• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eShop E3 surprise of this year

• Mother 3

Votes: 102 17.9%
  • Mother Trilogy

Votes: 105 18.4%
  • Mother 4

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Mother: The Dark World

Votes: 144 25.3%
  • Grandmother

Votes: 197 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm getting a similar feeling but I really only played like an hour or so and I'm pretty bad at it too so I cannot blame the game for anything just yet. One thing that concerns me is that all footage I see of the game looks so similar, I hope there are more varied environments and color palettes. 60hrs of blue black and white....

I agree with all of those remarks as well. I appreciate the difference in tone and atmosphere, but Jesus this is drab and depressing. And the game direction initially, seems really obtuse for the start of a game. I'm just two or three hours in, but it's felt a slog 80% of the time, and grinding this much, this early, hasn't felt fun.

Definitely wondering where the acclaim came from, currently....

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to keep it in the family you could pick up Tatsunoko vs Capcom for Wii for $15 somewhere. This is the game that got me into fighters and it's very beginner friendly and just plain awesome.
Actually I have a copy of this, but no decent controller for my Wii U.

I also have USF2 on the Switch, but I deleted it to save space. Maybe I should make room for that and stick with it until DBFZ and SNK Heroines are released. I do like the look of both of those, and they are partially the reason I was looking to get more into the genre pro-actively.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Are they USB? Might already work with Magic NS
I'm an arcade stick player so I'm set with my HRAP4, but that Hori D-Pad JoyCon would making handheld fighting viable.

I would imagine that the Pokken controllers are pretty good.

I have also used my 8bitdo SNES 30 and it's great. No adapter required.

USB C for the Neo geo controllers so I think an adapter is needed. Unless you could plug directly in to the bottom of the system.

I was also looking for those Ps3 SNK controllers too. Too expensive now though.

I definitely want to get a stick or two. Might do the 8bitdo ones and update the buttons and stick.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have experience on those Magic NS thingies? I have a wireless Hori Tekken stick for X360 - was wondering if it would work.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have experience on those Magic NS thingies? I have a wireless Hori Tekken stick for X360 - was wondering if it would work.
I have one and everything I've tried with it has worked perfectly and easily. But I haven't used a 360 controller of any kind.

Honestly, every Switch owner should have a Magic NS.
USB C for the Neo geo controllers so I think an adapter is needed. Unless you could plug directly in to the bottom of the system.

I was also looking for those Ps3 SNK controllers too. Too expensive now though.

I definitely want to get a stick or two. Might do the 8bitdo ones and update the buttons and stick.
I feel like those 8bitdo sticks are a trash investment, unless you can get them cheap.

Get a Magic NS. It comes with a USB > USB C adapter so if your Switch is on a stand you can plug it in to the usb c port.

I have a Wii Madcatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick that is actually pretty good out of the box if you can find one. It's basically a classic controller so it pairs to the Magic NS via Wii Remote.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't buy Payday 2. Don't support those developers.

They're trash.

Actually I have a copy of this, but no decent controller for my Wii U.

I also have USF2 on the Switch, but I deleted it to save space. Maybe I should make room for that and stick with it until DBFZ and SNK Heroines are released. I do like the look of both of those, and they are partially the reason I was looking to get more into the genre pro-actively.
If you already have USF2 you should just stick with that for awhile.

You don't have a classic controller for TvC? You have a SNES Mini? Those controllers are just Wii classic controllers.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to use snes classic controllers on switch ? It would be awesome
Magic NS!

It can use any Classic Controller connected to a paired Wii Remote. No lag!

Plus, 1 Magic NS can support 1 wired connection and 4 simultaneous bluetooth pairs

If I'm being honest I think the 8bitdo SNES30 (not the Pro) is better, though, and it pairs without a Magic NS.

But everyone should have a Magic NS!!!

The Dualshock 4 supports rumble and gyro!

As an added bonus, it also works with android and Windows, too, and when you're playing on Steam it reads all the controllers as X-Input, no set up required. Just plug and play, basically.

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I have one and everything I've tried with it has worked perfectly and easily. But I haven't used a 360 controller of any kind.

