Do you think there will be a Switch Pro before the next Nintendo console?

• Yes, we will get the equivalent of a New 3DS.

Votes: 292 28.8%
  • No, the OLED was the final Nintendo Switch revision before Switch 2.

Votes: 519 51.2%
  • Why does everybody care what I think on this subject? We're all in the dark

Votes: 202 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

Nintendo fan twitter is just one big fucking mistake. I hate that I get recommended so many brainless tweets just for following industry folks.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After having owned a white DS Lite, a launch Wii, a white N3DS, and a white iPhone 4, I will never own white electronics again.

Aug 25, 2019

Nintendo fan twitter is just one big fucking mistake. I hate that I get recommended so many brainless tweets just for following industry folks.

Yeah those other two USB ports are fake, obviously.

On another note, recommended on Twitter is the most fucked up feature. I once accidentally clicked on something that critisizes vaccinations, and Twitter has been recommending me all sorts of conspiracy theories ever since. Don't even know how to turn it off lmao.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I didn't see the State of Play but I'm not surprised it had a poor reception. The fact indie titles were a part of the presentation wouldn't have pleased fans as they're there for the blockbusters.

Sep 9, 2020
Yeah those other two USB ports are fake, obviously.

On another note, recommended on Twitter is the most fucked up feature. I once accidentally clicked on something that critisizes vaccinations, and Twitter has been recommending me all sorts of conspiracy theories ever since. Don't even know how to turn it off lmao.
It's goddamn bullshit. I get more "recommended" tweets than from people I follow. WTF Twitter

Plum

May 31, 2018
Nintendo fans love to complain about Directs, but honestly we have it good especially compared to other Publishers. I don't know what it is but Nintendo knows how to make indies look great while Playstation somehow makes them look dull in comparison. Something doesn't add up.

We really don't realize how good we have it sometimes lmao. But I guess it's only natural for people to get mad at Nintendo because it's destiny lol.

Honestly I think a lot of people just don't respond well to marketing that assumes people are going to be excited about things that aren't exciting to them, so indie marketing that respects people's time whilst showing the game in a no-nonsense way is going to be seen in a more positive light.

Honestly a lot of video-game marketing nowadays just feels like an endless stream of this:

giphy.gif

I'm gone forever if that happens.

my era email is no longer valid.

I don't think you need to have access to your email to change it. That may be wrong, but I doubt the admins/mods would just say "no" if you sent in a ticket and explained the situation. You're already signed up after all lol

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Has anyone played Ender Lilies? I'm tempted to buy it even though tbh I have no business buying a new game right now

Sep 9, 2020
I don't know what it is but Nintendo knows how to make indies look great while Playstation somehow makes them look dull in comparison.
Probably helps that Switch only owners are kind of used to seeing indie games pad out the dryer months when Nintendo and third party releases aren't as common. Meanwhile the Sony fanbase are accustomed to a ton of major releases, so they probably don't really care for indie showcases as much.

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
Ok on the topic of the new dock.

I agree that the lan port is the right choice. Probably should have been there from the start. But I got this little adapter that adds 3 more USB ports, and a Ethernet port. The 3 USBs are great because I have 2 8bitdo adapters and they don't fit next to each other on the front ports... Ill actually miss the internal USB port lol

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y7H7Y5J.png

Chad Sanic and the Virgin Lonk
Yet you see countless comparision tweets made by Sonic fans, who complain about some changes Sega made with this remaster, especially in terms of the lighting.
Extensive work on remasters are neat and definitely take more effort than simple umrezzes, but they also lead to annoying discourse regarding negative-perceived changes by fans of the original versions. We've seen this several times with Nintendo remasters/remakes, too (Majoras Mask 3D, Xenoblade DE, etc...)

Edit: Just realized this screenshot is more about the pricing lol. Yeah, I agree that Skyward Sword should've been 39,99 at least.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I am once again contemplating getting back into Diablo 3. For the third time this year.

September isn't getting here fast enough.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
The Ace Attorney account is now posting big spoilers for the end of the first GAA game so uh, maybe don't look at that.

I'm getting a real kick out of the hilariously generic names they're using for episodes in promos, though. "The Case of the Pedestrian Knifing."

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Today I've learned that this forum can sometimes unite around an idea.

That idea is, that the Broodals are fucking awful.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Broodals didn't do enough.

they felt like they're just "there".

I expected more hijinxs from them since they were described as a evil wedding planning firm. But I think that was just the NOA description in the end and not an actual characterization.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
The broodals are definitely worse. I expected better from the Mario team
Bunnies are so cute. How did they get it so wrong
Broodals didn't do enough.

they felt like they're just "there".

I expected more hijinxs from them since they were described as a evil wedding planning firm. But I think that was just the NOA description in the end and not an actual characterization.
That's a good point, actually. A team of evil designers and planners would've made for fun hijinks. They don't really do anything with that idea. They're just smartly dressed (kind of).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The concept of Broodals was genius. Brood = bunnies, brutal = evil, broodal is like bridal, evil wedding planner rabbits.

A triple layered pun.

The problem was the design and implementation, not the concept.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
they're mario bad guys, they perfectly fit the part. but it was clear that Nintendo didn't really know what to do with them
I think part of the problem was also that you fought each of them, seemingly killed them, and then they just... came back and did the same fight again. And THEN you fought them all together.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
they're mario bad guys, they perfectly fit the part. but it was clear that Nintendo didn't really know what to do with them
They're so much uglier than the average Mario baddie!

I'd also say they probably did know what to do with them, as they were probably designed around their battle mechanics and not intended for much else. It is Mario.

But they ugly

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as new news is concerned it'll most likely be boring on Nintendo's front until September.

Actually, we could get a Pokémon Direct and a new Indies Presentation before September.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
As far as new news is concerned it'll most likely be boring on Nintendo's front until September.

Actually, we could get a Pokémon Direct and a new Indies Presentation before September.
Pokemon Presents later in the month (new trailers for BDSP / Legends; Unite release date); Indie World in August like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.