• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just a gentle reminder that we are in the middle of a pandemic, so Nintendo probably doesn't want to commit to concrete dates yet. I'm concerned at the fact they haven't stated much about their first party lineup for holidays, but we shouldn't fall into despair. We will get news eventually.
Really? Completely forgot.

Or, I would if my favorite distraction wasn't a complete disaster in marketing.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Yup. I learned correctly.
J470BLo.jpg

Yeah, you really nailed it.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
we all got next level jebaited

as far as I'm concerned the people who kept beating the "no Direct" drum might as well have been right: believing in inside information and rumors is a waste of time and energy

phew this is weird man, couldn't have imagined this at all

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
This missed announcement might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would announce a direct but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew a direct was expected, they should've just done it.

Relax lol. It obviously sucks but it's not the end of the world.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I jokingly said that all I wanted was a Bravely Default 2 release date and didn't expect that might be nearly all i'm getting lmao

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This just feels so weird. They don't announce any other Mini Directs, that have new announcements, but announce this that is updates on all 3rd party stuff we know about??

Can't wait till most EU people wake up and see this dumpster fire
If they just shadow-dropped this in the middle of the current information drought it would have almost certainly ignited a shitstorm.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it'll be a series on minis instead of a concrete full direct. Either way the internet is gonna be unbearable lol

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
JESUS Ten mins long? You gotta be joking. How could nintendo be this silly by skipping E3 and not bothering to do any sort of similar announcement during the summer to hype people up, when we don't even know of any august-Dec games from them. They could have been at IGN or NGPE, but they just... didn't show. Are they even safe or OK? We only get scraps of info from the investor meetings and that has been it so far. Kinda worried...

They're doing real poor this year for sure, even compared to other companies that have been hit by the world delays. Either the virus came at literally worst case scenario for them, or the lack of E3 leaves them with no room to announce anything until a full direct can be produced.

Honestly stunned the third parties didn't just team up with NGPE to reveal more stuff there instead since I can't imagine much they could reveal only in a direct... So I guess I gotta hope for cool gaming compilation news or some exclusives. Thank god for my backlog, but this year is just a blur

Last edited:

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
All I can think about is one of my posts from the last thread.

Vuapol said:
I know we're in full hype mode and all but for those that don't want to get hurt the realistic minimum I would expect is:

Super Mario All Stars 2
Super Mario 3D World Deluxe
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Bravely Default II Release Date
One Additional First Party Announcement The Miracle ™

Anything beyond that is a bonus.

lmao

I hate this year.

Maybe the King just really hoped we liked Mario games!

Oh. Yeah. Right. He said that.

...what?

I'm so confused.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
JESUS Ten mins long? You gotta be joking. How could nintendo be this incompetent by skipping E3 and not bothering to do any sort of similar announcement during the summer to hype people up, when we don't even know of any august-Dec games from them

ffs. They're shitting the bed this year for sure. Honestly stunned the third parties didn't just team up with NGPE to reveal more stuff there instead since I can't imagine much they could reveal only in a direct... So I guess I gotta hope for cool gaming compilation news or cry
Dude. People are dying. We're in the middle of a pandemic. They're doing the best they can given the circumstances.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
If COVID fucked up Nintendo's plans this bad, they should just be transparent about it.

I mean they kind of have been? Didn't they say as much in their last presentation? And they haven't announced any new games post-Origami King. I don't know what more they could say, other than making a definitive singular statement about how COVID has impacted overall development schedules, which would be pretty un-Nintendo. The thing is that it's impacted games they haven't announced yet and they probably don't want to announce them in the context of "this won't be coming out for a while because of how covid has affected development".

Method

Oct 25, 2017
This is just sad as a Nintendo fan now. I really am enjoying my time with paper Mario but damn. No dated first party new games from after pm to who knows when? Dafuq man

switchum

Feb 3, 2020
Absolutely embarrassing Nintendo.

still very grateful to our insiders for letting us know something was coming. :)

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
No first party news is disappointing but at least it looks like there will be a series of Mini Directs so here's hoping there's a first party one soon

Nanoiz

Feb 25, 2020
i dont know what nintendo is doing anymore, ill just sleep and hope something good happens during those 10 minutes lmao

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
We sat here debating general vs mini direct for hours. The real question is what's the difference between a mini and a micro?

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
As mentioned before, it's clear that Nintendo's feeling the impacts of the pandemic worse than the other console makers. And given that they don't have a new system to push out this year, they seem to prefer waiting until they can absolutely guarantee a release date before announcing anything right now. We're in unprecedented times right now. So while not knowing what's coming in the next few months does suck, it's understandable given the circumstances.
Just a gentle reminder that we are in the middle of a pandemic, so Nintendo probably doesn't want to commit to concrete dates yet. I'm concerned at the fact they haven't stated much about their first party lineup for holidays, but we shouldn't fall into despair. We will get news eventually.

I agree. Nintendo is being conservative as hell right now, they want to make sure games are locked in for release with no chance of delay before talking about them.

I'm cautiously optimistic about what they'll show tomorrow.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This missed announcement might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would announce a direct but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew a direct was expected, they should've just done it.
Bravo.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If the Direct in Japan focuses on the Famicon Detective Club remake, the English version might be even shorter than 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.