Honestly, every Switch owner should have a Magic NS.

I feel like those 8bitdo sticks are a trash investment, unless you can get them cheap.

Get a Magic NS. It comes with a USB > USB C adapter so if your Switch is on a stand you can plug it in to the usb c port.

I have a Wii Madcatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick that is actually pretty good out of the box if you can find one. It's basically a classic controller so it pairs to the Magic NS via Wii Remote.

I do have the magic Ns. I use it for WiiU pro Con for family mp time.

I will need to look for a tatsunoko stick.

The 8 bit do stick is compatible with Sanwa Denshi sticks and buttons, so you get a solid base for $45 and then another $25 or so to update it with better stuff.

I know you can do that with several sticks like Madcatz. It really boils down to not having enough $$ for the Hori Stick or a Qanba, especially when I need two

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Lost Sphear is surprisingly good. The story is a bit cookie cutter, but the characters are interesting and the music as well as the combat are both very well done.

And this is coming from someone who disliked I Am Setsuna quite a bit.

Don't know if I'd recommend it with Octopath or Y's coming so soon, but if you're jonesin' for a simple JRPG, LS isn't your worst choice.

Last edited:

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I'm cross-posting this from the Paladins' OT. Hopefully someone can help me.

I don't know you still need the answer but i just confirmed on my switch and nope.
If you reddem the code in one account you will only get all the heroes in that account.
The other accounts on the switch you can play the game but you will only have access to the heroes that come on the F2P version.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do have the magic Ns. I use it for WiiU pro Con for family mp time.

I will need to look for a tatsunoko stick.

The 8 bit do stick is compatible with Sanwa Denshi sticks and buttons, so you get a solid base for $45 and then another $25 or so to update it with better stuff.

I know you can do that with several sticks like Madcatz. It really boils down to not having enough $$ for the Hori Stick or a Qanba, especially when I need two
The cheapest I see the 8bitdo stick for is $60. I know they originally sold for $80.

If you can get one for $45 then I'd say go for it.

I don't know you still need the answer but i just confirmed on my switch and nope.
If you reddem the code in one account you will only get all the heroes in that account.
The other accounts on the switch you can play the game but you will only have access to the heroes that come on the F2P version.
I think it's because it's tied to your Epic rather than your Switch account?

But maybe I'm wrong. I know Street Fighter V DLC doesn't work on other PS4 accounts like other DLC does.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lost Sphear is surprisingly good. The story is a bit cookie cutter, but the characters are interesting and the music as well as the combat are both very well done.

Don't know if I'd recommend it with Octopath or Y's coming so soon, but if you're jonesin' for a simple JRPG, LS isn't your worst choice.
Well, there is a demo. I played it, it didn't move me.

You're better off playing West of Loathing :)

Actually, if you want a good pure combat experience there's Dankest Dungeon. It does everything right that Battle Chasers does wrong.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017

I got the same thing after "forcing" myself to sit down with it for a few hours. It wont go down as the best rpg in history, but its pretty fun!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there is a demo. I played it, it didn't move me.

You're better off playing West of Loathing :)

Actually, if you want a good pure combat experience there's Dankest Dungeon. It does everything right that Battle Chasers does wrong.
Lost Sphear's demo is probably one of the worst demos I've ever played for a game. It literally drops you in the middle of the game with no explanation about anything - nothing about the characters or world, what you have to do and worst yet, it's combat system, which is pretty great.

With I Am Setsuna's tepid response, LS's initial price point and terrible demo, It almost as if Square sent LS out to die.

Like I said before, it isn't the greatest JRPGs I've ever played, but I had fun with it.

And yes, Darkest Dungeons one of my favorite Switch games and is probably my favorite Roguelike not named Rogue Legacy.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lost Sphear's demo is probably one of the worst demos I've ever played for a game. It literally drops you in the middle of the game with no explanation about anything - nothing about the characters or world, what you have to do and worst yet, it's combat system, which is pretty great.

With I Am Setsuna's tepid response, LS's initial price point and terrible demo, It almost as if Square sent LS out to die.

