Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Reposting my Bingo Card here because fuck the rules:

hsIy1Kd.png

I really need that fucking Monolith Soft title announced even if it ends up being a port of Soma Bringer.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My expectations are always low for directs. All I want to see is a few seconds of Botw2.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
As i said in the other thread, I think we're getting a good show. 3rd parties will have announcements qued up even if its multiplatform. We've seen SE , Paradox and a few other devs announce games like this before in directs and we'll get whater first party they have lined up.

Just keep expectations in check. We likely aren't going to get everything. And with no hardware announcement prior to E3, chances of them hinting at any pro-enhanced features will be low to nil

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
After the last Direct my expectations are firmly in the basement. Like that Metroid 4 Prime original Beta I swagged from a drunken Namco Bandai employee.

Preble

Nov 7, 2017
I think some people already have a decent idea how this direct is gonna go. Here is what I think:

-SMASH BROS DLC Character, July 2021
-Breath of the Wild 2 trailer, Summer 2022 release
-Look at Skyward Sword HD and Zelda 35th Anniversary things
-Super Mario Party 2, Holiday 2021
- A couple interesting looking indie games, that people will complain about cause they aren't AAA games
-Capcom/Konami/SNK arcade collection
- Just Dance 2022
- New Super Monkey Ball, 2021
- A new F2P multiplayer battle Royale game
-2D Metroid, 2021
-2D Donkey Kong, 2021

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want a repeat of E3 2019.

-Smash Ultimate Challenger Pack 10 to open the Direct.
-Smash Ultimate Challenger Pack 11 to almost close the Direct.
-Breath of the Wild sequel story and gameplay trailer with full title and release date to close the Direct.

Truth be told though, I expect a lot of focus on Zelda for its anniversary. Would be cool if Metroid and Kid Icarus were invited too.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
What I expect from the direct:

Pokemon BDSP
TWEWY
Skyward Sword
Mario Golf
A collection of old arcade or genesis games
Smash character reveal
Age of Calamity: new DLC content
Splatoon 3

A new IP in the same vein as Labo and 1-2 switch, with the typical nintendo creative gameplay

The rumored Donkey Kong Game (I'm setting myself up for disappointment with this, but I need something to motivate me to watch the presentation)

No BotW2, no Bayonetta 3, no Metroid 5/P4

Lots of tears

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
Was it not supposed to be coming at this show? Thought that was the rumor.
Because allegedly there were third party companies wanting to announce their Switch Pro games at E3, so they expected Nintendo to announce the Pro before E3, so they could talk freely about it. But no one asked Nintendo how they were feeling about it.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think some people already have a decent idea how this direct is gonna go. Here is what I think:

- A couple interesting looking indie games, that people will complain about cause they aren't AAA games
- Just Dance 2022
-2D Metroid, 2021
-2D Donkey Kong, 2021
Just Dance will not get its own segment especially not at E3, maybe it'll show up in a highlight reel. Nintendo's not big on casual games in their directs.
Also I do fully expect lots of 3rd party announcements that are either 1) not AAA 2) more niche like strategy games 3) multiplats that the publisher decided to announce in a direct

I don't think people will complain about it , they will just not talk about it like usual.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

Pokemon BDSP
TWEWY
Skyward Sword
Mario Golf
Smash character reveal
Splatoon 3

A new IP in the same vein as Labo and 1-2 switch, with the typical nintendo creative gameplay

The rumored Donkey Kong Game (I'm setting myself up for disappointment with this, but I need something to motivate me to watch the presentation)

Lots of tears
This would be the worst direct in the history of directs.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020

Pokemon BDSP
TWEWY
Skyward Sword
Mario Golf
Smash character reveal
Splatoon 3

Lots of tears

So aside from the Donkey Kong game (which you don't have hopes for) you think the only new thing we're gonna see from Nintendo is a smash character?

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
My dream announcement would be a new Chibi Robo. But please let it be a main title. No garden shit or side scroll. For once give us what we want Nintendo! It's easy to please us you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei V, No More Heroes 3, BOTW2, 2D Metroid

Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think there has been a single game announcement today so far.

I miss the old E3 :(

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
My dream announcement would be a new Chibi Robo. But please let it be a main title. No garden shit or side scroll. For once give us what we want Nintendo! It's easy to please us you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
I'm not sure who they could get to do that now that Skip is probably dead

maybe put Vanpool on it I guess. once they're finished with their new open world Rolling Western

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be happy with just seeing Botw2 and that rumoured 2D Metroid game

How credible are the rumours around Metroid right now?

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I'm not sure who they could get to do that now that Skip is probably dead

maybe put Vanpool on it I guess. once they're finished with their new open world Rolling Western
Honestly... Rolling Western has like 3 games and now there's an open world game? And yet Chibi fucking Robo is locked in a dungeon?

Some decisions are beyond comprehension.

I say this as someone who bought Rolling Western at launch and enjoyed it. But it does not come close to the quality and sales potential of a new mainline Chibi Robo.

Skip might be dead, but Nintendo can give the series to a new studio if they want to. They have done it before plenty of times.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Hopefully Nintendo saves E3 for me. Haven't been impressed by much so far, and would love to see anything from Donkey Kong, Zelda, or Metroid.

I've come to accept a long time ago that Earthbound and Star Tropics are never coming back in any form.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
It's very Nintendo to have Donkey Kong scheduled for holiday title. 🤡

Unfortunate, but expected. You learn.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019

- Just Dance 2022
-2D Metroid, 2021
-2D Donkey Kong, 2021
This is so depressing to read and you are forgetting pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.