• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
One minute Era is collectively trashing the Shadow the Hedgehog remake, the next thing every in-development Nintendo game is sighted in Brazil. This place is Wild.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly if Lockhart is $300 or under I think there's a good chance it'll be my first Xbox. I'm not sure what discussion is about the pricing though. Feels like it'd be a neat console alongside my Switch.
I actually think the same. It's a great deal and an easy companion for the Switch. But I still don't know because it hasn't been officially announced yet lol That and I like some Sony exclusives.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
• Keeping up with the last point, PH Brazil also added on his tweet that "Other releases that Nintendo is preparing until the first half of 2021 include the 3D Collection of Mario games and new Metroid and Fire Emblem titles. *[Coelho says he is not sure if the stuff that PH Brazil said has any correlation with what his insider told him, but it could possibly be related.]

I want to believe.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Expectations vs Reality...

4amujg.jpg
this is gold lol

they just have too much money to make new games

Jan 2, 2018
I might have to move it up on my list. For some reason I thought it was the horse bike, and some masks to make the game easier.

Nah, it's also that, but more important:

DLC Pack 1 adds The Trial of the Sword, Master Mode, Hero's Path Mode, the travel medallion, and new armor. DLC Pack 2 includes The Champions' Ballad, nine armors you can find while treasure hunting, and an ancient bridle and saddle.

The Trial of the Sword is pretty cool, with a nice reward.
And The Champion's Ballad is additional story content, which is really cool, with the best dungeon and boss of the game.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me the rundown on what transpired over the last three or so hours? What was shared here? This thread moves so fast.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Brazillian Youtuber "Coelho do Japão" just recently posted a video talking about an insider/source that has been contacting him and he pretty much addressed what he got right, what he got wrong and what the insider said could be coming into the future, so here is a bit tl;dr for the ~23 minute, it has A LOTTTT of info:

*Good to remember that the insider isn't 100% reliable! Take everything with a grain of salt [and don't blame the Youtuber, he DOES say he does not trust 100% this "insider", but that he did say some stuff that actually happened.] - By the way, my translation is not 100%, of course, and i did not translate EVERYTHING because some stuff was very confusing. But the stuff i translated should be for the most part correctly translated. I will be linking the video though, if anyone needs to take their own conclusions.

CORRECT:
• The correct date and hour of the latest Mini Direct.

• Something about Zelda showing up soon (and not necessarily a new Zelda) *[This did happen in some form, we got Cadence of Hyrule DLC. Coelho does not mention this in the video though, but it's good to remember] **[Also, there were the OoT trademarks in Australia.]

• A sudden announcement next to Sony's State of Play *[Pikmin 3 Deluxe got announced yesterday.]

Things the "insider" rumored:
• A possible announcement in August anywhere from the 10th (he did not specify if it was a Direct or not) *[This is MY input on the situation, but if we are to take that both the other insider guy and this insider are correct, something is probably getting announced between August 10th and 17th.]

• There is a 2D Metroid being developed by a Spanish company. *[Coelho also mentions on his video that another person that knew about the Mini Direct's date, PH Brazil, hinted about a possible 2D Metroid that, in his words, "The new Metroid i am referring to is going to build up from what the last game for 3DS did."

• "After Pikmin 3, there are still good things to come." *[Coelho also mentions another tweet by PH Brazil, in which he says "After Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World is going to be the next game to be rescued from the Wii U." He also mentions Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Zelda remasters from Wii U, however, it is unclear if PH Brazil meant they are coming to the Switch or if he is just say those are the remaining games that could possibly be coming from the Wii U.]

• Keeping up with the last point, PH Brazil also added on his tweet that "Other releases that Nintendo is preparing until the first half of 2021 include the 3D Collection of Mario games and new Metroid and Fire Emblem titles. *[Coelho says he is not sure if the stuff that PH Brazil said has any correlation with what his insider told him, but it could possibly be related.]