Like I said before, it isn't the greatest JRPGs I've ever played, but I had fun with it.

And yes, Darkest Dungeons one of my favorite Switch games and is probably my favorite Roguelike not named Rogue Legacy.
I wish Rogue Legacy would come to Switch!

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh

I picked it up with a couple of friends, having owned it on PC and never really getting into it. It's highly undervalued on the Switch, and fills a specific niche no other MP game on the platform hits so well.

It's got about 3/4 years of content, which is plenty, and offers really fun mission based game play with goofy attitude.

Overkill, the developer, blows with console support, and what you get now, is most likely what will exist in this version, which is a year behind in content compared to PC. It has really high value for $50, and if it's less, even more. I got a solid 35 hours I think, and my friend who isn't into MP a good 15.

Don't buy Payday 2. Don't support those developers.

They're trash.

If you already have USF2 you should just stick with that for awhile.

You don't have a classic controller for TvC? You have a SNES Mini? Those controllers are just Wii classic controllers.

Oh come on, no need to spew the net vitriol surrounding Overkill. I see that all over reddit, and here too, and the....one...employee that posted a ridiculous and obnoxious tweet about buying on PC and not console, was from what I've read, fired years ago. Their console support is well known to be crap, but that doesn't negate the 3/4 years of existing content which is genuinely really awesome! And when people spread hate and rash opinions like this, most likely sans owning the game, it only keeps games that the Switch really doesn't have, off the system. WWE18, is an entirely different story, but Payday 2 is highly functional, a great port, and has loads of content!

It's crappy when you state some indie developers need the extra bucks from customers when a game isn't on sale and they want to wait, but this company doesn't deserve a sale...at all...because of lackluster console support, and one moronic former employee.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up with a couple of friends, having owned it on PC and never really getting into it. It's highly undervalued on the Switch, and fills a specific niche no other MP game on the platform hits so well.

It's got about 3/4 years of content, which is plenty, and offers really fun mission based game play with goofy attitude.

Overkill, the developer, blows with console support, and what you get now, is most likely what will exist in this version, which is a year behind in content compared to PC. It has really high value for $50, and if it's less, even more. I got a solid 35 hours I think, and my friend who isn't into MP a good 15.

Oh come on, no need to spew the net vitriol surrounding Overkill. I see that all over reddit, and here too, and the....one...employee that posted a ridiculous and obnoxious tweet about buying on PC and not console, was from what I've read, fired years ago. Their console support is well known to be crap, but that doesn't negate the 3/4 years of existing content which is genuinely really awesome! And when people spread hate and rash opinions like this, most likely sans owning the game, it only keeps games that the Switch really doesn't have, off the system. WWE18, is an entirely different story, but Payday 2 is highly functional, a great port, and has loads of content!

It's crappy when you state some indie developers need the extra bucks from customers when a game isn't on sale and they want to wait, but this company doesn't deserve a sale...at all...because of lackluster console support, and one moronic former employee.
Yeah, well, I have Payday 2 on PS3 so I feel entitled to my vocal opinion.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
Yeah, well, I have Payday 2 on PS3 so I feel entitled to my vocal opinion.

Then if you've owned it, elaborate on what you didn't like, rather than calling a developer outright trash, when someone asks for an opinion on a game specifically. You're verbose and bright enough to not simply crap on a game/developer like that.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I expressed the validity I see in what you said for sure, but that also doesn't negate the value of what the game has to offer to not just people wanting a solid MP experience, but also one on the Switch, where squad based games rent exactly the norm, and I definitely can't think of any heist games on the system either.

My friend isn't into MP games or gun based games at all, and she really enjoyed Payday 2 with me, so maybe the poster above, actually would too. And more than anything this forum is about game enjoyment, versus the clean conscience of a developer. I'd imagine all have blemishes to some degree.

