• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
It is a little impressive that they made an 8 minute presentation and half of it was still boring filler but Cadence DLC and physical is nice, SMT V getting anything is very nice, an ATLUS worldwide release is incredibly nice and Nocturne HD is amazing

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
this was by far the worst Nintendo direct but like...I think most people expected that to be the case lol. not too surprising. now we just...gotta wait for a general.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Well played Nintendo. I wasn't expecting anything major until late September because of the great sales of the switch so seeing SMTV was a cool surprise.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
That was embarrassing. Zero first-party released on the schedule at this point to go ahead and compete with not one but two new consoles.

Nintendo is too damn big of a company to have this happen.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure but they did a very good job setting expectations for this with that tweet. I wasn't expecting a new game announcement (SMTIII) and certainly not a look at such a big game (SMTV).

Same but I can't help that the reception for these two announcements would have been much better in a proper Direct. Wonder if Atlus pushed for this.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed at the lack of NMH3 but I figured it's really looking like a 2021 title at this rate.

I imagine the lack of Bravely Default 2 as well suggests that maybe Nintendo wants to keep both those titles close to their chest, they were huge headliners at last year's TGA after all and probably a little too big for an 8 minute shadow drop. Maybe we'll see them at Nintendo's next presentation.

Anyway the Cadence DLC is a nice surprise and HOLY SHIT SMT

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
How the hell did all of you see Nintendo's expectation-tempering tweet last night with your own eyes, yet some of you still came out disappointed? My expectations were Bravely Default II, WWE, and Rogue Company, not anything Zelda or SMT!

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
8 minutes of my life I will never get back
I skipped through it in under a minute and was still disappointed.

How the hell did all of you see Nintendo's expectation-tempering tweet last night with your own eyes, yet some of you still came out disappointed? My expectations were Bravely Default II, WWE, and Rogue Company, not anything Zelda or SMT!
Imagine how dire the situation is (and for how long it has been like this) if we're still disappointed after knowing that we're in for disappointment.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Well...

Where do we go from here? That must be the worst 'direct' by a country mile. I'm happy for those who got something out of it.

But wow - awful. I expected nothing and am actually shocked at how bad it was.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the japanese one was more interesting.

Par on the course with Directs, there's nothing for those who didn't like what was shown.
What I honestly expected as all these games were previously announced a long time ago

hollow silk song/ gleamligh/dreamscaper / blue fire / baldo / last campfire/ eldest soul

what I got

nothing.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah. I don't really get what they aimed to achieve here. SMT fans will obviously be thrilled and I might give that series a go in 2021. I'm a huge Zelda fan and liked Cadence, but getting an expansion and a physical release a year later isn't exactly amazing news - it's nice, sure, but let's see what the pricing is. If they'd given fans a clear idea of the next event - even just saying "We'll have more next month!" - I think I'd feel a bit better.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...I guess I might enjoy Rogue Company?

Damn, serotonin levels surrounding Switch really do be dropping, though

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i swear there would be people disappointed if BOTW 2 was announced during this.

SMT V getting a legit trailer during an 8 min mini is about as much as a megaton you could ask for right now. We've been waiting since the launch of the switch for this

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Expecting a more traditional, first-party Direct any week now. Nintendo seems to be taking things very cautiously and carefully; not sharing too much, not committing to too many things that are far away. Looks like when they are ready to show their first-party stuff for the next 6-9 months, they don't want to have to also talk about all of these second & third party titles.

Sep 29, 2019
They've changed everything, what the fuck is the marketing area doing ???
Nintendo is literally in an internal mess lately, to be honest. It is pretty clear they are doing last time adjustments. Please ignore any mean or rude stuff you might have to read because of angry people not understanding how messy Nintendo is right now! Thank you for your info too. :)

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
That sure didn't justify a direct at all imo. They could've kept the biggest announcement (SMT III HD & SMT V) for a bigger direct and simply release the trailers directly for the rest.
Last time we got a Mini direct it was actually surprisingly good imo. They should have shadowdropped this one and not the previous one actually.

SiGuy

Feb 25, 2020
405 days. As a non-JRPG player It has been 405 days whole days since Nintendo has dropped anything substantial. You wake up, go to work, eat 3 meals, go to bed. 405 times. How long must we wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.