• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I'm guessing you also haven't had an update on 3D Mario collection announcement/release?

Im not thinking the announcement of that will be tied to a direct at this point, are you?

A Mario game is slated for September. Beyond that, no specifics to share.

Do you think there is potential for a franchise specific direct like a Mario Direct where they could show off some of the 35th anny stuff in August?
Sure.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I am strongly in the boat that if we don't get a real direct by October 15th there's isn't one coming this year

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if 3D World releases in the holiday of another generation of Playstation and Xbox but sell incredibly well now.
I'll admit I wasn't keen on the idea of a followup to 3d land (because it blows), but dammit if 3d world wasn't one of my favorite 3d platformers ever. It deserves a second chance more than nsmbu or w101 at least.

Jun 29, 2020
Covid times are tough on development. All Nintendo has to do is just release Mario 64 HD and upscaled package of Ocarina / Majora 3D on switch. It'll sell like crazy and not cost a lot of development time.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit I wasn't keen on the idea of a followup to 3d land (because it blows), but dammit if 3d world wasn't one of my favorite 3d platformers ever. It deserves a second chance more than nsmbu or w101 at least.
I remember coming out of the E3 it was revealed and being so bummed. Then they had a trailer out later in the year that showed off way more and it looked good and when it finally came out my roommates and I played the shit out of it.

Feb 21, 2018
What if the 3D Mario collection isn't happening and we're getting 3D World in September followed by just Mario Kart X in November? Maybe the collection was leak bait.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Covid times are tough on development. All Nintendo has to do is just release Mario 64 HD and upscaled package of Ocarina / Majora 3D on switch. It'll sell like crazy and not cost a lot of development time.
OoT/MM collection would be such a pleasant , and unexpected surprise. I'd buy it on day one. OoT is one of my favorite games of all time.

Oct 25, 2017

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
What if the 3D Mario collection isn't happening and we're getting 3D World in September followed by just Mario Kart X in November? Maybe the collection was leak bait.

What if the collection is all the New Super Mario Brother games beside NSMBU deluxe. And the leakers thought it was 3D because the sources in Nintendo conveniently forgot to mention the "3D 2d series" in their report?

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I'd also bet on the Holiday title being a price cut (Bundle so actual price cut) with a few complete editions* of major Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Smash, Splatoon) and Ringfit

*DLC not on disk but rather a one use code

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
If a Mario game is slated for September, which also happens to be the 35th anniversary month, we've gotta hear about it this week right??

Lmao who am I kidding January 2021 Direct full steam ahead

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I'd also bet on the Holiday title being a price cut (Bundle so actual price cut) with a few complete editions* of major Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Smash, Splatoon) and Ringfit

*DLC not on disk but rather a one use code

I loved Splatoon 2 demo but a Definitive Edition would be exactly what gets me to buy it, tbh (as someone who prefers physical, I'd rather have a physical version of the meatier single player for Splatoon)

I mean, I'll take a Nintendo Selects version that I could download the DLC to but I won't say no to a version that included Octo Expansion on the cart.

....I'm gonna be waiting a while aren't I?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EPD 4 could have more single player dlc for Ringfit this year. They have something new every year since Switch released.

RealDealRusty

Jan 8, 2019
Anyone else wishing Nintendo would drop some smaller new titles in between releases? Love the ports because they let me catch up on games I missed or replay favorites, but sometimes I feel like the Switch is going to be defined by those ports. I know the big titles take time, but feel like Nintendo's weirder eShop reales have stalled since the 3DS and Wii U.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
I don't really keep up with rumors, is the Metroid Prime Trilogy thing not happening this year? Is it happening ever? I'm asking because I have the Trilogy on my Wii but it plays terribly and if there's a Switch version coming, I'd rather play it on my Lite (only played Prime 1 for like an hour).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really keep up with rumors, is the Metroid Prime Trilogy thing not happening this year? Is it happening ever? I'm asking because I have the Trilogy on my Wii but it plays terribly and if there's a Switch version coming, I'd rather play it on my Lite (only played Prime 1 for like an hour).
It won't be coming this year. It has a better chance of coming next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.