Serious question, did you enjoy what you played on the PS3? I realize they shuddered support as the new systems came out, but that's what usually happens with any evolved platform based game. It's never fun or fair, but they want new sales, as any company does. Damn....how many times have I bought Super Mario Bros. in my life? I'd love a lifelong key to that and so many other games I've triple dipped on over the years, and that practice only becomes more common, I'm afraid.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Then if you've owned it, elaborate on what you didn't like, rather than calling a developer outright trash, when someone asks for an opinion on a game specifically. You're verbose and bright enough to not simply crap on a game/developer like that.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I expressed the validity I see in what you said for sure, but that also doesn't negate the value of what the game has to offer to not just people wanting a solid MP experience, but also one on the Switch, where squad based games rent exactly the norm, and I definitely can't think of any heist games on the system either.

My friend isn't into MP games or gun based games at all, and she really enjoyed Payday 2 with me, so maybe the poster above, actually would too. And more than anything this forum is about game enjoyment, versus the clean conscience of a developer. I'd imagine all have blemishes to some degree.

As an online only game, if a dev isn't going to support it going forward, that is not a good sign. This is a multi-focus game and they could careless about the product after you bought it, that says a lot. Who cares if they put most of the content in it, should've put it all and shows they don't care and just looking for a quick cash grab.

This is the third time they put this game out on a console and I don't know if the other ones are getting support but i wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Nope and nope. :)

I suppose I could use the Wii U gamepad for TvC for now. Shudder.

I'll just grab a magic ns when funds allow (all my money going to tpa seasons right now - even have to put octopath on the back burner), and stick with USF2. Thanks!

Needham

Oct 25, 2017
Magic NS!

It can use any Classic Controller connected to a paired Wii Remote. No lag!
What? Is classic controller support new?

I bought a classic controller to GameCube adapter from raphnet then used one of those GameCube adapters for the Wii U to plug in my Snes classic controller to my Switch. Select is now ZR and there are cables and junk everywhere. It's not the best solution.

Now I'll have to grab a magic ns. Way more elegant.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with all the talk this E3 about the retail content Switch has lined up, something that has really bothered me is the near-total absence of any substantial information concerning Nintendo's Online Services. This is concerning when you consider we have to start paying starting in a mere 2 1/2-3 months.

More than info about games, I want to know what's really up with Online Service, with the VC successor plans and plans for improving the OS. Well into year 2 and the OS still feels barely finished. I want folders and pins, god damn it. Themes would be nice, i really don't understand why it is taking so long to get basic QoL shit.

Anyway, at an E3 interview here's some shit Reggie says that has me worried about Online Services as a VC successor:
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news...tual-console-reggie-fils-aime-e3-2018-1869383
With Nintendo Switch Online, the company's yet to be launched online multiplayer service that is bundled with monthly games, Fils-Aime stated that its catalogue of older games will expand with time though he did not elaborate on details such as how often it would be refreshed or which consoles it would include games from.

"The Virtual Console successor is Nintendo Switch Online, right? With the mentality that says we're going to be offering a slate of games, and it's a slate that's going to increase over time," Fils-Aime said in conversation withIGN at E3 2018. "For many of these games, there's going to be additional online capability provided in those games. That's the vision we have for how to best bring our legacy content to Nintendo Switch."

When Nintendo Switch Online launches in September it brings with it cloud saves and online multiplayer. Right now, multiplayer is free for all Nintendo Switch players though he believes that turning it to a paid option will not deter players. Reason being, he believes the value offered by the Nintendo Switch Online service coupled with its low price point would be enough to drive subscriptions.

"We do [believe people will subscribe], and I say that because what we've laid out is a proposition where, yes you get the competitive play accessibility, you also get the cloud save, and you get access to the legacy content," Fils-Aime said.. "That's a fantastic proposition for $20 a year. We believe that it's not going to be any type of issue for us. In fact, it's going to enable us to continue offering a varied slate of opportunities from an online experience standpoint."

So the implication here is that there is no VC-type content planned outside of the subscription.

Is there a way to buy the games?

The service is starting with NES, how long is it going to take to get SNES, N64, GBA and possibly GC, Wii etc?

Just what is the scope of content Nintendo plans to include for a mere $20/year when previously they were charging $8 for a single SNES game on VC?

Are going to have to go through a terrible drip feed and have a quarter of a year with games like Urban Champion?

