• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would do you like weekly eShop threads to replace this one?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is wrong with Mercenaries Saga? The 3DS game was smoother for god's sake.

Last edited:

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up The Darkside Detective... it's the vein of point and click adventure games from the 80's/90's... it's abit more limited than I was expecting... Thimbleweed Park was more fleshed out than this so far, but I haven't gotten very far to be honest

NyxKiria

Self-Requested Permanent Ban
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Finally.. It's Dragon Quest Builders day. woho. this will be a slow day at work.. when your waiting for something awesome..

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Same for us! The last level was just amazing. Took us forever and then we got a glitch at the end and had to redo it, but thankfully once we knew what to expect it didn't take nearly as long. Man, what an awesome game that is. Definitely strongly recommend Rayman Origins and Legends and the Retro DK games if you haven't played those, as our other faves in the genre.

I played all of them. I really think Tropical Freeze is on the best 2D platformers of the last years so people who didn't played it are in for a treat.
I just finished "The end is Nigh" 100% which was super hard but also fun, now i'm debating what platformer should i try next. I know Celeste is a cool game but i would like a more relaxed platformer after finishing End is Nigh and after that i would get Celeste. xD
I'll probably get Shu today.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like tinyBuild is announcing six Switch games tomorrow. Just got this press release:

Hi there! Tomorrow I'm hosting tinyBuild's first #HelloSwitch event where we're announcing 6 games that are coming to Nintendo Switch very soon.

The event will be streamed live on Twitch, Youtube, and Facebook. After the event, standalone trailers for the announced games will go live on our Youtube Channel. I will also send a follow up debrief e-mail with links to assets.

We're going all in on Switch. You will love this initial line up, and more games will be announced later in the year.

I'm assuming they are mostly going to be ports. My best guess is Hello Neighbor is one of them.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is that reaper character in necrodancer easy mode? Those souls add up to insane amounts after some kills xD, killin bosses and stuff easily far away.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Grabbed Golf Story, for €9 I couldn't pass anymore...

Damn FIFA18 for €25 is really tempting me...

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eagerly waiting for the Fe listing lol in EU, hopefully it's preorderable and loadable, gameplay looks real good.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Bought Gungeon - it's pretty interesting in design, but I am a bit disappointed by the controls. I don't think the aiming of the guns is precise enough in portable mode.

If I could either have more auto aim to compensate or really precise straight shots, it would feel better for me.
Also - is there a control scheme for single joycons for coop? I feel it could work pretty well with single stick control.

Maybe I'll byte on golf story too - the price seems good!
How is the framerate on mantis racing in portable mode?

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Lee Morris Rasec glad to see the love for Splasher. Amazing game. Especially going for all the dudes. I imagine the time trials are great too.

I'm making sure I'm collection all the workers on my run and have now just picked up the yellow paint. I'm probably taking about 15-20 minutes to finish a level so god knows how long it will take me to beat the later levels. I don't know if I will try the time trials. Some of those times are insane. Extremely good platformer though.

I also picked up Floor kids in the sale. I will probably have bought more games this month than any previous ones. Nothing stops his train!

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Bought Gungeon - it's pretty interesting in design, but I am a bit disappointed by the controls. I don't think the aiming of the guns is precise enough in portable mode.

If I could either have more auto aim to compensate or really precise straight shots, it would feel better for me.
Also - is there a control scheme for single joycons for coop? I feel it could work pretty well with single stick control.

sorry for the DP. The frame rate is super solid but the load times between races is crazy long and sucked a lot of my enthusiasm for the game. Probably a good podcast game.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
So Brawlout got a patch recently that took care of stuttering supposedly as well as alot of other updates... and input on how much better of a game it is now?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Anyone played Wulverblade? Is it any good.. really tempted...
It's really good, played at launch and really enjoyed it. My only complaint was a couple of the bosses being damage sponges combined with a lack of a pre-boss checkpoint making it a bit of a grind, but they addressed that with a patch to add an extra checkpoint. I liked the background for a brawler, it made a nice change from beating up gangs in urban settings.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Another question, im trying to download Bayonetta 2 through PayPal but it marks me an error, could this be because both games don't fit on the internal space?
It doesn't say anything just an error code, the other game didn't have it.

I want to be sure before asking the bank

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

I was am still am disappointed by the controls but only because it took me AGES to find a setup which was convenient to play in portable mode (no issue when played with a proper joypad where your hands reach every button/stick easily.

