• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Huh. Weird. I don't think that this means two General Directs or that the one on Friday is getting cancelled. Maybe a Mario Presentation on the 35th Anniversary?
This is possible - Nate said that there was a possibility the Mario Collection would be announced, rather than released, in September, so it would line up pretty well.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck I had just resigned myself to believing there is no Switch Pro and now I have to get hyped again?

There was always going to be a Pro version if the Switch successor wasn't coming before the end of 2023, though with covid I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo tentatively shifted everything in their strategy by 6-12 months.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I mean, if insiders start to suspect this thing's going to be a Partner Showcase, it would probably behoove them to say so sooner rather than later, so as to get out ahead of the inevitable outrage.

... Not that it will help them, I guess. Nintendo fans will be ravenous either way, with it so close to the Prophesied Date.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was interpreting that as "there's something interesting slated for September in the upcoming Direct", but the Partner now/General later reading makes sense too.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Partner Direct would not be interesting (unless it was like 40 minutes of brand new big game announcements).

So I don't think so.
EDIT: nvm, misunderstood where you were coming from.

We know more Partner Showcases are coming so I am still worried that's what the 28th will be despite all the 'last stop' talk.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Maybe September will have a partner? It'd be weird to not have another partner as iirc it was supposed to be a series of directs?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
The new report definitely tracks with insiders saying this was always gonna be a light year on new stuff. Count me in for new hardware.

If it's nx-abcd, VR might be a possibility? Weird if we see this before nx-abcb though.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
People taking that post to mean we're getting a Partner Showcase this week are jumping to conclusions. Definitely a reach.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Grubb has been saying they have some sort of news on Friday but may not be a direct with another event in mid September

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Uh, maybe this is related to the rumor about a new Switch version. Thanks for the tip, as usual!
2021 could be really a "remake" of 2017, with a lot of new games, and hopefully BotW2 releasing alongside with the new Switch.
Nintendo isn't going to announce hardware for 2021 ahead of the 2020 holiday shopping season.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
People taking that post to mean we're getting a Partner Showcase this week are jumping to conclusions. Definitely a reach.
The phrasing that September will be interesting "too" really leads me to believe that Cap heard something in addition to what he already knows, not something that would contradict it, so I'm inclined to agree.

for the millionth time Nothing changed about Friday plans.
And indeed, Cap swoops in for the reassurance. Very nice!

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
ERA: "NATE, CAP, DO THE THING!"

NATE/CAP: *sigh* "Nothing has changed. Now stop asking"

ERA: *cheers* "REASSURANCE!"

*two hours later*

NATE/CAP: *sigh*

Oct 25, 2017
for the millionth time Nothing changed about Friday plans.
ba04c90e6beaf271adb2e9dc9d383aad.gif

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

NATE/CAP: *sigh* "Nothing has changed. Now stop asking"

ERA: *cheers* "REASSURANCE!"

*two hours later*

NATE/CAP: *sigh*
I mean. It is a speculation thread. Interpreting and analysing vague hints and how they may change our interpretation of what's to come is part of the fun.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I find it interesting that Nintendo hasn't really made a new IP that's character driven with a set protagonist for a while.

Splatoon and Ring Fit use customisable avatars, ARMS is an ensemble cast.

I guess the closest would be Xenoblade but even that takes the Fire Emblem approach of a new cast for each game.

Like they haven't tried to make a new Mario, Link, Kirby etc character since like.... Pikmin with Olimar, who wasn't even the protagonist in 3 anyway lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.