Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
In my opinion, third parties have (broadly speaking) been pants-on-head stupid about Nintendo since the days of the Wii. Nintendo delivered a fresh audience for a sold-out system packed with potential for new gameplay experiences and lower development costs compared to the competition, and the best third parties could do were "tests" like Soulcalibur Legends? EA pissed away an audience of new sports gamers with kiddified college mascots? Fuck that nonsense. The Switch situation is the best third parties have done with Nintendo in a decade, but expecting all third parties to finally get their collective heads out of their asses is an exercise in futility.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what games Switch will have in 2020. Nintendo would probably sit 2020 out as they always do that in consoles 4th year. Aside from biggest releases of the year, Pikmin 4 and Bayonetta, we could get more games from side studios like Mario Golf from Camelot, Paper Mario from IntSys and Mario & Luigi from Alphadream and that's probably it. Maybe Namco could do Pokkén 2. Maybe another moneyhat game, like Fatal Frame 5.

But the biggest mystery is the third parties. They all would be busy with the upcoming next gen and there's possibility that Switch might not get a single game at all. I hope Nintendo have further plans to keep third party at the bay for a little more until Switch 2 arrives but 2020 sure is shaping up to be a bad year for Switch.

If you think 2020's going to be bad, don't look at 2021! Right now there's NO announced Switch games for that year, first or third party! Everything's just going downhill after this year...

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since the wii, third parties and nintendo followed different routes, its not news really. if you expect different, thats on you.

that said, as long as they can cheaply port their backlog with profit, at least some will do it, or continue to. Cuz there are a lot of games that were never available on a portable console.

Exclusives and new games are another matter, dont count on many of those i guess

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that Zelda is big, Nintendo better give it the Mario treatment. Zelda Tennis, Zelda Golf, Zelda Party, Paper Zelda, Zelda Kart, Zelda Run, Link and Zelda Partners in Time, etc.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Getting depressed about the 2020 lineup in April 2019 sure is something...

I don't think anyone needs to be worried or anything, but Nintendo already has (or will already have) most of their biggest franchises already on Switch by the end of this year.

Core Mario title -- Super Mario Odyssey
Core Zelda title - Breath of the Wild (along with Link's Awakening)
Pokemon title - Sword/Shield, Let's Go
Smash - Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Kirby - Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi - Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem Three Houses
Mario Party - Super Mario Party
Mario Maker - Super Mario Maker 2
Splatoon - Splatoon 2
Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing Switch

The only big franchises without dedicated Switch games are Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and Mario Kart. But two of those (and maybe soon to be all three) are present in the form of ports.

It does cause one to wonder what Nintendo has planned for 2020. A new core Super Mario title? Mario Kart 9? Splatoon 3? Breath of the Wild 2?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. You people are too short-sighted. I'm already despairing about Nintendo's first-party lineup for 2023.

😂

Maybe, just maybe, 2020 will surprise people. But we aren't even close to finding out the full lineup for 2020. Hell, Nintendo hasn't even detailed the 2019 lineup in full.

There's nothing to worry about. It's fake fears. Nintendo has one system now. You should be happy they've been through many of their IP's because that will push Nintendo to make new IP's. Maybe the Mario Kart team wants to make a new IP? Maybe Monolith Soft wants to make a new IP? I'm super excited and I'm not worried about what IPs have been used. What you think Nintendo will sit on their hands until next gen?

Exactly, Nintendo have outright stated that they will only announce games that are to be released 6 to 9 months from initial announcement. We're not even halfway through this year yet so there's no point worrying about the next, do that June 2020 if necessary. Calm your tits pls
Yeah

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's looking to be an absolute shit year for the Switch? 2021. Absolutely nothing announced for it yet, it's unbelievable. I have no idea what the hell Nintendo is thinking.

Anyway, I had a dream a couple of nights ago that a BotW 2 got announced this E3. If that actually happens, you can all thank my dreams for willing it into existence. There were traditional dungeons too. Lots of them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
since the wii, third parties and nintendo followed different routes, its not news really. if you expect different, thats on you.

that said, as long as they can cheaply port their backlog with profit, at least some will do it, or continue to. Cuz there are a lot of games that were never available on a portable console.

