Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
wasnt there talk that maybe they will push some e3 summer anouncements to a short mini (this, smash dlc,...) and the true direct will be at the end of summer?
Some people here speculated a Mini was coming, not from anyone reliable. I think maybe one former Official Nintendo Magazine guy said he'd heard about a Mini, but I don't know what his track record was.

The initial reports said Nintendo were dropping plans to assemble a Direct and Nate and Zippo backed that up. They said expect announcements but not Directs.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is everyone feeling today?
Patience is a virtue.
Admittedly, I actually wasn't very excited about XB1 but the previews, especially the stuff about Future Connected, brought me back on board.
Pretty good, thanks. Should be a good day, imo.
Everyone in my family and circle of friends is feeling the same and it's really started to get to us. But I don't wanna complain too much since we're financially secure for the time being.
Right now, I'm just trying to not let the negativity affect me too much.

:)

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
No offense to Paper Mario, but I would trade this entire game for so much as the Metroid V announcement. That Samus bit at the end of the trailer is killing me, Nintendo...

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
It looks like you pick regular attacks like any rpg. In Sticker Star you had to collect your moves on stickers and use the stickers to use a move. Same with Color Splash except it was cards
Ah, I remember now. Sticker Star left me cold, so I'd definitely hope this is more of a traditional RPG style command menu. The wheel system thing could be an interesting spin on turn-based combat.

Hahahahaa... sorry.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Someone did find this though

V74UpfC.png

Might need someone to translate that.

I actually picked up on your posts earlier today but I didn't wanna get too excited.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they still can't modify common Mario characters, even if they're partners. Must be part of their IP protection rules or something.

Trode

Mar 27, 2018
I wish it looked more like pre-sticker star paper Mario but it's still a cool announcement.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious what about this game made you think fans of the OG series would like it?

It seems very Color Splashy to me so far 😔
Huge fan of PM1 and 2 and the trailer got me very excited.

RPG battle system is back, with timed attacks.
Humor seems to be on point
and the diversity of locale and environments is amazing.

Seems like there is partner too, so what's not to like ?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
so...
May - Xenoblade DE
June - Clubhouse Games, Smash DLC and Pokémon DLC;
July - Paper Mario

we're getting there for a full year schedule, pandemic or not ;p

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone look and translate this? It doesn't appear the attacks are consumables again and instead just command attacks

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Okay then I can try I guess. It would be like if bayonetta 3, the gameplay changed to over the shoulder tps, and slowed down a lot, and the gameplay focused mostly just on the shooting, and the combat aspect was simplified, and the stories and characters were also simplified.
That sounds like quite the drastic depature indeed. Though going by other folk's reactions, I'm not sure this example fits the Paper Mario case 100%...

I'm confused now, lol.

Oct 28, 2019
Guess the thread is now for the snarky holier-than-thou Nintendo purists armed with release lists in one hand and balance sheets in the other. That's alright, I'll come back next week when it's inevitably our turn again, the third party doom and gloomers that revel in misery and pessimism. My kinda folk.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Dude. I know this doesn't look exactly like classic Paper Mario but I am hyped for this game. I really hope the battle system is fun and the story is cool too. I also hope they decide to offer the first two games in some form.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don´t give a fuck about Paper Mario, so for me the best of this announcement is the Metroid hint at the end. But Zippo said not to expect Metroid games in a long time... Something is fishy here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I'm not crossing a line, but I do speak Japanese, so:

The left column, which the player is on and has a red bar underneath, is labelled "buki," which means weapon. Under it are "Mario's Boot" and "Mario's Hammer."

The other column to the right it labelled "item."

Awesome, that sounds like the traditional battle system and not the sticker/card system.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don´t give a fuck about Paper Mario, so for me the best of this announcement is the Metroid hint at the end. But Zippo said not to expect Metroid games in a long time... Something is fishy here.
Metroid 5 was supposed to be announced. This might've been part of the same direct where Metroid V was going to be announced n

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone look and translate this? It doesn't appear the attacks are consumables again and instead just command attacks

Basically the text says "weapons" and "items" and the red tab is the current selection. The tab in the vid is on weapons and the two things listed are "Mario's Boots" and "Mario's Hammer". They don't seem to be consumables, so it's like the normal jump and hammer in the other first two Paper Mario games.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

If this was originally planned to be in a Direct it's possible that tease was a lead-in to the next announcement which would've been a Metroid announcement.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this at all. What about it looks Color Splashy? We've seen 3 very small clips of the battle system.

Remember when BOTW had no towns?
The overall art style, battle system being some experimental thing, and if what we saw are the partners, they're literally generic enemies :/ there's no unique design outside of The Origami King and new Kersti :/

Like when Zippo said make fans of the old series happy, I thought that'd mean closer to TTYD and they'd flaunt the return of badges and the RPG system, as well as tons of brand new NPC and enemy types

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
Remember when we thought Nintendo would never announce a big game under 6 months before it's released?

Good times.

Everything is off the table now, Pikmin 3 Deluxe could be dropping tomorrow for all we know.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Come off it, it looks 100x better than this:

öhm... in what way? (are you talking graphics or gameplay?)
Gameplay, i cant really say much, they did not show the battle system.
Graphics: eh...no. Not that its bad, the wii u did already almost everything that artstyle needs.
Only: i dont like the lighting, the colors are so bright and faint compared to older entries.

Some people here speculated a Mini was coming, not from anyone reliable. I think maybe one former Official Nintendo Magazine guy said he'd heard about a Mini, but I don't know what his track record was.

The initial reports said Nintendo were dropping plans to assemble a Direct and Nate and Zippo backed that up. They said expect announcements but not Directs.
Yeah, there was one guy that said mini, and said maybe it gets shafted.
Nate and Zippoonly said anouncements. It was reasonable to expect a short direct, 10-15 minutes just for the summer, not the fault of the people. I mean we will get the all of these anouncements, it just seems it the form of a twitter direct.

People, lets cross our fingers that its closer to TTYD and less Color Splash.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Paper Mario looks great to me!

Though as I (and Dark Cloud ) were saying, it's a shame there was no build up/no visibility on these announcements.

Oh well, big companies and coordinating different brands can be an exercise in frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.