• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be brutally honest: I'm bummed out. I don't think they're gonna show anything that interests me (small hope for Silksong, but not expecting it).

Regardless, I'm happy for Kelios, he truly delivered. Mon homme!

same, it may not be what we wanted, but kelios was right about their being a direct, and right about the timing of the announcement. Still, this really fucking blows. I think we would have been less dissapointed if this was a shadowdrop. I think two factors are to blame, us as a community treating baseless, to-good -to-be -true rumors, as gospel, and nintendo not knowing how to read a room, while probably being increasingly uncertain about what, if anything, they are actually going to be able to release this year. Honestly....i wouldnt be surprised if more first party games this year was actually just entirely out of the cards this year, and they are relying on indies and third parties to make up that slack.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Imagine how pathetic it would be for Xbox to be able to have two Nintendo IPs and that they were Bayonetta and F-Zero, lol.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
I'm feeling maybe:

– Mini Partners in July
– Mini Mario in September
– Maybe another Mini Partners in September

Why do they split these up? Hell if I know. I think I speak on behalf of everybody that I'd prefer a big Direct instead of a bunch of minis, but whatever.
To not let Mario things overshadow the other games. This is what I think we will get:

- Nintendo Threehouse: Live (August 2020)
- Nintendo mini Partner Showcase (August 2020)
- Nintendo Direct (September 2020) + Threehouse live

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
While the Xbox Bayo 3/F-Zero rumour is 99.9% bullshit, I'm kinda amazed at how presumptuous one would have to be to seriously entertain the idea. As if something like that could be taken for granted.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
While the Xbox Bayo 3/F-Zero rumour is 99.9% bullshit, I'm kinda amazed at how presumptuous one would have to be to seriously entertain the idea. As if something like that could be taken for granted.
I think many people just look at Ori, Cuphead, Banjo in Smash and the Halo on Switch rumor and think "If Nintendo fans get things from Microsoft then we Xbox users also deserve things back from Nintendo"

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
So now we're thinking September is the next real Direct? Dang, a lot can change in one day I suppose. Does Nintendo really not have any games for August/September?

Jun 2, 2019
This is Switch's worst year.

I'm starting to doubt 3D Mario Collection and Metroid Prime Trilogy are real. I have no hope there will be more exciting third party games after this awful year. All I want now is Zelda BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Hollow Knight Silksong.

I just hope Metroid Prime 4 won't be cancelled.

DDark

Jul 13, 2020
"UGH fine, 10 minutes, lights off, no first party stuff"
🤣

I only have a small question out of this

This Direct Mini is "the first of a series". Will the next ones show 3rd party only games again? Or can we FINALLY not put low expectations on the table?
All future Directs will only show third party games. The next in the series is the Xbox event on the 23rd where the Mario Collection will be announced.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the collective news in the last 8 hours? Definitely third party?

I only have a small question out of this

This Direct Mini is "the first of a series". Will the next ones show 3rd party only games again? Or can we FINALLY not put low expectations on the table?

Third party games, and the second in this series won't appear until October

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think many people just look at Ori, Cuphead, Banjo in Smash and the Halo on Switch rumor and think "If Nintendo things get things from Microsoft then we Xbox users also deserve things back from Nintendo"
I remember people on this forum being 100% sure when that Miyamoto dumb rumor on Microsoft E3 that they were going to announce BOTW for Xbox.

Starvald

Mar 24, 2020
I think Nintendo will keep this Mini Directs for partner showcases but will announce the rest on twitter or on a dedicated video (like they did with Arms)

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Just woke up, gotta say that I was wrong, it wasn't a big Mini, it's a small Mini. Right Bandage ? ;)

Good to see that Kelios confirmed that he's even more reliable than previously thought though, with the surprise announcement time.
That also confirms that insiders still don't know whether a Direct will be a Mini or a General though.
To be fair, this isn't what any of us were expecting based on what we know is coming out.
This is such an out of left field announcement.
All the more reason I tell people not to use Nintendo's past to predict their future.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
I will no longer wait for a direct. I'll take what they give me and I will wait for further announcements.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Imagine how pathetic it would be for Xbox to be able to have two Nintendo IPs and that they were Bayonetta and F-Zero, lol.
Microsoft : "alright we want to put Halo and Banjo on Switch, but what do we have in return ?"
Nintendo : "how about The Wonderful 101 Remaster ?"
Microsoft : "wait, but..."
Nintendo : "it's not on Xbox as far as I know"

Christo750

May 10, 2018
A lot people say 2016 was bad however...if you were a 3DS user, it was amazing: Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second, Monster Hunter Generations, Zero Escape 3 and Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice to name a few.
For as good of games as those years had, they also were padded with a lot of bad stuff. Especially 2014-onward. You get used to half-hearted 3rd party cash grabs on Nintendo systems but Nintendo's own games were the ultimate filler. Didn't feel good.

DDark

Jul 13, 2020
I will no longer wait for a direct. I'll take what they give me and I will wait for further announcements.
That's a great outlook to have, I think.

Nintendo is a video games company. They're going to continue to make and announce games. (And as we learned last night, on their own terms, and their own time.)

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I think many people just look at Ori, Cuphead, Banjo in Smash and the Halo on Switch rumor and think "If Nintendo fans get things from Microsoft then we Xbox users also deserve things back from Nintendo"
Yeah, but with MS to Switch there is precedent. The other way around is wishful thinking and probably a sprinkle of fanboying, too.
MS is the one that wants to spread out to as many platforms as possible here. Thus both already profit from the current relationship they've established.
Nintendo games on Xbox, though - that has no basis in fact whatsoever.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
The only "big game" I can think of outside of BD2 that fits the description is NMH3.

Also that Rogue Company tweet seems to imply it'll feature in the direct.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020

What do you not understand lol.

oh I know other stuff is coming. The timing is just odd.

Yea their timing is really odd and I would even say bad. They have trouble with their planning sometimes and I just see already this 10 min direct will probably get mass dislike. I won't, I dont mind but thank God we have leaks of other stuff for this year and next year cause otherwise... YIKES.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I would love an FZero SX releasing on both Switch and Xbox.
I personnally believe thta Microsoft is done releasing important titles on Switch; it wasn't a bootycall, but not much more than a fling. But I would very much welcome more collaborations between both, especially now that Microsoft has bought some interesting developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.