• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Shigeru Miyamoto reveal himself?

• Yes!

Votes: 437 72.8%
  • Nuh-uh!

Votes: 163 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not true. Fifa, Nba, MP4 and Smash all were in that leak
They weren't leaked from Nintendo. FIFA/NBA pretty much come to everything and Smash and Prime 4 were just there because the person putting the listings up expected them to exist. Anyway, not sure why you're bringing this up considering it only had 4 Nintendo games and you know there will be more.

Metroid Prime 4 was there.
How can a game announced a year ago can be leaked? They just put up an order, game is probably not coming out this year.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
anyway, vern said we are getting "similar" support from 3rd parties compared to 2017 for this fall. and in 2017 we got:

Fifa 18
Nba 18
Dragonball xv2
DOOM
Skyrim
La Noire
Resident evil revelations
Sonic Force

so this year is gonna be:

Fifa 19
Nba 19
Dragonball FZ
DOOM 2 ?
Diablo 3 ?
Gta 5 ?
Megaman 11
Sonic racing
+
V rally 4
Valkyria chronicles 4
Ark survival evolved
A Cod game

Am I wrong Vern? There's something to add?

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
anyway, vern said we are getting "similar" support from 3rd parties compared to 2017 for this fall. and in 2017 we got:

Fifa 18
Nba 18
Dragonball xv2
DOOM
Skyrim
La Noire
Sonic Force

Fifa 19
Nba 19
Dragonball FZ
DOOM 2 ?
Diablo 3 ?
Gta 5 ?
Megaman 11
Sonic racing
+
V rally 4
Valkyria chronicles 4
Ark survival evolved
A Cod game

You forgot Fortnite.

I also am guessing that UbiSoft, Square-Enix, and Capcom will have something (ports) to show.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think they should just call it the "Nintendo."

"Hey did you watch the awesome Nintendo the other day? Can't wait for all those game!"

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018

Fifa 18
Nba 18
Dragonball xv2
DOOM
Skyrim
La Noire
Sonic Force

Fifa 19
Nba 19
Dragonball FZ
DOOM 2 ?
Diablo 3 ?
Gta 5 ?
Megaman 11
Sonic racing
+
V rally 4
Valkyria chronicles 4
Ark survival evolved
A Cod game

Fortnite and Paladdins

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
From what I remember, Emily said people at Nintendo were talking about making a remastered trilogy, but it wasn't yet in development. Now, would they remake all the assets of three games for a Bluepoint-style trilogy, and delay the game for more than a year? Idk, it all sounds so outlandish, they have the momentum going with Samus Returns which was a success, the Switch has the right demographic and image for people to pick up the fourth one without having played the first three, and the development time-line makes too much sense to delay the whole thing with Bluepoint-style remaster (Which again, for all we know is just a collection of talks at Nintendo, unlike Metroid Prime 4 which we know is far in development)
Something I could see is a Dolphin-style port being released during the summer for people to catch up. But I don't see how a full remake (That isn't even confirmed) can materialize so quickly and actually delay for an entire year a project that's far in development.

Nah, I said Metroid Prime Trilogy was proposed around the same time that Prime 4 began development.

The idea of Prime Trilogy releasing this year - or early next year - is not unrealistic.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
"fall". fortnite is a June game

I don't see anything big from ubisoft or square being announced honestly....:(

Apologizes, I glossed over fall.

We will see. Assuming Starlink is still alive, that seems like a holiday type title with it being attached to a toy line. There also are multiple Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games from the HD twin era that could be relatively easy ports. It just seems weird for UbiSoft to have just one title (Just Dance) for Switch this Fall.

TWEWY is coming in the second-half of this year. Maybe the is all Square-Enix has for Switch in 2018 (outside of Octopath Traveler), but that seems like a missed opportunity.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Over/Under: Five "I'm thinking about selling my Switch" an hour after the Video Presentation

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I said Metroid Prime Trilogy was proposed around the same time that Prime 4 began development.

The idea of Prime Trilogy releasing this year - or early next year - is not unrealistic.
5b9.png

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fifa 18
Nba 18
Dragonball xv2
DOOM
Skyrim
La Noire
Sonic Force

Fifa 19
Nba 19
Dragonball FZ
DOOM 2 ?
Diablo 3 ?
Gta 5 ?
Megaman 11
Sonic racing
+
V rally 4
Valkyria chronicles 4
Ark survival evolved
A Cod game

Not making any comments on anything, sorry dude. A few more days to go.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Switch support from CAPCOM?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Megaman Legacy Collection 1&2
Megaman X Collection 1&2
Megaman 11
Resident Evil Revelations Collection
Okami
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 30th Anniversay Collection
Monster Hunter Generations
Resident Evil 7

All of that in a year and a half. Sure, most of them are ports, but that's no laughable support. And there's also the Phoenix Wright series in which they'll release a collection and a new game:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/13/...new-ace-attorney-for-switch-plus-compilations

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Konami.

Give me Yugioh. Legacy of the Duelist would be way more fun on portable then my computer lol

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not making any comments on anything, sorry dude. A few more days to go.
All I need to know is if there's any signs of Nintendo showing interest in growing in development teams, studios, etc or if they plan on staying static. My dream is for them to increase their development output with a new studio or new team, like Retro or Monolith Soft turning into 2 teams or something. You probably wouldn't know anything about that if you mind me asking?

Edit: definitely with Sony and especially Microsoft increasing studio ownership the past few months, it would be a shame for Nintendo to fall behind

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Prime Trilogy port would be sex because it's the kind of game I could see myself going through again back-to-back in portable mode, snug up in bed. Should be absolutely reasonable to have them render at 1080p60fps with decent texture filtering and anti-aliasing, and all three still look so good that I don't really think they need major asset improvements (would be nice though!).

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
Would love to see the following first party within the Switch lifetime:

*Wind Waker HD
*Twilight Princess HD
*Skyward Sword HD
*Excite Truck XL
*Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
*Mario Sunshine HD
*Paper Mario 64 & TTYD HD [collection?]

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
All I need to know is if there's any signs of Nintendo showing interest in growing in development teams, studios, etc or if they plan on staying static. My dream is for them to increase their development output with a new studio or new team, like Retro or Monolith Soft turning into 2 teams or something. You probably wouldn't know anything about that if you mind me asking?

I think the answer is obvious.

You don't create new teams for the sake of creating new teams. If Nintendo needs more teams to make more games, they'll fund them. If the teams they have are enough, then there will be no new teams formed until needed.

Remember Nintendo also has a bunch of 3rd party developers make or assist in new titles. We have Namco making Pokken, Smash (allegedly), Prime 4 (allegedly). There's Ubisoft with Mario+Rabbids. There's KoeiTecmo with the Warriors series. Etc.

So making a new team depends on the needs they have. Them not making a new team does not mean they are staying static.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Monolith Soft will be in the direct.

It'll probably be Xenoblade 2 DLC. I hope the engine/visuals have improved since the release of the original game. And I hope to god the voice acting has improved because sometimes it can be atrocious and the voice director should be fired for such incompetence. Xenoblade 2, Zelda BOTW, Fire Emblem Warriors, those games had god awful voice acting, and for X2 and FEW they did not show well in trailers at all. It was so painful to watch those trailers with how badly the pacing was and the sound mixing, and delivery tied together in the trailer. Xenoblade 2 and BOTW had some pretty frequent cringey deliveries that i hope they got a new director for their voice acting

If it's the medieval project, which I doubt.... oh boi. Monolith isn't shy from showing off games farther away, so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.