• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddux

Jul 16, 2020
I mean i feel like they don't really care for this investors meeting maybe since they are selling so much without much games it might pass. Or the fact we are in a special situation this year.. But yea they will def have to, just weird why they are clinging to that last minute reveal. Are they preparing something still and the Direct is not ready to be shown?
My thoughts exactly, why the hell are they waiting up until the literal very last second to reveal what they have? That's gonna hurt them in the long run.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
+ Mother 3 and F Zero, actually you just missed it.
giphy.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the stop is either Animal Crossing update or Smash character

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Why'd we add like a bunch of pages real quick, same old stuff?

Anyway #tomorrow I think we'll get another mini soon

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
My thoughts exactly, why the hell are they waiting up until the literal very last second to reveal what they have? That's gonna hurt them in the long run.

Yea maybe they planned to reveal stuff just in September so instead of doing 2 directs in June/July and September they will do only 1 but in August ? Idkk..

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The interesting part about Captain's post is that it means he does know something is coming. If it is "another stop" I'm guessing it's another partner showcase, and I do hope that also means he knows a "main event" is actually coming.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Either way, Nintendo needs to actually say something soon. They have an investors meeting coming up (and I doubt they'd be happy with no new games coming), and Microsoft and Sony, despite limitations and delays from COVID, have still come out and given updates and done 1st-party reveals. Nintendo may not care about that, but the public and average player will.

Well Sony and MS had to, if the PS5 and XSX was releasing in 2021 I can tell you right now we would of gotten the same silence from them.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally losing faith in that 3D Collection even being real. It just seems too...Idk, too much like a fanmade dream/idea? Ordinarily we would laugh off about such a thing happening. I'm thinking this may be nearing the bin with Star Fox Racing.

3D World Deluxe, though, seems more like what Nintendo would do. That's the only part of the rumor I can see happening.

The same rumor which stated 3D collection and 3D World also said a new Paper Mario would release this year. And other Mario games.

Maddux

Jul 16, 2020
The same rumor which stated 3D collection and 3D World also said a new Paper Mario would release this year. And other Mario games.
Now the question lies what exactly those other ones were. One of them is either Mario Party 12 or Mario Sports (more likely Sports), and a new main-line, whether it be Odyssey 2 or the new 2D game that's in development.

Or Nintendo can just go "To hell with it" and do all of this.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My personal guess would be a partner showcase on or around August 23 followed by a general Nintendo one 1-2 weeks later.

I think the way they kept saying "the first" in regard to the partner showcase suggests it'll be somewhat regular. I could see it being where we get the long-overdue next Sonic game reveal, too.

Jan 11, 2018

That doesnt mean some parts of a rumor can't be true while others parts arent. I tend to belive the collection is real, though I think Galaxy 2 will be included. I also think its quite possible that the 3d World port won't include new content at all, but actually might include 3d Land. I could see three separate packages: 64 & sunshine, galaxy 1 & 2, and 3d land & world. I also don't think the Pikmin 3 port will include any new single player content. It just doesn't make sense when we know 4 is coming.

Im on team fake for the Prime Trilogy HD though.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
My personal guess would be a partner showcase on or around August 23 followed by a general Nintendo one 1-2 weeks later.

I think the way they kept saying "the first" in regard to the partner showcase suggests it'll be somewhat regular. I could see it being where we get the long-overdue next Sonic game reveal, too.
Agreed. I think there's definitely another Partners Presents in August. Maybe a first party game reveal over Twitter and definitely an Animal Crossing update before that.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That same rumor suggested that Paper Mario would be a "return to form", which the new game most emphatically wasn't.

Please no Paper Mario nonsense in this thread. The game is magnificent, probably better than either 64 or TTYD IMO.

That doesnt mean some parts of a rumor can't be true while others parts arent. I tend to belive the collection is real, though I think Galaxy 2 will be included. I also think its quite possible that the 3d World port won't include new content at all, but actually might include 3d Land. I could see three separate packages: 64 & sunshine, galaxy 1 & 2, and 3d land & world. I also don't think the Pikmin 3 port will include any new single player content. It just doesn't make sense when we know 4 is coming.

Im on team fake for the Prime Trilogy HD though.

Sure other stuff could be wrong, I was just responding to him saying the only part of the rumor he thinks was right was the 3D World part when the Paper Mario part clearly was too.

brutot08

Jun 18, 2020
Ibiza, Spain

Tbh, i've been waiting so long for Sonic news, that i'm immune to the pain rn. All the Nintendo fans don't know how it feels to dont have ANYTHING since Team Sonic Racing

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I have a hard time believing that we'll see a Mini Direct a few weeks (or less) before the general. It's more likely to be a Pokemon or an IndieWorld Direct.

I think that another partner showcase is more likely than another pokemon present, considering how many pokemon news we already got and how we should get info on other already announced third party games, like no more heroes, bravely default and maybe even unannounced but rumored games like twewy or mh

It would also make more sense to have it as an event separated from a general direct, considering how they promoted the partner showcase as the first event of a new series

Jan 11, 2018
Sure other stuff could be wrong, I was just responding to him saying the only part of the rumor he thinks was right was the 3D World part when the Paper Mario part clearly was too.

For sure. My predictions are just tales from my ass. I'm usually wrong anyway :p

Please no Paper Mario nonsense in this thread. The game is magnificent, probably better than either 64 or TTYD IMO.

I'm still working on the 4th streamer, but unless the game absolutely falls apart, I think it's as good as any Paper Mario they've ever done.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon is 3 years old now. It's time for Splatoon 3. I would guess this holiday's big game will be that if it's not delayed due to covid.

brutot08

Jun 18, 2020
Ibiza, Spain
Tbh, i've been waiting so long for Sonic news, that i'm immune to the pain rn. All the Nintendo fans don't know how it feels to dont have ANYTHING since Team Sonic Racing
The fact that Atlus i.e. Sega was a major part of the first Partners Showcase gives me hope!
I think it actually makes sense that they announce anything Sonic in there. It's not that weird, since it's not the first time Nintendo announcing something from Sonic, and it actually makes sense that they might take some advantage from the recent Sonic Movie 2 news

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
A collection of old Mario titles does not need months and months of hype and news or marketing focus. It'll be a big deal regardless of how close to release Nintendo leave the reveal. If anything over the last few months, I've realised how conditioned by hype and marketing most gamers are. So used to being led by the nose to The Next Big Thing that Nintendo's quiet approach this year keeps leading to hyperbole, despair and panic.

It doesnt, but Mario Collection is huge tittle in any case and I think Nintendo would want little more time than announcing in it August and releasing it month later, I expecting at least around 2 months from announcing to launch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.