EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
iirc TH was mainly developed by Grezzo, which is located in Tokyo.

It was definitely programmed in Kyoto with Grezzo and 1-UP contributing through however Nintendo sets up these multi-developer setups lately. Nintendo also did this on Champion's Ballad DLC which had EPD/SRD program in Kyoto, and Monolith do additional programming in Tokyo.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017

I would figure we'd have to wake until the game came out to figure who was codeveloping Brain Age but, the Australian rating confirmed it is Indieszero

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Probably, I would say.

Went ahead and added them - 41 people as of June 2019.

switch-ringfitadventure-screen-02-1570055359872.bmp

The guy on the left who demonstrates the exercises.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i stopped caring about personal enjoyment a long time ago. now it's all numbers and scores and bottom-lines for me.

This is why AlphaDream is dead. Speaking of...

...did we find out what they worked on before declaring bankrupcy? Some of us theorized about them being involved in Ring Fit Adventure.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So EAD Ninja was right there, it is Indieszero. He didn't say it directly, but we got it.
:D
am I hearing indieszero between the lines there?
-----------------
Might be easier said than done. Kwamoto's other Switch projects (1-2-Switch, Labo) have no credits but I don't know about RFA.
If I'm not crazy, I think I saw a "credits" option in the menu. But I was too exhausted to click on it lol.

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
This is why AlphaDream is dead. Speaking of......did we find out what they worked on before declaring bankrupcy? Some of us theorized about them being involved in Ring Fit Adventure.

AlphaDream had no involvement in RFA, but you'll probably find out soon which game they had a small role in helping with. With that said, I'm not sure RFA has hidden credits because Kawamoto doesn't like including them for some reason.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AlphaDream had no involvement in RFA, but you'll probably find out soon which game they had a small role in helping with. With that said, I'm not sure RFA has hidden credits because Kawamoto doesn't like including them for some reason.

Do you know something and can't talk about it or is this just speculation?

There does seem to be music for credits.

Someone needs to either complete the game or they're somewhere in the menus.

Guess we'll find out in 3 months lol

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think lack of credits is specifically a Kawamoto thing.

Nintendo games with no clear ending like Labo and their mobile titles usually don't have them. There are exceptions like Fire Emblem Heroes and the Wii series.

RFA is still an RPG that assumably has an ending/final boss, but we know it's supposed to be a pretty long game.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Speaking of credits there, Iwata was listed as Executive Producer in BOTW credits (i think it was last time when we saw him in credits), but he was not listed in things like Odyssey which obviously started development in 2013 or something like ARMS. Do we know the reason? Or i quess they leave it as it is and include him for the last time in BOTW (he had few tributes in this game too).

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Speaking of credits there, Iwata was listed as Executive Producer in BOTW credits (i think it was last time when we saw him in credits), but he was not listed in things like Odyssey which obviously started development in 2013 or something like ARMS. Do we know the reason? Or i quess they leave it as it is and include him for the last time in BOTW (he had few tributes in this game too).
EAD Tokyo worked on Captain Toad after SM3DW until late 2014. By the time they had gone into full production on SMO, Iwata was already gone. It's not so much about who was president on day-1 of first ideas being thrown around, it's more who's shepherded the game through the bulk of its development and that was Iwata for BotW from 2012-mid 2015. I don't remember which games but for some of them you have both Iwata and Kimishima listed as Exec Producers for NCL.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
EAD Tokyo worked on Captain Toad after SM3DW until late 2014. By the time they had gone into full production on SMO, Iwata was already gone. It's not so much about who was president on day-1 of first ideas being thrown around, it's more who's shepherded the game through the bulk of its development and that was Iwata for BotW from 2012-mid 2015. I don't remember which games but for some of them you have both Iwata and Kimishima listed as Exec Producers for NCL.
Oh i see there. Thanks for nice respond. But actually i think that development of Odyssey started in late 2013 or early 2014 like pre-production.
Koizumi told EDGE that next 3D Mario is already in development in April 2014 (at that time i think they already knew it will be on Switch, even Koizumi confirmed it that it was always planned for Switch and not Wii U.)
Next 3D Mario Game in Development

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oh i see there. Thanks for nice respond. But actually i think that development of Odyssey started in late 2013 or early 2014 like pre-production.
Koizumi told EDGE that next 3D Mario is already in development in April 2014 (at that time i think they already knew it will be on Switch, even Koizumi confirmed it that it was always planned for Switch and not Wii U.)
Next 3D Mario Game in Development
Of course, that's why I mentioned the full production part. Obviously they started kicking ideas around for the next 3D Mario right away (as we knew from that interview) but they likely hadn't properly started on it until Toad was out the door, leaving a very small window of involvement for him.

I think we equate devs kicking some early ideas around with "Development Has Started" a bit too often.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
but they likely hadn't properly started on it until Toad was out the door, leaving a very small window of involvement for him.
Looking to it after time i have to say they did it pretty quickly. Started in late 2014 and finished in October 2017 (even though in January 2017 Koizumi stated that the game is considerably finished, but obviously Nintendo intentionally released it in October 2017, but they heavily improved it's graphical quality since (like most Nintendo games) it's first reveal so there was some very good progress still. I wouldn't be surprised if they started developing a sequel even before game launched.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If Odyssey 2 is indeed an Odyssey 2, I'm pretty sure we'll hear that it started as a DLC; but Nintendo understood that there's more money to be made by selling a new game than a DLC, after Zelda. I felt that the Zelda dlc was undercooked and low effort as compared to the base game (and compared to the dlc of Witcher 3 or HZD for example though i didn't play the latter); it was no surprise to hear that the next Zelda stems from what was supposed to be a botw dlc.
That's probably why we haven't seen a DLC for Odyssey or Mario party. Or nothing after the octo expansion, while there was still expectations.
Capitan Todd is the exception, but I doubt it took that much resources, and since it's a port I guess it made more sense.