Exclusives and new games are another matter, dont count on many of those i guess

This is not Wii and this is not the same Nintendo. This new Nintendo are super aggressive about third party support and don't avoid dishing out big moneys to get more. That's why we're in uncharted waters where anything can happen. Third parties could abandon Switch completely to focus on next gen platforms? Or they might think super high costs of the next gen developments makes it super risky and focus on Switch which has a already grown userbase? Time will tell but nowadays Switch missing even the most possible games doesn't paint a postivie picture.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Devolver teased a Swords of Ditto announcement on 2/9, nothing ever came of it.
Surprise! Swords of Ditto was playable at Pax East. Why would that be at Pax? it came out last year? What do you know Switch controllers at the booth.
SoD dev tweeting that the game is finished and there is news coming "vveeeerrrryyy soon"
Switch release date tied to a Direct?

https://twitter.com/onebitbeyond/with_replies

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The next 3D Zelda could be announced this year and I wouldn't be surprised. If they go the MM route then this year makes sense.

I don't think anyone needs to be worried or anything, but Nintendo already has (or will already have) most of their biggest franchises already on Switch by the end of this year.

Splatoon - Splatoon 2

The only big franchises without dedicated Switch games are Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and Mario Kart. But two of those (and maybe soon to be all three) are present in the form of ports.

It does cause one to wonder what Nintendo has planned for 2020. A new core Super Mario title? Mario Kart 9? Splatoon 3? Breath of the Wild 2?
That's what makes it more surprising and fun. Who knows where they will go. Some will obviously get sequels, but this could lead to more new bigger IP's.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb

Splatoon - Splatoon 2

Imagine only buying Nintendo games.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Devolver teased a Swords of Ditto announcement on 2/9, nothing ever came of it.
Surprise! Swords of Ditto was playable at Pax East. Why would that be at Pax? it came out last year? What do you know Switch controllers at the booth.
SoD dev tweeting that the game is finished and there is news coming "vveeeerrrryyy soon"
Switch release date tied to a Direct?

https://twitter.com/onebitbeyond/with_replies
If this is the only tease going around, it's probably an individual announcement, not evidence of a Direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo wants to keep selling Labo VR they'll definitely have VR in Animal Crossing. Not sure if they'll have it for Pokémon, but definitely put some kind of VR in Animal Crossing. Pokémon would be the best. Having online Pokémon battles in VR or playing the game in VR would be cool.

Good impressions for Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda Botw will help. It has good word of mouth so far.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If Nintendo wants to keep selling Labo VR they'll definitely have VR in Animal Crossing. Not sure if they'll have it for Pokémon, but definitely put some kind of VR in Animal Crossing. Pokémon would be the best. Having online Pokémon battles in VR or playing the game in VR would be cool.

Good impressions for Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda Botw will help. It has good word of mouth so far.
Pokemon in VR is best saved for the glorious revival of Pokemon Snap.

I mean, if the 3DS and Wii U weren't perfect enough for it, this has to be it, right?

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb

GF would have to care for PKMN to have VR. They don't.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
That's what makes it more surprising and fun. Who knows where they will go. Some will obviously get sequels, but this could lead to more new bigger IP's.

There are some franchises and side series yet to have a Switch entry. I expect more of them instead of new IP's. New IP's should come from Nintendo associate studious like Platinum or Omega Force.

Mario and Luigi series yet to make their debut on Switch. I expect a new game next year, I'm hoping for more modern 3D style.
I'm surprised that we still haven't got a new Punch Out game considering Joycons are perfect for it. Maybe it's next level's next project?
Intelligent Systems are probably already done with FE and began their next project. I'd put my money on a Paper Mario Color Splash followup.
Sakamoto's team have also been strangely absent on Switch. WarioWare? Rhythm Heaven? Tomodachi?

I also expect another Nintendo franchise musou in 2020. They could do Zelda 2 but I'm hoping that they know Kirby musou is the only right choice.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine only buying Nintendo games.
Hey, I only buy Nintendo games since I get the most joy from them and best bang for my buck. As a Director at my job, and father of 2, and homeowner, my time is very, very precious, so I choose to only buy Nintendo games, with the odd sprinkling of Sony first party sprinkled in.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon in VR is best saved for the glorious revival of Pokemon Snap.