• A new F-Zero game is coming *******[It's VERY important to note that the insider told Coelho about the F-Zero game BEFORE the fake F-Zero account showed up on Twitter. So apparently a new F-Zero game is being developed ever since 2017 by Bandai Namco and is going to include story mode, customization and an online mode, and is being prepared for 2020.

• Apparently Retro Studios is working on two Metroid Prime games, and that is why they are employing so many new people. This would explain why Retro was still employing people for story - It does not necessarily mean they are employing people to write story for Metroid Prime 4, but it could be for MP5 [or another spin-off MP game]

• Square Enix is working on an exclusive KH game for the Switch, that apparently had its development intended for the 3DS, but they stopped the development for 3DS and rebooted the game, this time developing it for the Switch.

• Apparently, Nintendo allowed Donkey Kong to be used by an indie company to make a new game (just like Cadence of Hyrule.)

• A new Mario Strikers is being developed and it is quite far in development, but something happened in the plans and the game got delayed in its announcement/release (the insider also apparently said he is 100% sure a new Mario Strikers is happening).

• In February, the insider received the info that BoTW2 could be seeing a release in November, being the game that Nintendo is most focused on in 2020 [in terms of marketing; this is their big/holiday game.] And the name of the game is being reported "The Legend of Zelda: Prince's Madness"; he does mention however that this is the name that is being given in the beta and could possibly only be a temporary title, and not actually the title of the game *[Coelho also mentions he does not buy into this at all.] **[The insider also says that the title and date could have possibly changed, since the information was received in February of 2020.] ***[Monolith Soft is also apparently helping Nintendo to finish BoTW2, and he also mentions that they are working on another Zelda project, but they don't know if it is a remaster or a port.]

--------------------------------------------
Also, a bit about the insider:
He does not work for Nintendo, but has close friends that work inside Nintendo, he also is not from Brazil. Coelho also says the insider tells him stuff because he likes him.

I also want to note that these are NOT coming from Coelho but an insider. If any of these come out as incorrect, please do not hate on him. He said HIMSELF that he feels like this insider is not that reliable and that a lot of the stuff he says is far-fetched. So do not put the blame on him!
-------------------------------------------
My input: I do not buy into... a lot of this stuff. It is not Coelho's fault though, he is just reporting what he heard about. But this giant amount of information from multiple projects inside a company seems unlikely, unless it is someone from extremely high up i think? I do not think this insider is 100% lying, but he is most likely either guessing stuff or just really blaffing. EDIT: Forgot to insert the video link, sorry! Here it is.
So if he is not lying this is like third-hand info lol

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
• A new F-Zero game is coming *******[It's VERY important to note that the insider told Coelho about the F-Zero game BEFORE the fake F-Zero account showed up on Twitter. So apparently a new F-Zero game is being developed ever since 2017 by Bandai Namco and is going to include story mode, customization and an online mode, and is being prepared for 2020.

• Apparently Retro Studios is working on two Metroid Prime games, and that is why they are employing so many new people. This would explain why Retro was still employing people for story - It does not necessarily mean they are employing people to write story for Metroid Prime 4, but it could be for MP5 [or another spin-off MP game]
This is bullshit but I believe it

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I think that if there is an indie world, then there is a mini direct soon after.

Jeff can you look into how we literally do not know anything about Donkey Kongs father? I feel like this is a serious often overlooked issue in gaming. Where is he? Did Mario kill him after the events of DK jr?

I'll take my royalty check after you get the pulitzer from this

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know for sure. But the one thing I've heard about something that is possibly in the works makes it sound like it's not an indie world. This is kinda how it went in March. I heard something, then heard it could be an indie thing, but attached games I heard about weren't indie, and then it all kinda fell into place: an Indie World one week and then the Mini Direct the next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see August basically repeat that.

Jul 14, 2020
The Switch successor is so intriguing. I'm very curious to see what comes. It really, they've got a golden recipe right now with the Switch. Better display (in handheld and docked mode), longer battery, and perhaps a VR option would be great. If they can get Switch 2 to PS4 level graphics (or thereabouts), they'd have a winning strategy. (This DLSS 2.0 news seems promising.) There's a point where graphics aren't going to matter because they can't get any better.