Anyway: if the next Mario is a direct sequel from Odyssey, I'm betting that they'll say it comes from what was originally supposed to be a DLC.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Or nothing after the octo expansion, while there was still expectations.
Anyway: if the next Mario is a direct sequel from Odyssey, I'm betting that they'll say it comes from what was originally supposed to be a DLC.
Yeah it maybe started as a DLC, I wouldn't be surprised.
But as for Octo Expansion, watching announcement from March 2018 Nogami stated: "first paid DLC for Splatoon 2", maybe it was just a translation thing, or someone who speaks Japanese can translate it directly from japanese Direct.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If Odyssey 2 is indeed an Odyssey 2, I'm pretty sure we'll hear that it started as a DLC; but Nintendo understood that there's more money to be made by selling a new game than a DLC, after Zelda. I felt that the Zelda dlc was undercooked and low effort as compared to the base game (and compared to the dlc of Witcher 3 or HZD for example though i didn't play the latter); it was no surprise to hear that the next Zelda stems from what was supposed to be a botw dlc.
That's probably why we haven't seen a DLC for Odyssey or Mario party. Or nothing after the octo expansion, while there was still expectations.
Capitan Todd is the exception, but I doubt it took that much resources, and since it's a port I guess it made more sense.

This happened with uncharted, so I could see it.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Yeah it maybe started as a DLC, I wouldn't be surprised.
But as for Octo Expansion, watching announcement from March 2018 Nogami stated: "first paid DLC for Splatoon 2", maybe it was just a translation thing, or someone who speaks Japanese can translate it directly from japanese Direct.

I'm 100% sure that they had other plans for dlc's, but instead moved every new idea they had toward a new game, which I remain convinced is scheduled rather sooner than later.

Deleted member 55822

Banned
Apr 10, 2019
I don't remember which games but for some of them you have both Iwata and Kimishima listed as Exec Producers for NCL.
A quick look shows that Paper Mario: Color Splash and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe have both Iwata and Kimishima listed as Executive Producers. It's possible that there are more games that listed them as well.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
A quick look shows that Paper Mario: Color Splash and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe have both Iwata and Kimishima listed as Executive Producers. It's possible that there are more games that listed them as well.
Ah, had a feeling it was Color Splash. That one is quite obvious, as is MK8D. Anything that released during 2016 probably has both.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
they had toward a new game, which I remain convinced is scheduled rather sooner than later.
I don't think so, Splatoon in general is for me like Mario Kart = 1 game per system is enough. They will be releasing New Horizons in March so next game probably Splatoon 3 around next gen launch or few months after. Or they can squeeze some spinoff or something on this hardware.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I don't think so, Splatoon in general is for me like Mario Kart = 1 game per system is enough. They will be releasing New Horizons in March so next game probably Splatoon 3 around next gen launch or few months after. Or they can squeeze some spinoff or something on this hardware.

Animal crossing and splatoon don't share that much staff, just the producer and a few other people from what I recall.
That being said, I'm also convinced that Mario kart 9 is coming rather sooner than later :D
FY 2020 for both is my bet. See you in a year.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
What do y'all think the Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle team and Davide Soliani at Ubisoft are up to?

Do y'all think they're working on sequel to M+R or a new game for Nintendo or just something else at Ubisoft unrelated to Nintendo?

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What do y'all think the Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle team and Davide Soliani at Ubisoft are up to?

Do y'all think they're working on sequel to M+R or a new game for Nintendo or just something else at Ubisoft unrelated to Nintendo?
Ubisoft was doing a lot of market research for a sequel, so unless Ubisoft decides to move in a different direction that seems most likely.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Ubisoft was doing a lot of market research for a sequel, so unless Ubisoft decides to move in a different direction that seems most likely.

I was also thinking they might do a sequel-of-sorts... Where it's the same strategy concept but call it Link x Rabbids: Hyrule Battle... I know the director was a huge Zelda fan.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think lack of credits is specifically a Kawamoto thing.

Nintendo games with no clear ending like Labo and their mobile titles usually don't have them. There are exceptions like Fire Emblem Heroes and the Wii series.

RFA is still an RPG that assumably has an ending/final boss, but we know it's supposed to be a pretty long game.
The only games I can think of besides the mobiles that lack credits are all Kawamoto produced. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (presumably since Arika didn't work on it), 1-2 Switch, and Nintendo Labo. Nintendo Badge Arcade and Ring Fit Adventure both have hidden credits. Seems pretty consistent. The only other games in recent memory are the NES Remix games

morromocotudo

Nov 19, 2017
The only games I can think of besides the mobiles that lack credits are all Kawamoto produced. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (presumably since Arika didn't work on it), 1-2 Switch, and Nintendo Labo. Nintendo Badge Arcade and Ring Fit Adventure both have hidden credits. Seems pretty consistent. The only other games in recent memory are the NES Remix games

Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure was produced by Hitoshi Yamagami and developed by TOSE. Kawamoto was not involved, as far as I know.

cEfDmwy.png

LCXezEb.jpg

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is another example of a game without credits.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Sequel. Ubisoft hasn't tried to hide its intentions. They held a live feedback event in NY last year.