Where does 3rd Party come into this?

We really should know more at this stage and my biggest fear is that they just don't have much planned for the service considering that $20 is really, really cheap if a large library of Nintendo classics is being included. And again, are those gamea exclusive to the service? Will they rotate or just keep piling up?

With PS+, if you aren't subbed when they offer the game you never get another opportunity to get it free through Plus. But surely people who join N Online next year aren't going to completely miss out on SMB3, right?

On the other hand, I just can't imagine a world where in 2020 you spend $20/year and get access to this huge catalogue of classic Nintendo games across generations. So how do I get those games on Switch?

Too many questions.

What? Is classic controller support new?

I bought a classic controller to GameCube adapter from raphnet then used one of those GameCube adapters for the Wii U to plug in my Snes classic controller to my Switch. Select is now ZR and there are cables and junk everywhere. It's not the best solution.

Now I'll have to grab a magic ns. Way more elegant.
Classic Controller support was added in a firmware update in March IIRC.

Btw, everyone make sure your Magic NS & 8bitdo firmware is up to date by plugging into a PC and checking their respectives websites

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh the SE jrpgs are on sale in EU? Lost Sphear is actually cheaper than I picked up physical too lol (24.99 vs 29.99), I Am Setsuna for 19.99 is kinda tempting actually

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
So with all the talk this E3 about the retail content Switch has lined up, something that has really bothered me is the near-total absence of any substantial information concerning Nintendo's Online Services. This is concerning when you consider we have to start paying starting in a mere 2 1/2-3 months.

More than info about games, I want to know what's really up with Online Service, with the VC successor plans and plans for improving the OS. Well into year 2 and the OS still feels barely finished. I want folders and pins, god damn it. Themes would be nice, i really don't understand why it is taking so long to get basic QoL shit.

Anyway, at an E3 interview here's some shit Reggie says that has me worried about Online Services as a VC successor:
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news...tual-console-reggie-fils-aime-e3-2018-1869383

So the implication here is that there is no VC-type content planned outside of the subscription.

Is there a way to buy the games?

The service is starting with NES, how long is it going to take to get SNES, N64, GBA and possibly GC, Wii etc?

Just what is the scope of content Nintendo plans to include for a mere $20/year when previously they were charging $8 for a single SNES game on VC?

Are going to have to go through a terrible drip feed and have a quarter of a year with games like Urban Champion?

Where does 3rd Party come into this?

We really should know more at this stage and my biggest fear is that they just don't have much planned for the service considering that $20 is really, really cheap if a large library of Nintendo classics is being included. And again, are those gamea exclusive to the service? Will they rotate or just keep piling up?

With PS+, if you aren't subbed when they offer the game you never get another opportunity to get it free through Plus. But surely people who join N Online next year aren't going to completely miss out on SMB3, right?

On the other hand, I just can't imagine a world where in 2020 you spend $20/year and get access to this huge catalogue of classic Nintendo games across generations. So how do I get those games on Switch?

Too many questions.

Classic Controller support was added in a firmware update in March IIRC.

Btw, everyone make sure your Magic NS & 8bitdo firmware is up to date by plugging into a PC and checking their respectives websites

Yeah, I mean I know people aren't happy at the idea of $20 a year for 20 NES games with online play, but 5 years from now, $20 for their entire NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube library (maybe even GBA/DS?) doesn't sound so bad, even if it is a rental thing, even more so if third parties get games in it too.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I mean I know people aren't happy at the idea of $20 a year for 20 NES games with online play, but 5 years from now, $20 for their entire NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube library (maybe even GBA/DS?) doesn't sound so bad, even if it is a rental thing, even more so if third parties get games in it too.
But that's the thing, they definitely aren't going to offer anything near that scale.

Like, not even close. This is Nintendo, remember? They don't "devalue" their software.

Also, where did you read 20 NES games? I bet you it's like 6 at launch.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
But that's the thing, they definitely aren't going to offer anything near that scale.

Like, not even close. This is Nintendo, remember? They don't "devalue" their software.

