be corroborating those Microsoft Game Pass (maybe only streaming) rumours on Switch?
I read it as 'there's a lot of stuff coming, but I want to highlight one (the 'at least one') which would not be possible years ago.' Sounds more like a single game he's referring to instead of game pass. But maybe I'm reading something else into it than what was intended.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch is still paying for the Wii U's sins when it comes to Yakuza.

Even if the Wii U wasn't a failure, Yakuza 1&2 was a crap release. It was remasters of the PS2 games coming way after those remasters came to PS3 and with graphical downgrades.

It likely only happened because Nintendo was paying Sega for content.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it could be a combination of some of these

-N64 Mini with Rare games like Banjo, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye?
-Goldeneye Remake?
-Rare Replay to Switch?
-The new Battletoads comes to Switch
-MCC, Ori, Cuphead coming to Switch
-Gamepass coming to Switch
-future original collaborations

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the Wii U wasn't a failure, Yakuza 1&2 was a crap release. It was remasters of the PS2 games coming way after those remasters came to PS3 and with graphical downgrades.

It likely only happened because Nintendo was paying Sega for content.
No matter the reason, Nagoshi made it clear that he didn't see a future for the Yakuza on Switch because of it.

(I think a Yakuza 0 port in 2017 would have done great but what do I know).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That also rules out Banjo as it was possible. Rare had been quite supportive Nintendo handhelds, we got Viva Piñata in 2009.
That means it rules out any Microsoft IP in general since they were supporting Nintendo in the past...including Halo since that could've came to DS.

I'm being sarcastic because I don't agree with you.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I think it could be a combination of some of these

-N64 Mini with Rare games like Banjo, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye?
-Goldeneye Remake?
-Rare Replay to Switch?
-The new Battletoads comes to Switch
-MCC, Ori, Cuphead coming to Switch
-Gamepass coming to Switch
-future original collaborations
I would definitely cross Battletoads off the list. I don't think Zell would be hyping up that.

I'm feeling MCC, but deep down I just really want this to be Banjo-related (not just for the game that would come from it, but also for Smash).

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was this an official thing? Because literally every single western publisher ignored 3DS, Rare wasn't the only one.

Microsoft stopped with the DS way before the console was over. They refocused their development output towards their platforms. And no, not "every single western publisher ignored 3DS", it'd be nice if you could do some researches before saying wrong stuff.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would definitely cross Battletoads off the list. I don't think Zell would be hyping up that.

I'm feeling MCC, but deep down I just really want this to be Banjo-related (not just for the game that would come from it, but also for Smash).
Yeah I should clarify I didn't mean Battletoads was the "one game" he wanted to see reactions for. Battletoads is part of the "some stuff" in the overall package.

I'm assuming his whole "some stuff" is all Microsoft related with one game in particular he wants to see reactions for. Of course it may not all be MS related.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
So Microsoft and 3rd party Direct next wednesday then.

Awesome.

Not a fan of Halo personally, but might be fun to get back to it with my brothers for the lulz.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft stopped with the DS way before the console was over. They refocused their development output towards their platforms. And no, not "every single western publisher ignored 3DS", it'd be nice if you could do some researches before saying wrong stuff.

Hey, I'm exeggerating, of course I know we got couple of Ubisoft games and Fifas at the begining. And that Batman game.

Does he do like a mixture of trolling with stuff he actually believes? Lol or does he actually believe 90% of the stuff he says.

Can you people really not tell when I'm being sarcastic?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does E3 have to be 3 months always still! I imagine anything Microsoft and Nintendo related will wait for E3 to make the announcements.

Maybe something might come out of Microsoft at GDC this week?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I should clarify I didn't mean Battletoads was the "one game" he wanted to see reactions for. Battletoads is part of the "some stuff" in the overall package.

I'm assuming his whole "some stuff" is all Microsoft related with one game in particular he wants to see reactions for. Of course it may not all be MS related.
Oh, I see. I feel like he is specifically hinting at one thing with the Mario on PlayStation comment, could I could see a few of those outcomes happening (with Rare games on the N64 Classic seeming like a likely one).

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
That stupid (and probably wrong) Half-Life: Tactics rumor from the other day has me thinking about that franchise again, which is a REALLY bad thing in relation to Zell's post. It can't and won't be the game that you know i'm thinking about, but just can't get that thought out of my head.

Half Life 3 being exclusive to Switch would crack the gaming industry and probably shut down ERA due to the meltdowns of it being exclusive lol.

It's not going to be that though lol.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see King Zell finally confirm the release of Arcade Archives: Vs Slalom on Switch! The Rare IP everyone's been demanding, here at last.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what exclusive game could create the biggest nuclear meltdown on the internet. Half-Life 3? Final Fantasy XVI? Metal Gear Solid VI? GTA6?

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year, I don't think they'll fill it with already revealed games. Sure there will be trailers of them, but not much. New games will dominate it. My prediction:

- Opens with Pikmin 4 gameplay trailer. 2020 but trailer also says Pikmin Trilogy coming later this year.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Shows off X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. Release date.
- Next Ubisoft game. Could be anything but my guess is Mario x Rayman team up 3D platformer.
- Square is bringing KH 1.5 and 2.5 to Switch.
- Astral Chain. And... It's open world!!!
- The Witcher 3 trailer coming this fall.
- Rage 2, also coming this fall
- A short video shows off new Armored Pokémon
- The "Revived game". It's Star Wars 1313 with a new name, a collaboration between EA and Nintendo. Coming early next year.
- Animal Crossing. Ok, maybe not 20 minutes but it should be the longest trailer at E3.
- For closer: Microsoft. It's either Halo MCC or Rare Replay/Collection. Whatever it is, it'll get a Smash newcomer trailer following it.

There's also Retro game but I think it's better fit for Game Awards reveal for a 2020 launch. I think it's F-Zero.

Last E3 revealed games were dominate.
Also Pikmin Trilogy is not happening in any case, but Pikmin 3 port sound like sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.