As far as your issue tho I'd suggest to apply some degree of auto aim, it works pretty well and it doesn't feel like cheating like it does for me when playing, say, a Call of Duty game where it sucks away all the fun

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Debating on necrodancer. I Iike rythm-games and some Roguelite's: I thought gungeon was to stingy on (permanent) upgrades so I kind of bounced off after a couple of hours, neurovoider lacked any permanent upgrades. I guess I like some kind of permanent or fast enough progression in those games, I loved Binding of Isaac for example. Could you guys recommend Necrodancer?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Debating on necrodancer. I Iike rythm-games and some Roguelite's: I thought gungeon was to stingy on (permanent) upgrades so I kind of bounced off after a couple of hours, neurovoider lacked any permanent upgrades. I guess I like some kind of permanent or fast enough progression in those games, I loved Binding of Isaac for example. Could you guys recommend Necrodancer?
Progression in Necrodancer happens quite often because it works by buying character upgrades and new items to add to the pool of stuff that can show up in dungeons. Your currency are diamonds you find in the dungeon and they're not rare nor are more items very expensive, so you're going to be buying stuff after almost every run at least in the early game.

You can even pay diamonds to /remove/ items from the pool (some have drawbacks and aren't worth it) so you'll always have money and stuff to spend it in.

Honestly Necrodancer is both my favorite rhythm game AND roguelike, it's one of the best game I've ever played and can't recommend it enough. It even has a bunch of unlockable characters that may help you make things easier in some stages, there's so much content...

safety_lite

Jan 16, 2018
Chicago, IL
Played some Aegis Defenders co-op last night with my girlfriend. We had a lot of fun coordinating our base setups and fending off the incoming horde. At first I was thinking the tower control portions were going to be too easy, but by level 3 we had just made it to the end by the skin of our teeth. Not sure if I'd enjoy this game very much on my own, but working together was a blast.

The first two character's abilities compliment each other well and I'm really enjoying the artwork and ambient soundtrack, so far.

sebbbbe_WiiG

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
New listings on the EU Switch eShop:
AQUA KITTY UDX (Tikipod, 15th February, 7,49€, 72MB, preload available)
ESCAPE TRICK: 35 Fateful Enigmas (D3 Publisher, 15th February, 19,99€, 1,8GB)
ACA NeoGeo: Fatal Fury 3 (Hamster, 15th February, 6,99€, 101MB)
BILLIARD (D3 Publisher, 15th February, 6,99€, 103MB)
Wanderjahr TryAgainOrWalkAway (CORECELL, 15th February, 9,99€, 4,2GB)
Samurai Aces for Nintendo Switch (Zerodiv, 15th February, 6,99€, 37MB)
Fe (Electronic Arts, 16th February, 19,99€, 1,1GB)
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf (Forge Reply, 16th February, 14,99€, 2,9GB, preload and 15% discount available)
Old Man's Journey (Broken Rules, 20th February, 9,99€, 733MB, preload available)
Layers of Fear: Legacy (Bloober Team, 21st February, 19,99€, 3,1GB)
PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 PLUS (Bandai Namco, 22nd February, 19,99€, 2,3GB)
Dragon Sinker (Kemco, 22nd February, 12,99€, 196MB)
Detention (Coconut Island Games, 1st March, 10,49€, 2,0GB)

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just preordered Kirby today I also will buy Fe when its available.
Nice! Personally i am gettin physical with Kirby wich i will order together with a new pair of Splatoon joycons (pink/green) a few days before launch, since i intend to play it together with my sister and her bf, and i wanted those cons anyway for a while already since i still need a second pair :P

Really excited for Kirby btw, that one is gonna be amazing to play. 1 month and a few days left!