Also, where did you read 20 NES games? I bet you it's like 6 at launch.

We had a whole thread on that.

Hint: Basically NES games aren't worth even pushing the letters they occupy on the keyboard to people these days, and most wouldn't play them if they had them for free.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
We will be lucky to get SNES games (they said they're still debating it), let alone N64. We don't even know if 3rd parties have signed on for this netflix-style of service considering they'd probably want to sell them separately like before or as their own collection i.e. Mega Man or Street Fighter.

If I could get stuff like Castlevania & Ninja Gaiden, games that I've been meaning to try out, then it would make it way more tempting, especially for stuff like SNES.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We will be lucky to get SNES games (they said they're still debating it), let alone N64. We don't even know if 3rd parties have signed on for this netflix-style of service considering they'd probably want to sell them separately like before or as their own collection i.e. Mega Man or Street Fighter.

If I could get stuff like Castlevania & Ninja Gaiden, games that I've been meaning to try out, then it would make it way more tempting, especially for stuff like SNES.
This is the crux of my concern.

I know Nintendo and I know they'll cheap out big time on their precious legacy of roms.

We're talking about the company that won't even do an even 50% off coupon for SMB3 on MyNintendo (it's 45% lol)

But if this really is the successor to VC then does that mean they just aren't going to sell all their classic games on Switch? WTF?

We had a whole thread on that.

Hint: Basically NES games aren't worth even pushing the letters they occupy on the keyboard to people these days, and most wouldn't play them if they had them for free.

So true, I don't give a fuck about NES games outside of maybe 5 that I've played to death and really don't plan to play much, if ever, in the future. So for me the promise of NES games means jack shit, especially if the games on offer are not very fun in 2018.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
As an online only game, if a dev isn't going to support it going forward, that is not a good sign. This is a multi-focus game and they could careless about the product after you bought it, that says a lot. Who cares if they put most of the content in it, should've put it all and shows they don't care and just looking for a quick cash grab.

This is the third time they put this game out on a console and I don't know if the other ones are getting support but i wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

It's not entirely an online game. I've played for hours solo with bots, and still enjoyed the game a lot.

I completely wish they placed continued effort into the game, but I can't change that, and it doesn't negate there is quality and quantity to be found, if someone is asking for a fun, deep, MP based experience for them and their friend. Which is what the above poster asked about.

I knew, and now this poster does, ahead of time about most likely a lack of continued support for this game, and if that info is out there, then that's an informed purchase for them/me, and that's entirely fine and worthy of support for the existing product, not the product that won't ever be.

I know Overkill is working on that Walking Dead game, coming out in a few months, it was shown at e3, and I imagine Payday 3 is still looming in their design work, so this game...isn't...profitable for them to pump resources in I'd imagine, and so be it. I bought Paladins the other day, and would have LOVED if Hi-Rez released the free to play model day and date with the Founder's Pack, but they didn't, and I knew it would come later, and still bought it. That game also won't be up to date for another week or so. Farsight has bugged up their licenses. Nintendo sells games generation after generation. I've bought Resident Evil 4 four times or so on varied systems.

My point being, the industry is ALL about entertainment based profit, so how is Overkill dropping an online game with lackluster support, any different? The servers are active, and that's the most important thing really. Otherwise, this is literally a...five...year old MP game at this point.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
The cheapest I see the 8bitdo stick for is $60. I know they originally sold for $80.

If you can get one for $45 then I'd say go for it.

Using Keepa I can see the stick has been $43 on a couple occasions in the last couple of months. So the key is patience.

I'd probably be good with $50 and then get some Sanwa parts to update them.

I kind of want to go off on some Arcade Classics and make my switch a legit arcade machine that I can take with me when I want.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Using Keepa I can see the stick has been $43 on a couple occasions in the last couple of months. So the key is patience.

I'd probably be good with $50 and then get some Sanwa parts to update them.

I kind of want to go off on some Arcade Classics and make my switch a legit arcade machine that I can take with me when I want.