But the thing Nintendo really has going for it is their game development. PS is catching up with their exclusives, but really, there's nothing like a first-party exclusive from Nintendo.

Nintendo is the king in making unexpected moves, and it's a coin flip if it will turn out for the better or for the worse. PlayStation has taken the crown by improving and reiterating their PlayStation platform, well Nintendo has tried something new almost every single generation, and they have for the most part flopped.

I think that the Wii was somewhat a flop as well, despite all the commercial success they had at the time, because they disregarded the core gamer. We can see that in the low attached rates of key franchises, and they failed to successfully launch the next console; soccer moms who played Wii sports did not buy a Wii U.

It's feel like they prioritize novelty over being better. Sometimes it feels like they want to build as weak of a console as possible just to prove a point.

Nintendo is the single largest video game developer for consoles in the world, and one after key missteps - beyond hardware - is releasing to few games to support the launch of the consoles.

Clearly, they aimed to resolve this by combining their Home console and handheld divisions into a single platform, which is how we got the switch. However they could have done so much more along the way, including acquiring other studios. They are in a net cash position and they should not need it.

I hope they step up at their M&A activity because if Sony and Microsoft close the gap between Nintendo and their ability to produce interesting first party exclusive games, Nintendo will have a more difficult time.

I hope they listen when they are told this message, but it could fall on deaf ears.

POE_001

Banned
Sep 5, 2018
C.Tsubasa

Im going to ask one little last thing to you Captain, and then i swear i wont bother anymore.

Do yo actually know "what" is that big event you are talking about? (not the nindies).
I mean, do you know if it is a Mini, a Partners Showcase or a General Direct? Or you know there wiill be something but dont know exactly what?

Just answer Yes or No.

Thank you sensei :)

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I think that if there is an indie world, then there is a mini direct soon after.
I love your avatar.
I actually think the same. It's a great deal and an easy companion for the Switch. But I still don't know because it hasn't been officially announced yet lol That and I like some Sony exclusives.
I guess waiting for its confirmed existence is a pretty solid idea haha. Yeah, I really loved a lot of the PS4 exclusives. I'll definitely pick up a PS5, but probably in a few years when it's a fair bit cheaper. Or maybe I'll end up waiting for a Pro Model. Or PS6 with PS5 backwards compatibility. Or...

Sep 29, 2019
I don't know for sure. But the one thing I've heard about something that is possibly in the works makes it sound like it's not an indie world. This is kinda how it went in March. I heard something, then heard it could be an indie thing, but attached games I heard about weren't indie, and then it all kinda fell into place: an Indie World one week and then the Mini Direct the next week. I wouldn't be surprised to see August basically repeat that.
This makes perfect sense honestly. Seems like Nintendo wants to make some smaller events (Partner Showcases, Indie World) before anything big, if there is anything big in the year, after all.

Jan 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing, we really appreciate that!

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Brazillian Youtuber "Coelho do Japão" just recently posted a video talking about an insider/source that has been contacting him and he pretty much addressed what he got right, what he got wrong and what the insider said could be coming into the future, so here is a bit tl;dr for the ~23 minute, it has A LOTTTT of info:

*Good to remember that the insider isn't 100% reliable! Take everything with a grain of salt [and don't blame the Youtuber, he DOES say he does not trust 100% this "insider", but that he did say some stuff that actually happened.] - By the way, my translation is not 100%, of course, and i did not translate EVERYTHING because some stuff was very confusing. But the stuff i translated should be for the most part correctly translated. I will be linking the video though, if anyone needs to take their own conclusions.

CORRECT:
• The correct date and hour of the latest Mini Direct.

• Something about Zelda showing up soon (and not necessarily a new Zelda) *[This did happen in some form, we got Cadence of Hyrule DLC. Coelho does not mention this in the video though, but it's good to remember] **[Also, there were the OoT trademarks in Australia.]

• A sudden announcement next to Sony's State of Play *[Pikmin 3 Deluxe got announced yesterday.]