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
To those who own the game, how fun is Brawlout? I'm thinking of purchasing it, but worry that it'll get overshadowed by aether of rivals which I'm also thinking of getting.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
New listings on the EU Switch eShop:
AQUA KITTY UDX (Tikipod, 15th February, 7,49€, 72MB, preload available)
ESCAPE TRICK: 35 Fateful Enigmas (D3 Publisher, 15th February, 19,99€, 1,8GB)
ACA NeoGeo: Fatal Fury 3 (Hamster, 15th February, 6,99€, 101MB)
BILLIARD (D3 Publisher, 15th February, 6,99€, 103MB)
Wanderjahr TryAgainOrWalkAway (CORECELL, 15th February, 9,99€, 4,2GB)
Samurai Aces for Nintendo Switch (Zerodiv, 15th February, 6,99€, 37MB)
Fe (Electronic Arts, 16th February, 19,99€, 1,1GB)
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf (Forge Reply, 16th February, 14,99€, 2,9GB, preload and 15% discount available)
Old Man's Journey (Broken Rules, 20th February, 9,99€, 733MB, preload available)
Layers of Fear: Legacy (Bloober Team, 21st February, 19,99€, 3,1GB)
PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 PLUS (Bandai Namco, 22nd February, 19,99€, 2,3GB)
Dragon Sinker (Kemco, 22nd February, 12,99€, 196MB)
Detention (Coconut Island Games, 1st March, 10,49€, 2,0GB)

So, Pac-Man Championship requires more storage space than Fe+Old Man's Journey.

Looking forward to both Fe and Old Man's Journey. :-)

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Progression in Necrodancer happens quite often because it works by buying character upgrades and new items to add to the pool of stuff that can show up in dungeons. Your currency are diamonds you find in the dungeon and they're not rare nor are more items very expensive, so you're going to be buying stuff after almost every run at least in the early game.

You can even pay diamonds to /remove/ items from the pool (some have drawbacks and aren't worth it) so you'll always have money and stuff to spend it in.

Honestly Necrodancer is both my favorite rhythm game AND roguelike, it's one of the best game I've ever played and can't recommend it enough. It even has a bunch of unlockable characters that may help you make things easier in some stages, there's so much content...
Thanks! This is exactly the kind of reply I was looking for. You just sold me the game. Will post some impressions soon!

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm thinking about buying a game today and 2 have caught my eye.

Aegis Defenders looks nice/interesting but I'm not really a Tower Defense guy (I'd give it a try though)

Mercenary Kings also looks nice and well animated. Looks like a cool modern metal slug.

Anyone play either of these?

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
So TinyBuild is announcing 6 games for Switch tomorrow. I wonder which ones they'll be besides Hello Neighbor that is :O

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen video of Disc Jam and noticed that there is cross-network play. What platforms is it crossnetworking with?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Is there a list of "must own" indies for Switch? The eShop is practically inundated with the dang things and while I'm already hesitant to buy digital software, buying software that a know little-to-nothing about makes me extra wary.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Is there a list of "must own" indies for Switch? The eShop is practically inundated with the dang things and while I'm already hesitant to buy digital software, buying software that a know little-to-nothing about makes me extra wary.
Everyone's definition of "must own" is going to vary. I mean, I'd easily consider The Binding of Isaac must-own but that clearly won't be the case for everyone.
Celeste is the best-reviewed indie title on the Switch... so you might as well start there. Especially if you enjoy platformers.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was am still am disappointed by the controls but only because it took me AGES to find a setup which was convenient to play in portable mode (no issue when played with a proper joypad where your hands reach every button/stick easily.

As far as your issue tho I'd suggest to apply some degree of auto aim, it works pretty well and it doesn't feel like cheating like it does for me when playing, say, a Call of Duty game where it sucks away all the fun

Yeah, I'm at that point myself right now. Switched the triggers, put blanks on "L", Map on "R" and Item on "Left Trigger" - I hate having to use anything with a trigger-push though. What's your setup like?

Just played docked and it's waay more comfortable with a Classic Controller.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Everyone's definition of "must own" is going to vary. I mean, I'd easily consider The Binding of Isaac must-own but that clearly won't be the case for everyone.
Celeste is the best-reviewed indie title on the Switch... so you might as well start there. Especially if you enjoy platformers.

I bought Binding of Isaac at retail and didn't care for it. Thankfully the retail release meant I was able to recoup what I spent on it, but I won't have that luxury with most indie titles.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have some good play-die-unlock-upgrade-rinse-repeat games?

To clarify, games that you play and slowly upgrade your character with to get further into the game? Rogue games do this, but I like ones with permanent effects over just unlocking more items to play with (ie Rogue Legacy)

I have Enter the Gungeon on PS4 and played it a while ago, but didn't enjoy the grindyness. I also have Mercenary Kings, but don't like the slower pacing. I also played a ton of Binding of Isaac on Vita long ago and am a bit burned out on it.

I've played and just recently beat Never Stop Sneakn' and need something to fill the gap (mostly for work and bathroom breaks).

Status
Not open for further replies.