Docked at home
NintendoSwitchArcadeCabinet_Pic01-740x455.jpg

On the go
1GqsDBn.jpg

The mini one just needs a control panel, wired through USB C port or wireless, either or. For some reason none of the mini Switch arcade cabs ive seen have actual control panels, they're just glorified stands.

This one is pretty sweet

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F54519%2Faf4fb356-1ca1-4495-a3ad-0e9164b4983a.png

Love this too:

de2047c297e4956f5cfd323a517925c0.jpg

I LOVE the VS Red Tent stand you can import but it's like $80 for a shell.

switch_arcade_stand.jpg

But why not go all the way?

a3cb435b80f5f9a3aa4e65a29243c397.jpg

88cc2f92d0f3e35f461e074b7d1121f3.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Docked at home
NintendoSwitchArcadeCabinet_Pic01-740x455.jpg

On the go
1GqsDBn.jpg

The mini one just needs a control panel, wired through USB C port or wireless, either or. For some reason none of the mini Switch arcade cabs ive seen have actual control panels, they're just glorified stands.

This one is pretty sweet

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F54519%2Faf4fb356-1ca1-4495-a3ad-0e9164b4983a.png

Love this too:

de2047c297e4956f5cfd323a517925c0.jpg

I LOVE the VS Red Tent stand you can import but it's like $80 for a shell.

switch_arcade_stand.jpg

But why not go all the way?

a3cb435b80f5f9a3aa4e65a29243c397.jpg

88cc2f92d0f3e35f461e074b7d1121f3.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

My wife is looking at me now kind of interested in a project like this and kind of like, dude you're approaching middle age, is this your mid life crisis? I had seen some of these, not all of them, but most of them are amazing.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
My wife is looking at me now kind of interested in a project like this and kind of like, dude you're approaching middle age, is this your mid life crisis? I had seen some of these, not all of them, but most of them are amazing.
Tell her it's a cheap and safe mid life crisis. Otherwise you could get into fast cars or motorcycles or want a younger wife or something!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do not fall into the google images rabbit hole or you will become obsessed.

Soooo much cool shit.

Oops.

We should really have an OT for this. These images are highly erotic.

CNgfaCLWgAYWnLK

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
s-l1000.jpg

Nintendo Switch online is going to be incredibly successful, even if it's junk.

That's because you need it to play online, not because it has NES games included.

You're losing like 80% of the appeal of the NES Classic without the actual hardware. There's no novelty without it.

Name me 15, hell, 10 NES games likely to be included that the average Switch owner will want to play regularly in 2018.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's because you need it to play online, not because it has NES games included.

You're losing like 80% of the appeal of the NES Classic without the actual hardware. There's no novelty without it.

You're also losing like 80% of the price.

A bunch of NES roms + online play for $20 = success. It's going to do very well for Nintendo, even if it sucks.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're also losing like 80% of the price.

A bunch of NES roms + online play for $20 = success. It's going to do very well for Nintendo, even if it sucks.
But it's really not the games selling it, it's the requirement for online and cloud saves.

I just can't (can) believe they're starting with 20 fucking NES games.

It should be like 5 NES games + 5 SNES games + 5 N64 games, or some combination of classics across eras. It doesn't even need to be 20 games, it just needs to be worthwhile content. I honestly just can't think of 20 NES games appealing to the average modern gamer, especially if they didn't grow up with that nostalgia.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But it's really not the games selling it, it's the requirement for online and cloud saves.

I just can't (can) believe they're starting with 20 fucking NES games.

It should be like 5 NES games + 5 SNES games + 5 N64 games, or some combination of classics across eras. It doesn't even need to be 20 games, it just needs to be worthwhile content.

I'm not saying I like their approach, but 20 NES games will appeal to a lot of users and help sell the service. Ultimately, I don't think the online is going to be any better than it is right now, which is why the price is so cheap.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying I like their approach, but 20 NES games will appeal to a lot of users and will help sell the service. Ultimately, I think the online isn't going to be any better than it is right now, which is why the price is so cheap.
They continue to flail their arms with online.

They shouldn't be charging until they can get their shit up to par with the other consoles.

They shouldn't be charging when I have to use god damned friend codes.