• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
As someone who has never played a DK game (outside of the NES port of the original on NSO for a few minutes), I would be more excited for a new DK than a Mario game right now. I'm just in a phase where I want to try new things at the moment.

Also BotW 2 coming this year would be incredible.

Sep 14, 2018
Hello friends! (That's all of you. You are all my friends.) I haven't been paying attention to this thread all that much lately, but I did check this morning before the Donkey Kong thread was posted and I saw a bunch of games being thrown around. I wasn't sure what were actually rumored games and what were wishful thinking, but I did notice Donkey Kong being mentioned. Then the thread was made about it, so it makes it seem like the games being thrown around may actually have rumors backing them up.

Could one of you friendly people fill me in on the recent rumors? Thank you. :)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
59aw04.jpg

Pedrix

Feb 20, 2018
Montreal - QC, Canada
Hello friends! (That's all of you. You are all my friends.) I haven't been paying attention to this thread all that much lately, but I did check this morning before the Donkey Kong thread was posted and I saw a bunch of games being thrown around. I wasn't sure what were actually rumored games and what were wishful thinking, but I did notice Donkey Kong being mentioned. Then the thread was made about it, so it makes it seem like the games being thrown around may actually have rumors backing them up.

Hi, friend. There was a blog post by Zippo, one of the insiders (if they're reliable or not is not up to me), basically we have 2D Metroid, DK, Fire Emblem and Super Mario Party 2 coming this year.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love how it only takes a single tweet from specific individuals to cause this thread to blow up into a frenzy.

I'm just glad this is a minor point for team 2021. Seems like we've been taking a lot of Ls recently.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
I don't wanna be that guy that goes OMG JEFF GRUB LEKS ZOLDA CONFIRME?! but is that a Jeff tease that Zelda will release reeeeeeeeeeeally close to Horizon again?

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
Also, some people are saying it's a 3D DK, some seem to say a 2D one and I'm just saying I'm willing to commit several federal crimes for a new 3D DK

Gamer_Gian

Feb 9, 2020

Sure thing! Zippo (pretty credible leaker) posted about what he believes Nintendo has in store for 2021, important points include:

- 2D Metroid from Mercury Steam is done, Nintendo is very happy with it and just needs to announce it
- Super Mario Party 2 is happening this year
- Fire Emblem this year, likely a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War
- New 2D Donkey Kong from EPD Tokyo this year. Not being labeled as "Country" but will contain characters like Diddy, Cranky, and the Kremlings
- BOTW 2 is not this year
- Something Mario Kart is on its way, probably later this year, unsure if it is DLC for MK8D or a new game

Sep 14, 2018
Sure thing! Zippo (pretty credible leaker) posted about what he believes Nintendo has in store for 2021, important points include:

- 2D Metroid from Mercury Steam is done, Nintendo is very happy with it and just needs to announce it
- Super Mario Party 2 is happening this year
- Fire Emblem this year, likely a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War
- New 2D Donkey Kong from EPD Tokyo this year. Not being labeled as "Country" but will contain characters like Diddy, Cranky, and the Kremlings
- BOTW 2 is not this year
- Something Mario Kart is on its way, probably later this year, unsure if it is DLC for MK8D or a new game
Thank you very so much penguin friend!

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I wish Lyre could return for just a moment for when 2D DK is announced. See their reaction -- and then ban them again immediately.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Lyre could return for just a moment for when 2D DK is announced. See their reaction -- and then ban them again immediately.

I don't know that specific person but the comments in reddit and gematsu announcement news of 2D DK will be fun to read. Especially if there really are three first party 2D platformers this year. I can feel their anger already. It gives them focus, makes them stronger!

Status
Not open for further replies.