I mean, if the 3DS and Wii U weren't perfect enough for it, this has to be it, right?

This is as perfect as you can get. It would definitely make me buy Labo VR.
There are some franchises and side series yet to have a Switch entry. I expect more of them instead of new IP's. New IP's should come from Nintendo associate studious like Platinum or Omega Force.

Mario and Luigi series yet to make their debut on Switch. I expect a new game next year, I'm hoping for more modern 3D style.
I'm surprised that we still haven't got a new Punch Out game considering Joycons are perfect for it. Maybe it's next level's next project?
Intelligent Systems are probably already done with FE and began their next project. I'd put my money on a Paper Mario Color Splash followup.
Sakamoto's team have also been strangely absent on Switch. WarioWare? Rhythm Heaven? Tomodachi?

I also expect another Nintendo franchise musou in 2020. They could do Zelda 2 but I'm hoping that they know Kirby musou is the only right choice.

We need 2D Metroid and Wario game. Who knows what NLG will do. They could do Punch Out or Mario Strikers.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
This is as perfect as you can get. It would definitely make me buy Labo VR.

We need 2D Metroid and Wario game. Who knows what NLG will do. They could do Punch Out or Mario Strikers.

I think Mercury steam is likely to be doing another 2D Metroid imo.
NLG is a huge wild card.
I could see punch out. Maybe a new IP but unlikely.

NLG is interesting since they have no set "genre". Arcade sports, FPS, Adventure game, etc.
They could announce a turn based RPG and I wouldn't be shocked.
They're not as high on my future intrigue list since they have a game this year though personally.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NLG is a huge wild card.

NLG is interesting since they have no set "genre". Arcade sports, FPS, Adventure game, etc.
They could announce a turn based RPG and I wouldn't be shocked.
They're not as high on my future intrigue list since they have a game this year though personally.
Yeah I'm not worried about what's next for them. I care about Luigi's Mansion 3 the most when it comes to them and they're giving me that this year.

The teams that should be featured in 2020 come EPD. There could be a lot of games coming from them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
NLG is a huge wild card.

I want them to go Astral Chain route with MercurySteam. They are a talented studio with enough funding and correct creative direction they could create an amazing new IP.

New 2D Metroid game should be another remake IMO. Super Metroid. And there are lots of studios that could take on such project, but what I have in my mind is IntiCreates. With a little assistance from Nintendo, they could create the perfect remake.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want them to go Astral Chain route with MercurySteam. They are a talented studio with enough funding and correct creative direction they could create an amazing new IP.

New 2D Metroid game should be another remake IMO. Super Metroid. And there are lots of studios that could take on such project, but what I have in my mind is IntiCreates. With a little assistance from Nintendo, they could create the perfect remake.

It's been 15+ years since we got an original 2D Metroid- we don't need another remake.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

...2D Metroid should be a new game not a remake.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's been 15+ years since we got an original 2D Metroid- we don't need another remake.

IntiCreates did an excellent job on Bloodstained Curse of the Moon. I have no doubt they can create an amazing brand new Metroid too. But don't forget, brand new games always cost more money and Nintendo need to see this as a profitable project. 15 years of ignoring it doesn't point out that they do.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
IntiCreates did an excellent job on Bloodstained Curse of the Moon. I have no doubt they can create an amazing brand new Metroid too. But don't forget, brand new games always cost more money and Nintendo need to see this as a profitable project. 15 years of ignoring it doesn't point out that they do.
They already hinted at a new game with the last remake

sammkoo

Mar 2, 2019
Wow, All articles saying Nintendo Direct will be 15th and today is 14th April, 18 years after first Animal Crossing (N64), let's see if anything exciting will be

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Uh probably the wrong thread to ask in but I've just read a NintendoLife article that says Mother 3 will come in Holiday 2019.
Was there any new recent rumor I've miss?

sammkoo

Mar 2, 2019
Search on Google/Twitter Nintendo Direct April,
found like 5+ articles that at least mentioned 15th April, probably not so reliable but I dunno

Nov 3, 2017
Search on Google/Twitter Nintendo Direct April,
found like 5+ articles that at least mentioned 15th April, probably not so reliable but I dunno
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.