• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
Slave Zero X finally hit the eshop (been out on ps5 and Steam for awhile). Anyone got details/thoughts on the Crimson Citadel procedural mode? I can't find a single video of it on YouTube or anyone really talking about it anywhere.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
I feel like we must be due an Indie World presentation? We've not had one yet this year.

Was thinking this as well and looking at previous years, they've alternated between doing them mid April and in mid to late May. So it is possible one is on the horizon, and could even happen as early as next week but I wouldn't put money on that given we've just had a big-ish indie showcase this past week.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
QubicGames at it again with a bunch of games (in the US) at 20c.
qubicgames.com

20th Anniversary

We're turning 20 and we want to celebrate with you! Get over 100 awesome Nintendo Switch games for just 20 cents each. See the full list and grab your favorites now!

Now the real hard part just figuring out which ones are worth a look. If nothing else I can get the rest of the Bit.Trip games (already have Runner) for next-to-nothing!

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
qubicgames.com

20th Anniversary

We're turning 20 and we want to celebrate with you! Get over 100 awesome Nintendo Switch games for just 20 cents each. See the full list and grab your favorites now!

Now the real hard part just figuring out which ones are worth a look. If nothing else I can get the rest of the Bit.Trip games (already have Runner) for next-to-nothing!

Akane
Dex
Amaze!
REKT

I'd give these a look, especially Akane.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it's very good. It has some problems but as someone who really misses the Mega Man X series I found it pretty satisfying. It's actually a lot more like the Gunvolt games but a bit breezier, lighter on story, and less demanding for the ranking system.

I actually bought and started playing it last night and yeah it is good fun. I enjoy how fast the movement and combat feels.

Not sure I like it enough to wanna 100% it, but I'm having a good time so far.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
qubicgames.com

20th Anniversary

Mana Spark was fun.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, Antonblast demo hitting today. Shame we gotta wait until November for the full game.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried stitch? The more I see it, the more it seems like it'd be my alley, especially with all the Picross I've been playing lately, but I also wish there was a demo.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Slay the Spire and Steamworld Heist since they're so cheap, haven't played either.

Mar 12, 2024
None are on sale but can anyone recommend the S Tribute series? I was looking at Elevator Action Returns and maybe the Cotton games.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited for Steam World Heist 2. I loved the first one and have enjoyed almost all Steam World games, but Build didn't grab me at all.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Did a quick playthrough of the 1st level from the Antonblast demo. It's a more chaotic, bouncier version of Wario Land 4 with a combo system. It's gonna be even harder to wait until November. Heck, I didn't even know there was 3 hidden items in a stage until I beat the level. Definitely wanna give it another go to see if I can find them. Also appreciate it being able to reload into a checkpoint very easily & quickly.

My only gripe would be that when you jump into the background like in VB Wario Land, it can be a bit hard to get a good read on the layout because the stuff in foreground is blocking stuff.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I vaguely have memories of playing the free PC version of this back in the day. I thought it was similar to Punch-Out, but it's more so about the speed of clicking/tapping attack/evade & doing the motion to do said attack/evade.

....though it sounds like it only offers touch or motion controls. No traditional button controls, which is a bit of a bummer. I feel like touch controls would work a bit better.

I think you can still find archived versions of the flash originals online if you want to give one a try.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I finally bit the bullet and bought a 1TB micro SD card so I could download all my Switch games onto my Switch Lite. I don't want to one day not have access to my digital games.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Grabbed Planet of Lana, seems a great port!
None are on sale but can anyone recommend the S Tribute series? I was looking at Elevator Action Returns and maybe the Cotton games.

Batsugun and EAR are fine, but Cotton 2 (and Guardian Force) is busted with awful lag. Don't know about Boomerang.

I hope it does not mean that the Collection flopped... I want an Investigation Collection and AA7 !
67% 3 months after launch..

Yeah that's what I fear to be the case :(

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I vaguely have memories of playing the free PC version of this back in the day. I thought it was similar to Punch-Out, but it's more so about the speed of clicking/tapping attack/evade & doing the motion to do said attack/evade.

....though it sounds like it only offers touch or motion controls. No traditional button controls, which is a bit of a bummer. I feel like touch controls would work a bit better.

I think you can still find archived versions of the flash originals online if you want to give one a try.
Thx for the comments. I'll keep it in my radar.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why Fallout 3 isn't available on Switch. Seems like easy money for Bethesda and Microsoft.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Fallout 3 isn't available on Switch. Seems like easy money for Bethesda and Microsoft.
It's not on Playstation 4-5 either. I think the time has come for a remastered collection for Fallout 3 and New Vegas, now the franchise has a pretty popular TV show. Could be among the next batch of Microsoft games on Switch/PS5 but Oblivion remaster has also been rumored for a while now.

I also hope MS brings the remaining Bethesda stuff that can run on Switch. Stuff like Dishonored 1-2 or Evil Within.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
It's not on Playstation 4-5 either. I think the time has come for a remastered collection for Fallout 3 and New Vegas, now the franchise has a pretty popular TV show. Could be among the next batch of Microsoft games on Switch/PS5 but Oblivion remaster has also been rumored for a while now.

I also hope MS brings the remaining Bethesda stuff that can run on Switch. Stuff like Dishonored 1-2 or Evil Within.
I know. I just restarted Fallout 4 to fill the void, but I like Fallout 3 a whole lot more.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
As cool as the Atari 50 collection was, I was severely disappointed that the Lynx version of California Games was missing.

I played the hell out of BMX as a kid when my folks got me a Lynx on an overseas trip to keep me occupied.

So I was thrilled to see "Epyx Collection: Handheld" in the eShop upcoming releases due out this Thursday.

Things looked pretty choppy in the video but California Games looks to run pretty smoothly at least.

Games:
Blue Lightning
California Games
Electrocop
Gates of Zendocon
Todd's Adventures in Slime World
Zarlor Mercenery

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh, hm trying to decide if going base or digital deluxe on megaton Musashi wired. Any word on when reviews are?