Things the "insider" rumored:
• A possible announcement in August anywhere from the 10th (he did not specify if it was a Direct or not) *[This is MY input on the situation, but if we are to take that both the other insider guy and this insider are correct, something is probably getting announced between August 10th and 17th.]

• There is a 2D Metroid being developed by a Spanish company. *[Coelho also mentions on his video that another person that knew about the Mini Direct's date, PH Brazil, hinted about a possible 2D Metroid that, in his words, "The new Metroid i am referring to is going to build up from what the last game for 3DS did."

• "After Pikmin 3, there are still good things to come." *[Coelho also mentions another tweet by PH Brazil, in which he says "After Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World is going to be the next game to be rescued from the Wii U." He also mentions Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Zelda remasters from Wii U, however, it is unclear if PH Brazil meant they are coming to the Switch or if he is just say those are the remaining games that could possibly be coming from the Wii U.]

• Square Enix is working on an exclusive KH game for the Switch, that apparently had its development intended for the 3DS, but they stopped the development for 3DS and rebooted the game, this time developing it for the Switch.

• Apparently, Nintendo allowed Donkey Kong to be used by an indie company to make a new game (just like Cadence of Hyrule.)

• A new Mario Strikers is being developed and it is quite far in development, but something happened in the plans and the game got delayed in its announcement/release (the insider also apparently said he is 100% sure a new Mario Strikers is happening).

• In February, the insider received the info that BoTW2 could be seeing a release in November, being the game that Nintendo is most focused on in 2020 [in terms of marketing; this is their big/holiday game.] And the name of the game is being reported "The Legend of Zelda: Prince's Madness"; he does mention however that this is the name that is being given in the beta and could possibly only be a temporary title, and not actually the title of the game *[Coelho also mentions he does not buy into this at all.] **[The insider also says that the title and date could have possibly changed, since the information was received in February of 2020.] ***[Monolith Soft is also apparently helping Nintendo to finish BoTW2, and he also mentions that they are working on another Zelda project, but they don't know if it is a remaster or a port.]

--------------------------------------------
Also, a bit about the insider:
He does not work for Nintendo, but has close friends that work inside Nintendo, he also is not from Brazil. Coelho also says the insider tells him stuff because he likes him.

I also want to note that these are NOT coming from Coelho but an insider. If any of these come out as incorrect, please do not hate on him. He said HIMSELF that he feels like this insider is not that reliable and that a lot of the stuff he says is far-fetched. So do not put the blame on him!
-------------------------------------------
My input: I do not buy into... a lot of this stuff. It is not Coelho's fault though, he is just reporting what he heard about. But this giant amount of information from multiple projects inside a company seems unlikely, unless it is someone from extremely high up i think? I do not think this insider is 100% lying, but he is most likely either guessing stuff or just really blaffing. EDIT: Forgot to insert the video link, sorry! Here it is.

If this somehow ended up being true, what's with Bandai Namco working on Nintendo projects lately? Smash, Pokemon Snap, now F-Zero?

Not sure if this is a hint or actual info. Shit.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff can you look into how we literally do not know anything about Donkey Kongs father? I feel like this is a serious often overlooked issue in gaming. Where is he? Did Mario kill him after the events of DK jr?

I don't know anything about anything, and I would stop asking questions if I were you.

Jul 31, 2020

Donkey Kong as we know him today, is in fact Donkey Kong Jr. Meaning Cranky Kong is the original DK.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I'm very very ok with this.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
thnks for the info.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I just treat FEH Channels as my Nintendo Direct replacement these days. At least we actually get those, and on a fairly consistent basis. Plus two of them this month means double the fun.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I love your avatar.

I guess waiting for its confirmed existence is a pretty solid idea haha. Yeah, I really loved a lot of the PS4 exclusives. I'll definitely pick up a PS5, but probably in a few years when it's a fair bit cheaper. Or maybe I'll end up waiting for a Pro Model. Or PS6 with PS5 backwards compatibility. Or...
Unfortunately I don't trust Sony with backwards compatibility :/

Status
Not open for further replies.